Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Installed Venair hoses and stainless t-bolt clamps.

Ask for Joel Cloutier -- Tel: 305-362-8920

Venair was a pleasure to deal with. Also if someone wants to send them a set of the hoses that run from the air plenum to the DVs they can make those too. They just need a set to copy. I spoke with Nick about this and he said he does custom stuff all the time.

http://tuningvenair.us/
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Quote Originally Posted by snoopra View Post
    http://www.tuningvenair.com/silicone_hoses/oferta/685
    ------ $242.72, but if you're not in a rush they have sales from time to time.
    Thanks, they have a "spring kit sale", picked up a set for $215 delivered ..
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa

Bump for Ben........
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

did you get my photo?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

I'm personally not a fan of T-bolt clamps. They are a pain in the ass to get on and off, and at least on my Skyline, they've popped off under boost. Wrenching that nut, versus just slipping a screwdriver down into the recesses...on problem pipes, I've just lengthened the silicone connector and doubled up on the traditional clamps.
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

I actually think, with an extension on a ratchet the t clamps were easier, able to TQ up the nut a lot quicker then a traditional slotted screwdriver, but I now use constant TQ clamps anyway.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

I just installed a couple of T-bolt clamps on my old upper intercooler hoses These are about twice a wide as the Stock clamps and using a Rachet Torques up much easier than a screwdriver. Believe you me these hoses aren't blowing of any time soon, if any at all.
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

Thanks for the great thread all, just ordered the hoses and t-bolt clamps, very nice having the measurements there!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

FWIW, I went back to OEM worm-gear clamps on my lower intercooler hoses (on the intercooler side), and retained the T-bolt clamps for the lower hard-pipe side. I got tired of having to reseat them after every few times of getting on the boost. Last time, both slipped out from under the clamp, and so just went back to the old ones. I really wish those two lower hoses were just a 5 mm longer. Maybe I just didn't figure out the trick to getting those two locations to seat properly. I tried everything- degreasing the hoses inside and out, the flange, hairspray on the surface; nothing worked for me. I got sick of crawling under the car every week.

I would keep the old hoses and clamps as spares if I were you.

You don't need a screwdriver for the OEM clamps, btw, since they are hex-heads with a flathead slot. I just used a short ratchet and tightened them as much as possible without cutting into the hose. One of them completely snapped in half, too, so you can generate a lot more torque than a screwdriver.
    Last edited by Spidercat; October 21st, 2011 at 20:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercat View Post
    FWIW, I went back to OEM worm-gear clamps on my lower intercooler hoses (on the intercooler side), and retained the T-bolt clamps for the lower hard-pipe side. I got tired of having to reseat them after every few times of getting on the boost. Last time, both slipped out from under the clamp, and so just went back to the old ones. I really wish those two lower hoses were just a 5 mm longer. Maybe I just didn't figure out the trick to getting those two locations to seat properly. I tried everything- degreasing the hoses inside and out, the flange, hairspray on the surface; nothing worked for me. I got sick of crawling under the car every week.

I would keep the old hoses and clamps as spares if I were you.

You don't need a screwdriver for the OEM clamps, btw, since they are hex-heads with a flathead slot. I just used a short ratchet and tightened them as much as possible without cutting into the hose. One of them completely snapped in half, too, so you can generate a lot more torque than a screwdriver.
    You aren't alone. I tried everything as well, and eventually got tired of it and went to hd worm gear clamps in that location. Been holding tight ever since! All others are t-bolts though.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    I know this isn't very exciting, but the point of this thread is to recommend upgrading to these hoses if you're running at increased boost levels or have a higher mileage car. I also recommend switching to the better t-bolt clamps at the same time. If you want to buy the clamps you will need 2x 2.5", 4x 2.75", and 6x 3.25". It's a pretty easy upgrade, although the two upper intercooler to front charge pipe hoses aren't for the faint of heart. You should really have the bumper and headlamps removed, but it's still doable without any major assembly.

]
    I ordered the clamps in the exact sizing you specified, my mechanic said the size and quantity per size was not going to work at all. Sounds like the sizes might be ok, but the quantities associated are off, had to send them back and use standard clamps...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Crap, I can now see in your pic it is 4 of the 2.5's...my mech made it sound like there were more missing than that...

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Crap, I can now see in your pic it is 4 of the 2.5's...my mech made it sound like there were more missing than that...
    I was doing two cars at the same time, so the quantity in the picture is irrelevant.....The sizes and quantitys that I l listed in my original post are what I used on two RS6's...should I draw your mechanic a picture?
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Hi pat. How the he'll are ya?
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    I was doing two cars at the same time, so the quantity in the picture is irrelevant.....The sizes and quantitys that I l listed in my original post are what I used on two RS6's...should I draw your mechanic a picture?
    Um, if you used that many clamps on TWO cars it would be nice to know when you're offering up information to a forum, maybe I missed it? Maybe they sent the wrong size, but the packing slip was correct. My mech had both IC's out to attach the new hoses, said there were not enough clamps of the correct size to cover everything, so I would image it would be easy to tell if they would fit or not. Luckily the company was nice enough to take a return on all the unused clamps. Standard ones are holding well, but I'm only up a few pounds of boost over stock.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Um, if you used that many clamps on TWO cars it would be nice to know when you're offering up information to a forum, maybe I missed it? Maybe they sent the wrong size, but the packing slip was correct. My mech had both IC's out to attach the new hoses, said there were not enough clamps of the correct size to cover everything, so I would image it would be easy to tell if they would fit or not. Luckily the company was nice enough to take a return on all the unused clamps. Standard ones are holding well, but I'm only up a few pounds of boost over stock.
    I guess I don't fully understand your confusion? Yes, I installed venair hoses and t-bolt clamps on two cars....the quantitys and sizes that I listed in my original post were correct for one car...the picture however was just a pile of clamps..

Thanks for clarifying. I just assumed the stack of clamps was going to match your list. Wish I had a chance to look at the IC hoses and clamps myself, ah well, if the standard ones keep holding all is well. The Venair hoses really look to be tough and top quality, fitment was great. 5 layers of material in the hoses, very strong, and flexible!

Hi folks - after a custom tune I am blowing the hoses off pretty regularly and just ordered the clamps from McMasters and the hose kit from Venair for 228.00 - working on a rather small screen and was hoping someone coudl clarify that the 6 hose kit includes the intercooler hoses?

Thanks much!
    RSN-E, V1 wADR, Hotchkiss Sports, KW V3's, EBC Red's, MTM TCU, Custom ECU Tune (with a fix by Nubcake), Catless Downpipes , L10 TC, BBS-CHR's, Venair Hoses, Hella Smoke, Apikol Trans/RrDiff Mnts, SR Hybrid Turbos, Waste Gates, Intercoolers, 750cc injectors.