Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The RS600/6M is now in good hands...

Is it true that the car is now missing many of the Sportec add-ons except for the 6 speed?

The 6-speed wasn't a Sportec add-on at all. MTM did the conversion.

The turbos and intercoolers are definitely not stock. I'm not sure about the other components of the Sportec RS600 kit, such as the head work, cams, etc.

I won't disclose how much I paid, but it was less than what the car sold for at the MN auction.

It's an absolute blast to drive and I'm looking forward to making it faster! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Is it true that the car is now missing many of the Sportec add-ons except for the 6 speed?

How about some detailed pics? undercarriage? turbos?
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

Another question, how's the battery installed? Pics...pics...pics!
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

Garsh ....I hope you DON'T try to register it...the Feds WILL certainly find where this car is and take it away from you.

(I work for the US Dept of the Interior and know for a fact that the fine folks at the US Dept of Transportation now knows about this car from its very publicized recent history and dubious sale at auction)
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Garsh ....I hope you DON'T try to register it...the Feds WILL certainly find where this car is and take it away from you.

(I work for the US Dept of the Interior and know for a fact that the fine folks at the US Dept of Transportation now knows about this car from its very publicized recent history and dubious sale at auction)
    Isn't this car the 'other' one, not the one that showed up at auction in Minn? He said that in the middle of this thread somewhere.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    Isn't this car the 'other' one, not the one that showed up at auction in Minn? He said that in the middle of this thread somewhere.
    Nah, this is the same one in Wis that the window washer guy purchased for $45k...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Nah, this is the same one in Wis that the window washer guy purchased for $45k...
    Oh ok.

Hmmmm... First future RS6 barn find in 2050.

Although hasn't the 2003 year now been allowed to be imported at this point without all the federalizing BS. Seems maybe there would be a way to say it just showed up from Europe?
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    Oh ok.

Hmmmm... First future RS6 barn find in 2050.

Although hasn't the 2003 year now been allowed to be imported at this point without all the federalizing BS. Seems maybe there would be a way to say it just showed up from Europe?
    This car is a 2004 though.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    This car is a 2004 though.
    That and the missing VIN under the windshield and on the firewall and doors..... There is the "new" VIN pop riveted to the shock tower. I wonder what the VAG scan would show for the VIN????

Battery is where the spare tire goes.
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Quote Originally Posted by JRS-RS6 View Post
    That and the missing VIN under the windshield and on the firewall and doors..... There is the "new" VIN pop riveted to the shock tower. I wonder what the VAG scan would show for the VIN????

Battery is where the spare tire goes.
    I wondered about the vin coding in the ecu as well. And don't forget, pop rivets are cheap, nothing but the best homemade self adhesive vin tag for that car.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Me no touch that car with a ten foot pole.

She is the lady in black and nothing but trouble.

Hopefully the RS600 is out shocking sports cars on the East Coast. According to Quattro Quarterly, she's still in MN. Damn - magazines are sooo last last year. See a scan from the member photos section.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QQ RS600..jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	10049
    03 RS6 Avus, 80 Modena Spyder, 93 Porsche 964 Cab, 11 Toyota Sienna SE, 95 John Deere 345 w/42" snow blower

Any updates? I thought I saw somewhere in the forum that he was interested in passing this on to someone else?

Nope, no updates. The car has just been sitting in my shop collecting dust. It's looking for a new home.

Quote Originally Posted by 1sadavant View Post
    Any updates? I thought I saw somewhere in the forum that he was interested in passing this on to someone else?

wow, I was early by two weeks or I would of snatched it up.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

I'm gonna be selling it cheap soon. I want a C6 RS6.

Quote Originally Posted by 10SecS4 View Post
    Nope, no updates. The car has just been sitting in my shop collecting dust. It's looking for a new home.
    Interesting, were you able to get the specs on the waste gate springs? I think you mentioned you wanted to try running more boost than the 14psi but this was the limiting factor. Also, what turbos, dp/exhaust setup is this running? Just modified Rs6's? Have you done anything to it yet?

Any chance you have put together some pictures. Not the fast food parking lot.