Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Its true! The R8 GT

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/25..._supercar.html

Audi has – at long last – revealed its hardcore R8 supercar.

Tougher R8s have been spotted in testing for sometime, with all sorts of rumours about Clubsport names and rear-wheel drive. Neither are true. The Audi R8 GT retains the Quattro all-wheel-drive system of its V10 donor car, though with a 15/85 front/rear power distribution, and the standard R8’s penchant for sliding, that’s perhaps not as disappointing as it may sound.

The GT’s main focus is on more power and less weight. The 5.2-litre V10’s output is upped to 552bhp and 398lb ft. Essentially the same unit as the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4, then. It’ll hustle the 1525kg GT to 62mph in 3.6sec and 124mph in 10.8sec; top speed is 199mph. Audi’s six-speed R tronic sequential manual gearbox is standard.

That kerb weight is 100kg less than a standard Audi R8 V10, those savings the result of some obsessive work in all areas of the car. The windscreen is made of thinner glass, the rear windows are polycarbonate, the carbon rear wing is fixed rather than adjustable, and the rear bumper, rear hatch and the sideblades are all made of carbonfibre reinforced plastic. There are even thinner carpets, which cut 8kg.

The GT boasts more downforce than a regular R8, despite achieving the same slippery 0.36Cd drag coefficient.

Carbon ceramic brakes are fitted as standard, and come shrouded in 19in forged alloy wheels. You can specify ‘Cup’ tyres, as well as an excellent-sounding Race Package. This consists of a type-approval roll cage, four-point seatbelts and a kill switch and fire extinguisher. It’s no coincidence that the ESP also boasts a special tune, and can be completely deactivated…

The R8 GT will cost 193,000 euros in Europe, but thanks to lower pricing in the UK, expect to pay £140-150,000 for one on our shores. That will help it undercut its closer-than-ever cousin at Lamborghini.

Maybe I could get used to it.... might take awhile
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

The gulf oil theme is a good idea, sadly though, it is poorly executed IMHO.

Saludos.

Eat. Breathe. Drive.

^^^ nice catch^^^
    Ron Paul Fan

Can't stop thinking about Daft Punk.

In latest issue of Auto Zeitung is test of R8 GT. BUT... Clutch of that example of R8 GT get fried after only one acceleration run. This is the second R8 GT that broke down in hands of German car press.

It's so funny that we always concentrate on English speaking reviews when there is so many better ones out there that we probably can't be aware of..
    Enjoy!

RGT GT Test drive at the Ring

I was lucky enough to be invited by Audi to the R8GT track day a couple of months ago at the Nurburgring, great car and very much more track focused than my Spyder, i have opted for the Samoa orange with black and orange interior as the one shown in my videos, also a clip of me doing the slalom in the GT enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa0wS...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRDJz...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPn4n...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tpf5...layer_embedded

Nice videos. Thanks! Looked wet!
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

nice vid. looks like a fleet of alien ships ready to invade the earth.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Hi Erik & R8BG, yes, it was more than wet, it was hail stoning ice, made for a very interesting day! What a car, I can’t express the difference of handling and performance compared to the V8/V10, this car is too good for words, take care, Colin

Quote Originally Posted by monkey boy uk View Post
    What a car, I can’t express the difference of handling and performance compared to the V8/V10, this car is too good for words, take care, Colin
    For real? And here we were thinking the R8 V10 was already plenty great! Wow, that is truely impressive!

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan