Thread: 2003 RS6 Floor Mats and Trunk Liner

2003 RS6 Floor Mats and Trunk Liner

I know there is a fair bit of talk on the forums about floor mats. I'm a big fan of the clean durable look of the weathertech liners. Any other suggestions?

That's not the reason i started this post. I hate to start a new post on such a minor subject, but i can't seem to find what i'm looking for. I'm 99.9% certain that traveling through the back-log of posts someone mentioned something about buying a trunk liner for a A6? maybe and cutting out the hole for the rs6 battery? am i crazy? I cant seem to find it.

Exactly, you have to buy the A6 trunk mat and cut it to clear the battery compartment. I run the factory Audi winter mats. The fitment is for the A6 4.2, you just have to buy the ones without the logo. I prefer these over the weather tech mats personally. I work on cars every day, and from what I've seen in customer cars, the weather tech mats don't seem to hold up to extended use.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Speak of the devil!!!!

While searching ETKA, I stumbled upon a part number for the all weather mats and so the story goes....

"A reply has been sent.

To view your reply, Goto http://genuinevwaudiparts.com and login, then Click on "Your Account", then "Messages".
    Username: bmw916@gmail.com
    ===================================================================
    Hi Benjamin. These will not fit properly. Audi lists the monster mats part number of ZAW179005BLK for the 2003 RS6. This is a set of four rubber mats. our price 101.48. They only come in black. Ingrid"

do you, Pat, have a part number for the A6 trunk mat?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

are the interior dimensions of the 03 rs6 identical to the a6?

Quote Originally Posted by pierson View Post
    are the interior dimensions of the 03 rs6 identical to the a6?
    I understand that the A6 4.2 interior has the same transmission hump/bulge as the RS6, so if you are looking at the mats, you should look for the A6 4.2 model's mats (assuming RS6 mats are not available)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

I was under the impression the transmission tunnel was larger on the RS6, and the mats don't fit.
    E60 M5, killed, 2002 Viper killed, what is next!?

I currently use a set of A6 4.2L rubber mats. The rears fit perfect, used a heat gun to "help" the fronts lay a little better so yes they do fit.
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by pierson View Post
    I'm 99.9% certain that traveling through the back-log of posts someone mentioned something about buying a trunk liner for a A6? maybe and cutting out the hole for the rs6 battery? am i crazy? I cant seem to find it.
    I have an S6 liner in mine, cut to fit
    E60 M5, killed, 2002 Viper killed, what is next!?

I emailed Ingrid at genuinevwaudiparts about ZAW179005BLK for a photo and/or fitment.... waiting....

Guys, your making this way too hard The correct part number is ZAW179005BLK, which is the A6 4.2 fitment without logo. I actually run these year round, and they fit like a sock on a rooster. I'll have you know that Rachel, the girl who HAS actually burned chicken noodle soup bought my mats for me with no trouble finding the correct fitment
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

http://www.hoica.de/

Or get ones that are much nicer (and more $$) than OE.... I got black carpeted ones with a nice RS stiched logo.
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon