Thread: Brakes, want Mov'It, any suggestions?

Brakes, want Mov'It, any suggestions?

My brakes are at the point where I need new pads and rotors for the summer. I want to make a change front and rear, a total solution to the marginal stock brakes that came with our cars for high speed use.

With the cost of that already pending, I thought it was a perfect time for the upgrade to Mov'It brakes front and rear.

I did the search on the forum; Nene had sourced his brakes from Per in Europe, as there was no US distributor in 2006.

My email reply from Per said that he is no longer allowed to sell to the States as there is a distributor here.

An internet search for Mov' It USA yields a website with only a telephone number, and a link to the German language website. I will try to make contact there, we will see about the results.

Does anyone here know of any other 4 wheel upgrades to our brakes? MTM and all the rest seem only to upgrade the front brakes. I know the brake bias is heavily on the fronts, but I still want the full upgrade if I am going to bother.
    2003 RS6, Mugello/Silver, MTM Stage 1 ECM, and TCM mod, Abt 19 inch wheels for summer, stock 18s for winter, RS6+ Pedals INSTALLED! 2Bennett coilover system, 2Bennett front brakes; DRC gone!

You may try the STASIS website as welll < shrug > I've been talking to them about coming up with a full " kit " as well.

Steve
    "You have first to experience what you want to express" (V. Van Gogh)

What about Alcon?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Try Gris at Unit20.org too.
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    What about Alcon?
    Alcon is sold by STASIS.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

StopTechs are decent too...worth a look.

But, really now...8 piston Brembos up front; what's not to like? Its not like they under-perform by any stretch of the imagination.
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    StopTechs are decent too...worth a look.

But, really now...8 piston Brembos up front; what's not to like? Its not like they under-perform by any stretch of the imagination.
    Not up to track duties... but IMHO just fine for street.
    Ron Paul Fan

^ +1 what Benman said- I've had absolutely no fade issues with the Alcons on the track and that says a lot for the heavy pig of a car we drive. It is really up to what an individual's needs/wants are in a brake system as has been discussed plentiful.
    210K miles rolled

Interesting .....isn't a 'fade issue' a problem with the brake fluid boiling over?

Can either of you describe your experiences with the stock brakes failing or under-performing on track? I'm not dis-agreeing with what has been said...just curious to hear how an 8 piston caliper in the front of this car can't be up to snuff for track duty.

Along the lines of Max's comment...it's also has a boat-load to do with the individuals driving style/experience (on track) too...
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Interesting .....isn't a 'fade issue' a problem with the brake fluid boiling over?
    Absolutely correct. However, warped and cracked rotors from the immense heat generated is not.

#1: Upgrade fluid for better fade resistance.
    #2: Get better pads and rotors for better heat capabilities. Hence, the upgrade.

Best,

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by gregoryindiana View Post
    My brakes are at the point where I need new pads and rotors for the summer. I want to make a change front and rear, a total solution to the marginal stock brakes that came with our cars for high speed use.

My email reply from Per said that he is no longer allowed to sell to the States as there is a distributor here.

An internet search for Mov' It USA yields a website with only a telephone number, and a link to the German language website. I will try to make contact there, we will see about the results.
    G, kit can be ordedred in EU ex VAT and ship to you if interested, yellow pads worked better for me in Europe, but the "comfort" kit would be most like ok in US unless you do track a lot. PM, this is help only
    rs6+/mtm/movit
    q7 4.2 tdi mtm
    CAT D3
    RAM3500 D Cummins 6.7 Diesel

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ObamaCare: Medicine with IRS compassion and DMV urgency.

"A politician will never provide a service for you cheaper than you can do it yourself...."

If the liberals love communism so much, why don't they move to China?