Thread: New in the Circuit

New in the Circuit

Hello, I am Carlos. Long Story Shooooort! I am a Nuclear Medicine Technologist and in 11/2005 on my way to work, an individual ran over a STOP sign and almost kill me. I decided to go in my motorcycle to work that day and thanks to my helmet and a Doctor driving behind me that day, I am alive, but..., I am permanently in a wheelchair, paraplegic. The reason I end-up with an RS6 is because 8 months before my accident, I was working part-time in a Car Dealership and a customer trade in 5 cars, and one of them was a 2002 Audi A4 1.8T with the sport/winter/touring packages and an impressive 3800 miles only!. So by working there I got a super deal and bought it for my wife. At the time a was into Honda and had an Accord V6 6 speed with a lot of toys, but then I started having respect to the Audi family until present. NOW, I am going to do some little modification beside the wing and front lip spoiler I did already. I am going to upgrade the wheels I got (BBS CH 18 with Michelin PS2's) and also, because I am new to this, engine wise I am going to start with replacing the diverter valves with APR R1's (already ordered) and with maybe there's ecu 4 programs package and exhaust. But I would like the opinion of people like you that have more time with this toy. Well, that's enough for now. let me know Pals. Carlos alias Rhino315.

welcome to the forum!

We all have a little Honda in our blood...
    do you have photos of your RS6?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

The APR R1 valves honk like a goose. Multiple of us have had this issue and tried to get APR to correct the issue to no avail. I eventually replaced with the Stratmosphere Hyperboost valves and the honk is gone. I have the APR tune and very happy with the performance and being able to switch between the various maps.

By the way- Welcome aboard the

210K miles rolled

Welcome to the board, Carlos! I myself have had 5 Honda cars, loved them. Now I only want the Beast in my driveway! Good luck on the MOD journey. I too have the APR R1's and they sound like cows mooing during initial boost.
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

Welcome Carlos.

Somebody will try to school me I'm sure, but I don't think the diverter valves are a weak point... The stock design holds boost just fine and is more responsive than a piston... guys who need piston valves are running 20+ psi of boost, something our cars will never do. Plus piston valves need to be disassembled and cleaned from time to time, a needless PITA IMO.

Stock valves do wear out, as it's a rubber diaphragm that fatigues over time. I replaced mine (original) as a matter of maintenance with Bosch Sport 110's. But after 7 years the stock valves actually looked just fine.

Yep,

I was lashed for wanting to stick with stock intercoolers. Those junk stock intercoolers.

Guess what? There is nothing wrong with stock diverter valves either.

I got my storm suit on and ready.

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    Welcome Carlos.

Somebody will try to school me I'm sure, but I don't think the diverter valves are a weak point... The stock design holds boost just fine and is more responsive than a piston... guys who need piston valves are running 20+ psi of boost, something our cars will never do. Plus piston valves need to be disassembled and cleaned from time to time, a needless PITA IMO.

Stock valves do wear out, as it's a rubber diaphragm that fatigues over time. I replaced mine (original) as a matter of maintenance with Bosch Sport 110's. But after 7 years the stock valves actually looked just fine.

Carlos

Do you have a A4 or RS6?

Yes. I have some photos, but, I want to retake them better to post them in a couple of weeks.

As I noticed, are you in the US Virgin Islands ?, which one ? I used to be in charge of the Nuclear Medicine Department in the St. Thomas Hospital between June 1992 until around October 1993. Also I noticed you did your calipers, could you tell me how you did it and how you got the RS logo put or made. Feel free to call me at home at 414-304-8693 or my cell at 414-688-5952. Thanks

Hi Carlos and welcome to the forum.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Carlos

Do you have a A4 or RS6?
    I have both. My wife drives the A4 1.8T with sport package and I have the 2003 RS6.

Hi Snoopra:

I talked to you and I am still waiting for an answer. I just put 19 Achtuning whees 209's with Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Tyres, APR R1's diverter valves. I want to know if you know about the lowering springs that H & R offer for our car that will lower the car 1.4" on the front and 1.0" on the rear, and if the clearance that has is enough and safe for the 19" I just put. Let me know. I hope I can talk to you soon, as I told you, I use to live in St. Thomas back in 1992.