Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rs6 "custom tune" for sale by baytires.com (SF Bay Area)

Quote Originally Posted by Audi-RS6 View Post

So far nothing can come close to this tune. Your money, your choice.
    http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/21...highlight=dyno Really? I would say I had pretty good numbers with this tune.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Comeon... We have to use same dynos to compare, you know that. I saw higher number than yours. 1/4 mile is better way to prove.

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/21...highlight=dyno Really? I would say I had pretty good numbers with this tune.
    www.WheelsGallery.com

All about wheels and cars.
    Free image gallery, sell or trade your wheels online.

Comeon... We have to use same dynos to compare, you know that. I saw higher number than yours. 1/4 mile is better way to prove.
    Allright, I have no intention of turning this into a wang measuring contest. I was just stating that there are good tunes out there, and I completely agree with your statement about the off the shelf tunes. You wouldn't see me running an overpriced GIAC in my car when there are better options. I also agree that power is made when the entire map is taken into consideration, ie. fueling, boost, timing. I do have to say that while I'm not fond of big name tunes, you'll not see me throwing money to an unestablished basement tuner either.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Agree here, but everyone starts small.

.. I do have to say that while I'm not fond of big name tunes, you'll not see me throwing money to an unestablished basement tuner either.
    www.WheelsGallery.com

True, but in my opinion, if Marc's business had any merit, it would have grown by now. Over the years he's been banned from every forum on the web. Maybe his tunes are good and he's just a terrible business man, who knows. I do know I tried contacting him about his tune over a year ago, and never received any response. My thinking was, if it's this hard to make a purchase, what's the customer support going to be like down the line?

Someone needs to help him and we are here now, taking over this part )
    www.WheelsGallery.com

At any rate, I've taken this thread the wrong direction, and for that I apologize. I'm glad you found a tune that works for you, and it sounds like your car is running well. I'm also glad that these overpriced, archaic big name tunes are finally being exposed for what they are.....

Someone needs to help him and we are here now, taking over this part )
    That's good news, maybe that's all he needs, someone with the business experience to add the proper exposure and support that he needs. Good luck.

Maybe if someone had a spare ECU that was already coded for their car someone with a hot tune would want to demo it to see if it lives up to their claims. You could even use the same dyno to give a head to head look against the Eurocharged.
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

I'd love to compare. If there is a car in Bay Area with anything other than GIAC lets meet.
    www.WheelsGallery.com

Oh boy,

Dont start the pissin match again. I got called every name in the book when trying to help.

Complete waste of time.

At any rate, I've taken this thread the wrong direction, and for that I apologize. I'm glad you found a tune that works for you, and it sounds like your car is running well. I'm also glad that these overpriced, archaic big name tunes are finally being exposed for what they are.....

Quote Originally Posted by JRS-RS6 View Post
    Maybe if someone had a spare ECU that was already coded for their car someone with a hot tune would want to demo it to see if it lives up to their claims. You could even use the same dyno to give a head to head look against the Eurocharged.
    No thanks, I'm anticipating my Viper tune, and then I'm done being the crash test dummy for RS6 tuning.

but Pat, you were such a good guinea pig. Kinda like me with the tbelt change
    No thanks, I'm anticipating my Viper tune, and then I'm done being the crash test dummy for RS6 tuning.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    but Pat, you were such a good guinea pig. Kinda like me with the tbelt change
    Oh, that was a low blow... The difference is that I did what I had to do to rectify the situation. I prefer that the things that I touch to work properly if at all possible.
    Last edited by V8weight; July 12th, 2010 at 04:53.

hehe

ok back on topic, I will look forward to some data from this tune.
    Oh, that was a low blow... The difference is that I did what I had to do to rectify the situation. I prefer that the things that I touch to work properly if at all possible.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

The "secret" RS6 tune described by the author of this thread is in fact mine. It is significantly faster than GIAC and every other tuner that I tested it against.

My blue RS6 ran 11.9 @ 117 with just my flash. It still had all of the cats. It also had 206K miles on it. Really kicking myself for selling this car, but oh well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqE3-JzYCig

My grey RS6 ran 11.5 @ 119 with the tune, no cats, and some minor weight reduction (wheels, battery etc). After some additional tuning, I had it running ~11.2-11.3 @ 121-122 on the street but snapped the trans input shaft in half before I had the chance to take it back to the strip.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Audi-RS-6-Timeslip-17901.html

I'm not tuning Audis anymore. It was just something I was doing on the side. Like a few people in this thread mentioned, I went about it half assed and couldn't offer the proper support/customer service so I killed it.

Happy motoring.

Marc

Stock is faster than GIAC. ;-(

Quote Originally Posted by 10SecS4 View Post
    The "secret" RS6 tune described by the author of this thread is in fact mine. It is significantly faster than GIAC and every other tuner that I tested it against.

My blue RS6 ran 11.9 @ 117 with just my flash. It still had all of the cats. It also had 206K miles on it. Really kicking myself for selling this car, but oh well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqE3-JzYCig

My grey RS6 ran 11.5 @ 119 with the tune, no cats, and some minor weight reduction (wheels, battery etc). After some additional tuning, I had it running ~11.2-11.3 @ 121-122 on the street but snapped the trans input shaft in half before I had the chance to take it back to the strip.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Audi-RS-6-Timeslip-17901.html

I'm not tuning Audis anymore. It was just something I was doing on the side. Like a few people in this thread mentioned, I went about it half assed and couldn't offer the proper support/customer service so I killed it.

Happy motoring.

Marc

While GIAC was pretty disappointing, this statement is incorrect. I tested all known factory BCY and BRV revisions and they were still slower than GIAC.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Stock is faster than GIAC. ;-(