Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any new news on the RS3

Quote Originally Posted by tailpipe View Post
    I have just ordered a new RS3. I have no idea what it will finally cost or when i will get it. What i do know is that it will be limited in number. I do want it to have 345 bhp. I can't wait! Qisha tell me i won't be disappointed!
    great,bravo! I guess will be a true beast

Good news Tailpipe ! This will be a hell of a car ! What sort of time frame are we talking about here ? An eternity anyway for someone waiting for such car...

is it possible will be unveiled for paris autoshow or we have to wait more? because I think that if will be ready for paris we have to see very soon in the next days the Audi press-release.....

Andrea,

According to the London dealer who is handling my order, the car will debut at Paris on 30th September. So, yes, we should see a pre-show press release any day.

I think the big news for this car, apart from its 5-cylinder engine, is that it will get the new 7-speed high-torque DSG box, the PQ500. This should allow for much better ratios, suiting the characteristics of the engine rather than being optimised for longevity as current ratios are in existing the VW's 6-speed DSG.

I think we may see other interesting technologies used such as aluminium parts, an active rear spoiler and perhaps tweaks to the Haldex AWD system. I look forward to a proper briefing from Qisha when it launches.

I think the RS3 will embarrass cars costing twice as much, including lesser 911s, Evos and Subarus. I'd love to see 350 bhp and 0-100 kph in under 4.4 seconds!

great news man! keep us posted!

I think the RS3 will embarrass cars costing twice as much, including lesser 911s, Evos and Subarus. I'd love to see 350 bhp and 0-100 kph in under 4.4 seconds!
    Depends what you are looking for when making your car choice and on which field you might be meeting these. Your remark might be true on straight line highways....with a remap on top.

Sorry but I could not resist

Fab,

I'll be bringing my RS3 to the Swiss mountains via Geneva at Christmas. I wonder if it will eat your 911? Fancy a race?

Andrea,

According to the London dealer who is handling my order, the car will debut at Paris on 30th September. So, yes, we should see a pre-show press release any day.

I think the big news for this car, apart from its 5-cylinder engine, is that it will get the new 7-speed high-torque DSG box, the PQ500. This should allow for much better ratios, suiting the characteristics of the engine rather than being optimised for longevity as current ratios are in existing the VW's 6-speed DSG.

I think we may see other interesting technologies used such as aluminium parts, an active rear spoiler and perhaps tweaks to the Haldex AWD system. I look forward to a proper briefing from Qisha when it launches.

marvellous so have to keep attention in the next days for the press-release.
    yes,rs3 will be a true beast and will have data in the range of the sporty cars you wrote, proper of "old GTI style bomb cars"

I will be glad to meet you if you are around. My C4S will have its new winter tires on so no problem for a ride.

However We will be comparing our driving skills not really the cars as it is always the case outside straight line acceleration. But shure let me know. Nice ride from London.

TTRS and forthcoming RS3 S tronic are using seventh gear as fuel saving overdrive(just like RS5 S tronic or Porsche's PDK in 997.2 models and Panameras.). So, top speed is in sixth gear.

Kreso,

Wasn't it you who said that the 6-cylinder 3.0-litre TFSI engine in the S4 was more economical than the 5-cylinder 2.5-litre TFSI in the TT-RS? Do you know anything more about recent developments to both engines?

Kreso,

Wasn't it you who said that the 6-cylinder 3.0-litre TFSI engine in the S4 was more economical than the 5-cylinder 2.5-litre TFSI in the TT-RS? Do you know anything more about recent developments to both engines?
    S4 use even longer gearbox ratios then TTRS since its torque curve(and torque development) is wider.
    IMHO both 3.0TFSI and 2.5TFSI are excellent engines.

Tailpipe,

Has your dealer an idea of RRP?

Joker,

No, and I think my dealer has the same name as you, because he suggested the RS3 would cost around £50K.

I told him that no sane person would ever pay this much money for a Golf derivative and that if it did cost that much I would get an S4 Avant instead. My own view is that anyone who buys an RS3 for more than £45k fully loaded will be laughed at. In truth, I don't think my dealer knows. The official order books haven't been opened yet and they have no idea about final spec.

