Thread: Is there anything you'd like to show us James?

Is there anything you'd like to show us James?

Are there any pictures you'd like to share with the anxious board? I knew I should have taken pictures with my own camera, you know, if I buy the same thing before you post pics, technically then that makes you the poser.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Of what are you referring?

Have I got some wheels for you:

uploading now...............
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Finally my new wheels and tires are here and on the car.

OZ Ultraleggera HLT Wheels 10x19 et32 in Bright Silver with 275/30-19 Michelin PS2.

Not the best pictures but you get the idea.

I am quite pleased with the fitment and they feel great. They are 10.6 lbs lighter per wheel and tire and the car feels much more responsive and certainly is lighter on its feet.
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Very nice JRS. Good luck with them. How's your speedometer reading? Mine seems slightly of. I appear to be going slower than the speedometer shows. I am going check it against the GPS since it could be my imagination. But the overall diameter is slightly less than stock. So the speedometer reading will be slightly higher. However I never thought it would be noticeable. My GPS speed always showed about 2mph more than my speedometer with stock diameter wheels. So I will take this into consideration when comparing the 2. What have you observed with yours? I guess no matter what, the 275 30-19's sure look good all around.

Thanks Elevens -- Using this calculator http://www.venommotorsports.com/libr...calculator.asp which by the way is whacked for Tire & Wheel Inboard and Outboard increase saying 1.223 and 1.066 inches respectively (Not) says Speedometer Error% is -2 and that for an old actual speed of 70 the new actual speed is 69 with Engine RPMs of 2324 and 2372 which seems about right to me.
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Thumbs up

Excellent choice!

What's the weight per wheel/tire? My 18" stock wheels/tires are 54lbs per.
    My 19 x 8.5 et25 hartmann s5 replicas with tires are 50lbs per.

23.6 lbs for the wheels and 24 lbs for the tires -- total would be 47.6 lbs.

When I weighed them I had a plastic bucket in place to keep them on the bathroom style scale and the total read 61.2 lbs for the stock wheels with winter tires and 50.6 for my new wheels and tires -- difference is 10.6 lbs per wheel/tire. 3 lbs for the bucket sounds almost right (it style had a cloth or something in it). Somewhere I recall someone saying their stock set was 58 lbs.

They are noticably much lighter than stock when handling and mounting.
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Ok, full disclosure, my weights come from my kids' sesame street bathroom scale i pulled out of the 'donate' pile :o)
    So my absolute numbers may be distorted by the snuffleupagus effect.

But my relative numbers show 8 - 10% less unsprung weight.
    Your combo is a whopping 23% lighter than stock!

Very very nice, I have same wheels on my VW and Ive been wanting to see pictures of them on the Audi.. you got any full side shots of your car with the new shoes?
    Ryan - Audi RS6 - VW GTI 3.0L VR6T
    hostap.net - webhosting

Very nice wheels.

I wish I hadn't a seen this....

Guess I will have to wait 4 years for those....

What is the plan with the Calipers?????
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

The first picture was actually taken last just after leaving the car wash and the next two were taken earlier in the day just after taking the car for a test run to make sure all was well and it was a bit dirty at the time. I still need to get a full side shot but the first day also was extremely bright with bad shadows and no diffused lighting. I just could not get any good pictures so I gave up. Yesterday was overcast and dull all day with no shadows and not enough light so I didn’t even try.

I have no plans on the calipers. My targets are drivability/performance/aesthetics essentially in that order. I started with doing EBC Redstuff (car had new calipers so I wanted them to last), SS Brake Lines, and Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid. They were mostly just dirty and the lighting was bad which makes them look even worse yet. Yes they probably could use new stickers someday but not a priority so far, especially since they stay clean only for a few miles before getting covered in dust again even with the EBCs.

The funny thing is as soon as I got back near home and pulled into the gas station a guy pull up at the next pump in a Corvette Convertible and his first question after complimenting my wheels and tires was where did I get my aftermarket rotors. After the car wash he pulled up again and asked more questions about the car and commented on the note of the exhaust. Where am I headed with this? The funny thing about these cars is that photos do not even come close to doing them justice from what I have seen especially in Avus Silver. The car is a sleeper except to those in the know and that is just how I like it. Yes I want it to look good but it will get dirty as soon as I drive and enjoy it and that is really what I want to do. I remember a former Manager had an NSX and it was essentially a trophy car with 256 miles on it. He would start it once a week and run it for thirty minutes but would not even drive it around the block. To me that seemed like such a waste, I want to drive my cars and inevitably that means they will get dirty. Heck I can’t even drive a couple blocks with out killing a bunch of bugs right now. Add to that all the pollen in the air and it is downright filthy out as my other two cars that have to sit outside are a testament to daily.

My next priorities in order will be: get my winter wheels and tires out of Pat’s garage and re-torque my new lug nuts (today). Get an alignment this week (car tracks straight and winter tire wear looks good but I do not want to wear out my PS2s because I did not address this), clear corners mod and clean up freshly painted front bumper, trim air duct for Wagner IC on passengers side for better fit, polish headlights, and get a clear bra, upgrade Fuel Regulator to 5 bar, and then LED Tail Lights.

2003 RS6 Avus Silver, Warm Weather Package, Carbon Interior, NAV, SE Exhaust w/o Silencers, GIAC ECU/TCU, EBC Reds, ECS SS Brake Lines, Motul RBF600 BF, Forge DVs, Wagner ICs, Venair IC Hoses with HD T-Bolt Clamps, Hotchkis ARBs, OZ Ultraleggera HLT 10x19, Michelin P275/30/19 PS2s, and Rad Wheel Locks.
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Drivers Side View:

2003 RS6 Avus Silver

+1 for the clear bra! im having a place in richmond do mine the day i get it back from richmond audi.
    Last edited by JSRS6; May 31st, 2010 at 17:39. Reason: spelling
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

here are some pics from twenties..lets dance...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FGT10_22..jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	9892   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RSQ-FJT-2010-082..JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	9893  
    mfg
    Daniel

RS6plus -- blue pack -- h&r suspension -- 20" rs6 c6 wheels -- fully loaded and wagner cooled !

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    here are some pics from twenties..lets dance...
    Wow sharp! I just saw the Ceramics on ebay.de for only 14K Euro a little (make that a lot) richer than my blood. They do look great on your car though....
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver