Thread: need cheap source for replacement jack

need cheap source for replacement jack

mine broke while changing my tire. don't want to pay the undoubtably ridiculous amount audi probably wants. Hmm. Maybe trip to junkyard? are all the audi jacks the same?

Did you try ebay? I know they're the same for all of the A6's. You mean to tell me you used that pile of dung and you actually desire another one? Those things are incredibly dangerous.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

The part number is 4b3 011 031 b, http://www.genuinevwaudiparts.com/pa...&siteid=214407 shows $110.88. Too much for that thing.
    This place in Phoenix http://www.aaarichierichautoparts.com/ has a used jack/tool kit (stock number L-389), but they want $150. Nuts.
    Last edited by V8weight; July 18th, 2010 at 04:02.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Euro's weak, $67 @ http://eshop.original-teile.de/index...ram=4b3011031b (plus lots of other OEM parts, cheaper than genuinevwaudi!)
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Did you try ebay? I know they're the same for all of the A6's. You mean to tell me you used that pile of dung and you actually desire another one? Those things are incredibly dangerous.
    what do you suggest? whatever it is, it needs to fit in the oem spot.

Quote Originally Posted by peiserg View Post
    what do you suggest? whatever it is, it needs to fit in the oem spot.
    my GF has a 2005 VW Golf , the jack works a treat on the RS6 and fits in the slot...no pun intended!
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

$39.99 on eBay. Dozens of them there. I just went through this. PoS jacks! This is a lawsuit waiting to happen. Car was on the slightest of declines and rolled forward off the jack. Nearly landed on my foot when it did. WTF? You'd think Audi could make a decent jack!

CW