Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Its true! The R8 GT

the "GT" question is a valid one. since the S is now the upper crust A, and the RS is equivalent to the M and AMG, the GT could mean the introduction of the CSL and black series equivalent for Audi. and that is fine by me. my only reuqest is that they make these cars daily drivable and available for US consumption- it only makes them even more relevant. how relevant is a CSL that can't be sold in the US? a market that is falling through BMW's fingers every day...
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by tvrfan View Post
    but wouldnt you like to see a new range of a letter called maybe "GT" in cars like RS5? lesser weight, more hardcore and more power? like bmw did with m3 gts?. i dont like bmw. iam an audi guy.
    I'd like to see it yes. But I don't think it's very realistic or logical for audi to do so.
    At least not with the letters GT for the whole RS range.

As for lightweight more hardcore audi's i'm sure there'd be people to buy them. But how many people would prefer a 4WD car over RWD for a track oriented car.
    Also an RS5+/GT/clubsport or whatever they'd call it i'd understand. But an RS6 or TTRS?

A very limited market and not really Audi's market to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    the "GT" question is a valid one. since the S is now the upper crust A, and the RS is equivalent to the M and AMG, the GT could mean the introduction of the CSL and black series equivalent for Audi. and that is fine by me. my only reuqest is that they make these cars daily drivable and available for US consumption- it only makes them even more relevant. how relevant is a CSL that can't be sold in the US? a market that is falling through BMW's fingers every day...
    How relevant is the CSL in general. Lets say they make 500 cars and can sell all outside the US market.
    What would be added by making the car suitable for the US market(extra developement costs) and sell for example a hundred of those in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Phage View Post
    How relevant is the CSL in general. Lets say they make 500 cars and can sell all outside the US market.
    What would be added by making the car suitable for the US market(extra developement costs) and sell for example a hundred of those in the US.
    that is a very good point. but make it saleable all over could allow them to make 100 units instead of 333. i am sure they'd sell them easily. and remember- it draws a press crowd, visibility, and brings people into the showroom for the "lesser" cars....

audi isn't planning to sell many TT RS's in the US but it will be coming. and will push TTs sales quite a bit. i am sure of it.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

ALSO- how do i get that ECU update on the V10!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post

will be expensive. but less then the lambo.
    What can I say, simply awesome...
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Nice find! What colour is that one? It looks like matte white?
    Last edited by LittleDevil; May 5th, 2010 at 21:55.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDevil View Post
    Nice find! What colour is that one? It looks like matte white?
    Sure does... almost looks like Suzuka Grey with matte clear coat.
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Samoa Orange Metallic

Nice! Some more pics?

what an absolutely wicked car. can't wait to see the test numbers on it. probably will cost 180K USD- or as much as the original gayardo. what a steal imo.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

WOW!

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/25..._supercar.html

EVO NEWS CAR REVIEWS DATA VIDEOS FEATURES USED CARS BUYING GUIDES TRACKDAYS COMMUNITY WIN 3 ISSUES FOR £1 SHOP REGISTER LOGIN Search evo Free Newsletter News: evo News
    Hardcore Audi R8 supercar
    The hardcore Audi R8 GT finally appears. 552bhp Lambo power, but it's not rear-wheel drive
    By Stephen Dobie01st May 2010
    Audi has – at long last – revealed its hardcore R8 supercar.

Tougher R8s have been spotted in testing for sometime, with all sorts of rumours about Clubsport names and rear-wheel drive. Neither are true. The Audi R8 GT retains the Quattro all-wheel-drive system of its V10 donor car, though with a 15/85 front/rear power distribution, and the standard R8’s penchant for sliding, that’s perhaps not as disappointing as it may sound.

The GT’s main focus is on more power and less weight. The 5.2-litre V10’s output is upped to 552bhp and 398lb ft. Essentially the same unit as the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4, then. It’ll hustle the 1525kg GT to 62mph in 3.6sec and 124mph in 10.8sec; top speed is 199mph. Audi’s six-speed R tronic sequential manual gearbox is standard.

That kerb weight is 100kg less than a standard Audi R8 V10, those savings the result of some obsessive work in all areas of the car. The windscreen is made of thinner glass, the rear windows are polycarbonate, the carbon rear wing is fixed rather than adjustable, and the rear bumper, rear hatch and the sideblades are all made of carbonfibre reinforced plastic. There are even thinner carpets, which cut 8kg.

The GT boasts more downforce than a regular R8, despite achieving the same slippery 0.36Cd drag coefficient.

Carbon ceramic brakes are fitted as standard, and come shrouded in 19in forged alloy wheels. You can specify ‘Cup’ tyres, as well as an excellent-sounding Race Package. This consists of a type-approval roll cage, four-point seatbelts and a kill switch and fire extinguisher. It’s no coincidence that the ESP also boasts a special tune, and can be completely deactivated…

The R8 GT will cost 193,000 euros in Europe, but thanks to lower pricing in the UK, expect to pay £140-150,000 for one on our shores. That will help it undercut its closer-than-ever cousin at Lamborghini.