Thread: Blinker Not Blinking

Blinker Not Blinking

The light comes on but doesn't blink. All bulbs appear to be functional; no error messages on the dash. I did a search here (gotta keep clear of DHall's rath) and found a thread that said the relay is tied to (and is behind) the four ways, but the four ways function just fine. Thoughts please and thanks.

W>
    2003 RS6 Mugello Blue - mods? Whatever Ben does....

Quote Originally Posted by Born2be View Post
    The light comes on but doesn't blink. All bulbs appear to be functional; no error messages on the dash. I did a search here (gotta keep clear of DHall's rath) and found a thread that said the relay is tied to (and is behind) the four ways, but the four ways function just fine. Thoughts please and thanks.

W>
    Don't quote me but I seem to remember something about the relay behind the emergency flasher...
    Anyone confirm that????
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

The hard part is getting that trim piece off without breaking any of the 6 tabs...

edit:
    part number for genuinevwaudiparts is 4B0-941-509-K-B98 (copied from ebay listing above)
    Ross, they are local to SD - miramar vw/audi but they will NOT do a will call pickup...
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

So even though the emergency flashers work you still think it might be this? Having said that, I guess there's one way to find out, huh? Thanks guys.

W>

Its a common failure for C5s...try replacing the whole emergency flasher button unit.

Yes, seems odd but that will prolly fix it....
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Its a common failure for C5s...try replacing the whole emergency flasher button unit.

Totally forgot about this one but yep replacing the relay will fix it. I had this happen last year.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    part number for genuinevwaudiparts is 4B0-941-509-K-B98 (copied from ebay listing above)
    Ross, they are local to SD - miramar vw/audi but they will NOT do a will call pickup...
    That sux...could drive down and have the part in 15 minutes. Well, still save a couple bucks ordering from them vs. the ebay site. Thanks guys!

W>

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    Totally forgot about this one but yep replacing the relay will fix it. I had this happen last year.
    What did you use to remove the trim?

W>

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post

I had the same issue in my Passat the relay is part of the button. Replaced and fixed many moons ago. I think it is PN 4B0 941 509D per ETKA -- part comes up at genuinevwaudiparts as $0.00 -- free! Actual it says "Contact us".
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Damn Ben you're good!!!

Added to my "favorites" for future reference if needed.

Thanks!

W>

Damn Ben you're good!!!

Added to my "favorites" for future reference if needed.

Thanks!

W>
    Search is my friend...
    I was actually looking for the carbon fiber bellypan and can't find it!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

But there are some VERY interesting RS6 out there...

Did you get the e-blinker part ordered?

FYI -- From p3u: http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/17...l=1#post149504

NOTE!!!! Avoid the instruction on removing e brake cover, as it does not contain the proper information, as I found out the hard way by damaging the trim on this piece. I had the tech at the shop I went to remove it, it seemed difficult.

Also I hope none of you are running McAffee: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100421/...antivirus_flaw
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Did you get the e-blinker part ordered?
    Yup, from Genuine. Shipping cost $7.50, which for gas and including my time to drive down there (however less the chance to drive my beast somewhere) I figured was a push. Thanks!

W>

That's the ticket!

The trim came off surprisingly easily with no broken clips. Used a saran wrapped putty knife. Removing the relay unit flumoxed me for several minutes, but I ended up using a needle nose and gently wiggled and pulled it out okay. Pull the harness and replace with the new unit and, viola, or voila or however those damn frenchies say successs!

Thanks all!

W>

That's the ticket!

The trim came off surprisingly easily with no broken clips. Used a saran wrapped putty knife. Removing the relay unit flumoxed me for several minutes, but I ended up using a needle nose and gently wiggled and pulled it out okay. Pull the harness and replace with the new unit and, viola, or voila or however those damn frenchies say successs!

Thanks all!

W>
    You DID take photos for all us DIY's................

Dude...I did the fix from the pix on the link YOU posted!

W>