The best guide to RS3 pricing is the TT-RS. It starts at £44,775 and Audi UK is already offering discounts of £3K. If we assume that A3 models are sold for £5K less than equivalent TT models, and the 2.5-litre 5-cylinder engine commands a £7K premium over 2.0-litre 4-cylinder S models, then the RS3 should start at around £37-40K.

Audi may equip it with a high level of standard kit to justify a higher price, but even so I suppose DSG, satnav, magnetic ride, park assist, sun roof, 20" alloys and bucket seats will take the price above £45K.

Audi may say that it is a strictly limited edition model to up the price, just as VW said that only 500 Golf Rs would come to the UK but the real figure must be at least double that. If I had to put a price on the RS3 today that I think Audi will charge it will be £42K with a ton of standard equipment.

Given that an S4 Avant starts at £37K, Audi will need to be very careful what it does with the RS3. It may need to start with a lower basic price and let the extras bump it up to the desired level. A properly specced S4 costs around £47K. If an RS3 gets anywhere near this, it may not sell in sufficient numbers to justify the investment.

Joker,

No, and I think my dealer has the same name as you, because he suggested the RS3 would cost around £50K.

I told him that no sane person would ever pay this much money for a Golf derivative and that if it did cost that much I would get an S4 Avant instead. My own view is that anyone who buys an RS3 for more than £45k fully loaded will be laughed at. In truth, I don't think my dealer knows. The official order books haven't been opened yet and they have no idea about final spec.

The best guide to RS3 pricing is the TT-RS. It starts at £44,775 and Audi UK is already offering discounts of £3K. If we assume that A3 models are sold for £5K less than equivalent TT models, and the 2.5-litre 5-cylinder engine commands a £7K premium over 2.0-litre 4-cylinder S models, then the RS3 should start at around £37-40K.

Audi may equip it with a high level of standard kit to justify a higher price, but even so I suppose DSG, satnav, magnetic ride, park assist, sun roof, 20" alloys and bucket seats will take the price above £45K.

Audi may say that it is a strictly limited edition model to up the price, just as VW said that only 500 Golf Rs would come to the UK but the real figure must be at least double that. If I had to put a price on the RS3 today that I think Audi will charge it will be £42K with a ton of standard equipment.

Given that an S4 Avant starts at £37K, Audi will need to be very careful what it does with the RS3. It may need to start with a lower basic price and let the extras bump it up to the desired level. A properly specced S4 costs around £47K. If an RS3 gets anywhere near this, it may not sell in sufficient numbers to justify the investment.
    I would have thought that if the RS3 ventures beyond £35-£37k it will struggle to win customers. Things are tight out there at the moment and not many people have or want to throw any more than this figure into what is affectively a small hatchback.

I also like the idea of a 350hp hot hatch, makes my giggle every time I think of it but at the moment I look at all the extra metal you can get for similar money (S4, A7, 335i, 530i, etc) and think 'am I mad?' even to consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I would have thought that if the RS3 ventures beyond £35-£37k it will struggle to win customers. Things are tight out there at the moment and not many people have or want to throw any more than this figure into what is affectively a small hatchback.

I also like the idea of a 350hp hot hatch, makes my giggle every time I think of it but at the moment I look at all the extra metal you can get for similar money (S4, A7, 335i, 530i, etc) and think 'am I mad?' even to consider it.
    I agree fully with you : bit difficult to spend so much for a hothatch vs "bigger stuff". Especially when you think that the RS3 development has been probably on e of the chippest : engine already existing, current A3 platform well sold, etc. just need to get bigger wheels, agressive front bumper and few additional goodies and here is the RS3 for 40k ! Well done Audi ! good business !

This car will be nice be the price should be lower than what it will be. Probably a good deal second hand in 12-18 month.

I am expectign the RS3 at 60000 EUR (65000 eur for TTRS) so basically about 5k EUR less... or about 3-4 K pounds less....

it will be a very limited series since its the very end of the A3; so this is just for marketing not to have huge sales in my view....
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

also stop dremaing about it being 350hp.. it will be either 340ho like TTRS or slightly less.... 330/335....

it has to be positoned slithly lower than TTRS..... its simple segmentation.... and will perform a little less since its heavier..... at best same than manual TTRS (stronic RS3)
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com