Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Any new news on the RS3

Any new news on the RS3

Im in the market for a new car and would really love something smallish, two door and it must be turbocharged. Trying to find new info on the RS3 has proven futile, i would really love this car. I know there are some people with inside Audi info here so does anyone know any new developments on the RS3, my local dealer is useless

Thanks so much

cheers

No RS3 based on the 8P and doubtful for next Gen A3.
    Next Gen S3 can end up with the inline 5 turbo.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

whats this then?

New info released today?

Here are some more spy pics from VW Group testing over at the Nurburgring circuit, this time of a chassis test mule for an Audi RS3 dressed in an attention-grabbing orange.
    Differentiating this model from the current Audi A3 range are the larger air intakes on the modified front bumper, notes our spy photographer. The rest of it looks like an S3 Sportback body.
    What lies beneath that bonnet, though, is the real question. We've previously reported on the statement by an Audi dealer in Cape Town, South Africa who claimed that the Ingolstadt-based automaker will be fitting the RS3 with the same 2.5 liter, 5-cylinder turbocharged engine as in the TT RS model. That engine produces 340 PS (250 kW) and 450 Nm of torque.
    With competitors such as the Golf R (270 PS, 199 kW), Ford Focus RS (305 PS, 224 kW) and, of course, the BMW 135i that packs 306 PS (225 kW) into the compact 1-Series, Audi may just want to completely outdo the competition by offering an RS3 with more power and an all-wheel drive system - its storied Quattro technology.
    The Audi RS3 was no-show in Frankfurt after various reports. Hopefully, it will make its debut at the Paris motor show in September.

from worldcarfans.com

So what is this is it coming or what cos i really want to place an order.

The thing is would it not be camoflaged if it was a new/upcoming model???

We've previously reported on the statement by an Audi dealer in Cape Town, South Africa who claimed that the Ingolstadt-based automaker will be fitting the RS3 with the same 2.5 liter, 5-cylinder turbocharged engine as in the TT RS model. That engine produces 340 PS (250 kW) and 450 Nm of torque.
    I (all of us during a marketing presentation) was told the same by an audi official at the quattro driving experience in Norway in march.

then again, he claimed the C6 RS6 engine was 5.2TT........

bmw is ready to unveil rs3 challenger,the M1

what about this audi (r)s3 spotted @ ring?

If this thing came out - I'd definitely be interested. Love the Sportback lines and a good combo of sporty and roomy. With the TTRS engine it would be a peach. But given new A3 will be out next year - I wonder what pricedrops would be like. No fun buying a new RS and have it instantly unmodern when the new platform comes out...
    Audi RS4
    "The ringmaster"

BMW M coupe
    "Itīs a lot like nothing else"

AMS says will be unveiled at Paris autoshow...which is the truth? no rs3 for current generation as we already know or there is something new and audi's chiefs have given green light?

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/n...n-1092399.html

Current platform RS3 definitely appearing at Paris in September. The problem is that its price is very close to that of the S4. Of course, it provides monstrous performance in a lighter chassis, but as others say, prices will suffer when new A3 arrives next year.

Quote Originally Posted by tailpipe View Post
    Current platform RS3 definitely appearing at Paris in September. The problem is that its price is very close to that of the S4. Of course, it provides monstrous performance in a lighter chassis, but as others say, prices will suffer when new A3 arrives next year.
    thanks.maybe they have decided after seen the new bmw 1 M1

maybe - last week i was in Neckarsulm and saw 2 of the "new RS3" - in Black - also with the rear black rims, standing in front of the Quattro GmbH ...

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroCool View Post
    maybe - last week i was in Neckarsulm and saw 2 of the "new RS3" - in Black - also with the rear black rims, standing in front of the Quattro GmbH ...
    I hope we will have soon the press-release...

LeftLaneNews seems to have got it's facts a bit mixed up. The RS3 is based on current A3 platform and will be a 2011 model. This is not the new A3 on the 2012 MQB platform. They also report that basic new A3 arrives this Autumn. I think that it isn't due until next year, in March at Geneva? Anyone know more on this.

As much as I like the idea of an RS3 on the current platform, I am very much looking forward to the next one. It would be nice if it had a tad more rear legroom, a better riding chassis, and sharper styling. Whatever it offers, I hope ot makes up for the somewhat disappointing A4.

Quote Originally Posted by tailpipe View Post
    LeftLaneNews seems to have got it's facts a bit mixed up. The RS3 is based on current A3 platform and will be a 2011 model. This is not the new A3 on the 2012 MQB platform. They also report that basic new A3 arrives this Autumn. I think that it isn't due until next year, in March at Geneva? Anyone know more on this.

As much as I like the idea of an RS3 on the current platform, I am very much looking forward to the next one. It would be nice if it had a tad more rear legroom, a better riding chassis, and sharper styling. Whatever it offers, I hope ot makes up for the somewhat disappointing A4.
    I don't know why do you claim such disappointment with B8?! if it's down to looks only, i can tell you that from where I am everybody got very approving and amazed by it when arrived as 2009 model and that made me change brands... on the other hand, the only car you can compare it is bmw 3er and nobody liked it from beginning (I know it as I was a die hard fan, so I had to defend it frequently). dynamically - audi has never meant to be a bm' and it holds to it's own in that respect... the 3.2 that i've got is such a great car - refined, fast and classy.. no other car from the same class can touch it at same time in all those fronts!

Compared to the C-Class Merc, the B8 Audi A4 looks boring.

As I've said here before, the engine was not mounted behind the front axle, merely moved a few centimetres back. If Audi really wanted to provide a car with handling to match the best BMW can offer, then it really needed to get the weight balance nearer 50:50. in the meantime, BMW is still the class leader in dynamics, even if Audi bests it in overall quality.

I am not alone in these views, Germany's Georg Kacher thinks that the A4 is decidedly lacklustre. The reason I went for a Golf VI rather than an A4, is because the Golf has better rear leg room. The A4's large transmission tunnel means that it is really only a 4 seater not a five seater. I have three kids under 10, so that matters.

Overall, i find way too many compromises in the A4. However, it is beautiful inside. Audi still does the best interiors.

c class is not even under distant consideration! even e90 looks good next to it.... everybody laughed at it (''everybody''- majority if not all people i talk to, general population)... if that's what you think then forget what I tried to say since we differ too much in terms of aesthetics!
    cheers

From visual point, B8 A4 is great! I also think tha there could be some more engine/gearbox options, but what could you do... E90 3 series is Ok as facelifted model, original one from '05 is disaster! C-class looks great IMHO, Avantgarde with AMG package, excelent!