Thread: Fan whine/siren noise on engine start up

Fan whine/siren noise on engine start up

Does everyone have a whine noise that sounds like a jet engine taking off a few seconds after starting the engine? Sounds kind of like a quiet tornado siren. I am pretty it is part of the fans/AC as it is not RPM sensitive and doesn't do it if I have the fans turned off. Well lately, it has been going on and off and it sounds like where it is a ambulance is coming. The whine last for a few seconds and increases in pitch, then it stop for a 1/2 second, and starts all over. It does this for about 10 minutes after driving and doesn't stop.

Any idea?

Thanks,
    Chris
    '03 Audi RS6 | 034 Motorsports Stage 2 ECU + TCU | PSS9 Coil over shocks/springs | Hotchkis sway bars | Milltek exhaust systems/downpipes/cats | Hyperboost DV | Venair hoses | 034 Snub mount | 034 Density control arms

It reminds me of preflight as a jet is preparing to take off.
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

So?

Do you know what is the whine? fans?

Do you have the problem on hot days where it keeps starting over and over? Sounds like a pre-flight noise over and over.
    '03 Audi RS6 | 034 Motorsports Stage 2 ECU + TCU | PSS9 Coil over shocks/springs | Hotchkis sway bars | Milltek exhaust systems/downpipes/cats | Hyperboost DV | Venair hoses | 034 Snub mount | 034 Density control arms

It almost sounds like the secondary air pump or something pressurizing...
    Mine lasts about 1-2 minutes and then spools off/shuts down...
    You can def tell when it is running as it sounds like one of the roller is in need of some grease...

I do hear it at other times, it will re-pressurize...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared