Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Sportec lower air vent mod

4b3863821c
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Falltboat View Post
    Anyone know the part number for the shield? I bought a Beast not to long ago and finally got it back from the shop (after a torque converter, oil cooler, front pads and rotors, serp belt, and some other misc items) and was taking a look around the car and noticed that the shield was missing. I don't know if this was taken off by the shop and not replaced (I had numerous issues and arguments with them while the work was being done) or it if wasn't there when I bought the car. I didn't know exactly was I was getting into when I purchased the car but I'm excited to be finally taking care of the car unlike the last 3 owners.
    I think the part number is in this thread and it isn't cheap (which isn't surprising at all given these cars)

edit ^^^^^
    Last edited by ben916; June 25th, 2014 at 15:54. Reason: edit ^^^
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

$395.06 from genuine audi....holy @$#@$#@$!!!!

I swear I bought mine a few years ago from them for $295???
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

in the spirit of reducing under-hood temperatures, has anyone removed the sound insulator that's on the hood? would that be a good contribution to the goal of having some better cooling in the engine bay?

i had a while back a '08 Cayenne Turbo and those don't come with that sound insulator on the hood, i was initially surprised to see it missing and thought that maybe the previous owner had an accident, however the car had never been in an accident and after checking with Porsche service they confirmed that this is how they come from factory, so i guess that if Porsche didn't fit it for, probably, good reasons and not only because of costs, why did Audi since i am pretty sure it doesn't do any good apart maybe from reducing just a tiny bit the engine noise heard outside but at the price of keeping the heat trapped....
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Quote Originally Posted by mik15 View Post
    in the spirit of reducing under-hood temperatures, has anyone removed the sound insulator that's on the hood? would that be a good contribution to the goal of having some better cooling in the engine bay?

i had a while back a '08 Cayenne Turbo and those don't come with that sound insulator on the hood, i was initially surprised to see it missing and thought that maybe the previous owner had an accident, however the car had never been in an accident and after checking with Porsche service they confirmed that this is how they come from factory, so i guess that if Porsche didn't fit it for, probably, good reasons and not only because of costs, why did Audi since i am pretty sure it doesn't do any good apart maybe from reducing just a tiny bit the engine noise heard outside but at the price of keeping the heat trapped....
    Maybe Cayenne's hood was made out of durable, better heat resistant material?

I removed the liner in my RS6 3 or 4 yrs ago. When I had the engine out 3 yrs ago I also had my exhaust manifolds Ceramic coated to reduce under hood temperatures for one thing and it seems to help. I have not had any problems with my under hood paint and really don't notice any increase in noise while the engine is idling. I would probably have to have a side by side comparison to tell the difference in noise at idle.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    I removed the liner in my RS6 3 or 4 yrs ago. When I had the engine out 3 yrs ago I also had my exhaust manifolds Ceramic coated to reduce under hood temperatures for one thing and it seems to help. I have not had any problems with my under hood paint and really don't notice any increase in noise while the engine is idling. I would probably have to have a side by side comparison to tell the difference in noise at idle.
    I always forget that I had my downpipes ceramic coated, should help! Tried to have the exhaust manifolds done also, but they screwed that up so I just put new un-coated ones on, that was a debacle...coating company sprayed a bunch of crap inside the exhaust manifolds, end of story, sand kept coming out.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Bringing this back to the top because my attention span and search skills are lacking.

I hope to be doing this soon to my brand new belly pan.

Currently adding to my McMaster-Carr order . . .
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide