Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OEM Battery Alternatives?

Edit: Ooh, way too heavy though. PC1700 = 61lbs. PC925 = 26lbs. At that weight you may as well just install an oem battery.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Welcome back Ross! I figured you would be back before now, lol. Sorry to hear about the extra fee :-(. Didn't you fly back with the rest of us? Did you take leave upon arrival?

Need new battery

I just installed some aftermarket amps in my rs6 and I think that it killed the battery. The car was initially running fine but will now not start but can be jumped and will run but as soon as it is turned off, the car will not start again. My battery was last replaced in december of 2009 so I imagine that it is past its prime. It is typical for increase load on the battery to lead to sudden failure. I am not looking for replacements and want to stick with a large battery due to the extra load from the amps. Does anyone have the OEM part number for the RS6 battery because the one I find listed in ETKA 000915105DL is coming back as NLA when I do a search. In regards to aftermarket alternatives, I was considering odyssey or duralast that seem to be close to OEM size. Are OEM batteries typically considered better or worse than aftermarket when it comes to audi's.