Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Future RS Cars: Opinions

Thanks Qisha ! i can imagine it's not easy for you to give us those informations. We all do really appreciate.

Hopefully for me, it will only be available in sportback, witch is not really my favorite. No regret now going for the RS5....

But i'm sure next RS3 will be my following RS, especially in a 3 doors configuration.

RS 3... It will be fast!

Another thought

Quote Originally Posted by GT3ZZZ View Post
    Hi Q, thanks for seeking some feedback. Forget all the flat bottomed steering wheel and flared arches stuff! Standing back from the superficial, I think its fairly straightforward:

1. Differentiate RS much more v S models in the look, exterior and interior - think Porsche GT2/3 v Carrera, harder, lower, meaner, totally different proposition, not just the next badge up. Current Audi RS models are far too conservative and similar to their lesser cousins

2. Lose serious weight - current efforts here are poor. A hardcore A5 should be c 1,400kg, not 1,780kg

3. The engines should be blown - it is the Audi heritage and it saves big weight if they can be smaller! RS5 should have the 5 or 6 with big boost.

4. Keep developing the halo models - an R8 RS would help trickle down good feelings about the RS brand. You have missed a trick here by creating a very separate R8 brand rather than a hero for the RS family.

Happy to help

Pete (LP560-4, 997.2 GT3 and M3 owner...)

P.S. Keep racing! the Le Mans cars and R8 LMS are great but where are the A5 GT3's? BMW won the Ring 24hr with their A5 segment competitor, not their 'M1' supercar.
    Also think about the green agenda. My M3 has start-stop and basic KERS. Porsche are going to wipe the floor with the competition here in the next few years. Audi diesel models may tick the box but the petrol models are nowhere yet...
    Last edited by GT3ZZZ; June 8th, 2010 at 23:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear Friends,

RS flat bottom Wheel: yes (already available for the S3, and through Audi exclusive for the regular line)

Sportback only: yes

wider wheel arches: front yes, rear inner fender yes- bodywork no

Please admit a little more time for final specs.

Qisha
    And yet another cool car not coming Stateside...
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Qisha, just think "Nissan GT-R" and "do it"
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Oh no!!!!!!!!

I don't want a sportback at all, it has to be 3-door, you won't believ how dissapointed i am now, waited years for this car and now they gonna ruin it with a sportback setup

The focus RS , megane R26 - R etc are all greta hatches and they all come out in 3 door only, even the golf R comes in 3 door and thats from the same stable!!!!!!!

Is it going to be boring and refined? or will you be able to hear the turbo dumping, exhaust note and be thrown back into your seat ala Focus RS?

thanks

I tend to agree with you but lets wait as I am pretty shure the beast will look good even in sportback format.

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    Indeed I did...

BUT... Tell me one thing-what is the point of RS3 based on outgoing old A3 model??

It will be the shortest lifespan model in quattro Gmbh history... IMHO there is NO need for RS3 based on old A3 model.
    You're correct on all counts. Even so, i am sure that an RS3 based on the current A3 platform will still be a highly desirable car with immense performance. The success of this car will depend on its price. Whatever it costs, it is likely to depreciate very quickly because of the new model.

I am fascinated by the next generation A3. Early reports, from Georg Kacher, a journalist I respect and admire, suggest that it is going to grow in size and capability. It it provides as much interior space as the current A4 but with more rear leg room, it will do very well.

I would love to see the Torsen AWD system instead of the Haldex one.

Unfortunately it hardly can be Torsen unless the engine is put lengthwise, not crosswise if I'm right.

Regarding all the RS cars I agree with most of your thoughts guys, more power and less weight is always greater. But I'm minority, I love the manual, so I'd like to have a choice of gearbox. And 8 speed S-tronic is useless, even 7 is a bit too much IMO.

I think that the formula for RS cars should be what it basically has always been: Exceptional performance combined with quattro and classy, sleek but understated styling.

Where I believe that Audi has erred recently has been in not offering more (or all) of the RS line in the US. If Audi wants to effectively compete with BMW and MB, the RS "halo" cars MUST be available here. Since the competitors seem loathe to offer AWD on their top-performing models, there's a market niche for Audi to fill.

thanks Qisha for the info!

About engine I will like to see the engine on the 2009 q5 concept and I would like to see also a powerful top diesel engine 2.0 - 3.0lt to beat bmw

A inline 5 with 415HP, 420 ft/lb mated to a 7 or even 8 speed S-tronic within a 3300 pound chassis could do the trick.

Qisha
    could it be possible that they give the RS3 (because there isn't so much time) a stronger engine than the TT-RS
    that would be great ... it'll beat everything

I bet on 365HP.....

I tend to disagree with Ritchy.engine will be same as TT RS. but on paper will be a couple of HP less then 340hp. RS3 has to be lower than TT RS rankwise unless it comes with next generation on A3 and then TT RS is not sold anymore...
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

Quote Originally Posted by youry View Post
    I tend to disagree with Ritchy.engine will be same as TT RS. but on paper will be a couple of HP less then 340hp. RS3 has to be lower than TT RS rankwise unless it comes with next generation on A3 and then TT RS is not sold anymore...
    same for me just shy to TT-RS or even but not more. TT RS is an iconic Audi model.

Quote Originally Posted by andreadebi View Post
    thanks Qisha for the info!

About engine I will like to see the engine on the 2009 q5 concept and I would like to see also a powerful top diesel engine 2.0 - 3.0lt to beat bmw
    That's weird, I was just thinking the same thing. Is it not about time that Audi brought us that Q5 concept. Though did I not read somewhere that Audi were about to release a 200hp 2.0 diesel engine, surely if they do that then the logical step is to do something similar with the 3.0 diesel.

the inline 5 engine has a great potential and you can assume to see the use of this engine again. A inline 5 with 415HP, 420 ft/lb mated to a 7 or even 8 speed S-tronic within a 3300 pound chassis could do the trick.

There are two RS cars on the horizon... over the next two years.

Qisha
    Could one of these RS cars be the rumoured "Project Anniversario"/"A5 Sport Quattro" that made some headlines some time ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchy View Post
    I bet on 365HP.....
    You need to listen better. When Qisha suggests an in-line 5-cylinder engine with 415 bhp mated to a 7- or 8-speed DSG box within a 3,300 lbs chassis he isn't speculating but prophesying!!!! He has yet to be wrong, unlike the rest of us.

An RS3 with that amount of power will be mind-boggling. I just hope it doesn't cost too much.