Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speeding Ticket WTF

Had a plane get me a couple years ago in my A6. Trooper waiting up ahead to hear info on CB i'm sure. Had a detector on and not a peep. Trooper didn't need it. Some Viper and Corvette guys will have a CB/scanner in car not only to talk to each other, but also hear chatter on police radio. My thought (dream) has been to use a gps (rns-e) and be able to hack into the gps units of police/trooper sqads to show where they are, and put it on a screen with a warning. I'm sure every one of those cars has got to have a gps unit in it. Now wouldn't that be sweet.

For now you'll just have to look through the sunroof to check for planes. You solar guys are screwed.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

in IL, the state troopers are the only ones I know of that use planes.

I went to Marquette U... and i remember driving up there and seeing cops parked on overpasses. About 2 miles down the road, there would be 5-10 cop cars ready to pull over drivers. of course, they were all IL drivers. Wisconsinites should thank us for helping out your revenue.
    2003 RS6 - forsale

Quote Originally Posted by terrytcl View Post
    in IL, the state troopers are the only ones I know of that use planes.

I went to Marquette U... and i remember driving up there and seeing cops parked on overpasses. About 2 miles down the road, there would be 5-10 cop cars ready to pull over drivers. of course, they were all IL drivers. Wisconsinites should thank us for helping out your revenue.
    AHA! Illinois kid who went to Marquette... and you're picking on Lake Forest.
    WEELLL.... growing up in Milwaukee I have a story or two about Marquette U kids.

And yes, Wisconsin is a speed trap nightmare. They don't have toll roads, but they have tax collectors disguised as state troopers.

uh oh

hahahah i wish i grew up in lake forest. hahahha

GO WARRIORS!

hey, at least we FIBS :o) don't call a water fountain the "bubbler" and get cash from the "Tyme" machine

2003 RS6 - forsale

Congrats on MU making the big dance. Confident my Badgers will take you out though. FIBS... bubbler.... TYME machine. Hilarious. Meet me for beers at Wolski's.
    I went the opposite way as you, former cheesehead, now flatlander.

Uh-oh. My OT detector just went nuts. Is that an admin hiding under that overpass?

Radar

Wow - I grew up in Highland Park just a few miles from where you got nailed. Two other thoughts - Lake Forest does have money to buy fancy equipment so maybe they have the monopulse radar - other option is they have tweaked the radar to a slightly different frequency so the V1 cant sniff it. This is illegal from a federal standpoint, but it would allow them to nab folks with radar detectors with ease.

If you get stopped ask to see the calibration runs on the gun and get the info on the make and model. Also always make a mental note of what is around you. If the gun has not been calibrated recently it gives you some leeway in terms of what he writes.

I once got pulled over going 75 down green bay road in Glencoe - I was going about 55 in a 35 and the detector went off and I hit the brakes. I took it to court. Proved that the cop was actually tracking the express train that was running right alongside at that time. Reasonable doubt and the fact that radar tracks the largest object.

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Wade, did Ponch and John pinch you?
    Driving the S8 back home in the afternoon from Riverside down the 15 at the Mission/Fallbrook exit where the usual/customary speed trap is, and I had dropped down from my usual/customary crusing speed of 90 mph to 79 mph. The Passport squealed like never before (and since) with the laser warning. I assumed I was dead, but I guess I wasn't going fast enough to bother Johnny to come get me.

W>
    2003 RS6 Mugello Blue - mods? Whatever Ben does....

Bummer about the ticket. LF cops don't generally have much else to do! ;-)

I probably shouldn't admit it, but I actually grew up in LF. Even attended ( for a short while) what was then called LF HS "West Campus", which can be seen at the lower right-hand quadrant of the aerial photo. We moved away when I was 14, but still have some friends there.

LF has changed for the worse, IMO, since we left. It's gotten snobbier and snobbier, which is a shame, because it's really a beautiful area to live in. Too much $$$$ now, though - I about puked when I read the most recent sale price of one of the houses we lived in.

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    Congrats on MU making the big dance. Confident my Badgers will take you out though. FIBS... bubbler.... TYME machine. Hilarious. Meet me for beers at Wolski's.
    I went the opposite way as you, former cheesehead, now flatlander.

Uh-oh. My OT detector just went nuts. Is that an admin hiding under that overpass?

yeah, MU isn't the team that I thought they would be this year. We have some good prospects coming in for next season, so who knows.

we had your Badger's numbers for the past couple years, but this year... yeah, i'd have to agree with you on that.

Most of the taverns we hung out were near the MU campus and the UWM campus. I believe most of those are long gone now.

Definitely enjoyed Madison's campus. Interesting layout, but excellent city.

Funny thing is my parents moved to Menomonee Falls a couple years after I graduated MU. hahahaha

Now they are cheeseheads. I just hope our bears have your packers number this coming season.
    2003 RS6 - forsale

Quote Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T View Post
    Bummer about the ticket. LF cops don't generally have much else to do! ;-)

I probably shouldn't admit it, but I actually grew up in LF. Even attended ( for a short while) what was then called LF HS "West Campus", which can be seen at the lower right-hand quadrant of the aerial photo. We moved away when I was 14, but still have some friends there.

LF has changed for the worse, IMO, since we left. It's gotten snobbier and snobbier, which is a shame, because it's really a beautiful area to live in. Too much $$$$ now, though - I about puked when I read the most recent sale price of one of the houses we lived in.

I don't understand why LF HS is so close to Deerfield HS.
    LF HS is definitely not to the caliber of snob to lake forest academy. They defined snob.

I never understood people paying 1.5-2 mil for a house on 3/4 acre and close to a frieght track.

Would prefer Northfield or Kennilworth over Lake Forest anyday.
    2003 RS6 - forsale

Quote Originally Posted by terrytcl View Post
    I don't understand why LF HS is so close to Deerfield HS.
    West Campus was built in the late 70s to handle overflow from the original campus, which is about 2 miles NE (a mile N of downtown LF). It hasn't been used as a HS for years.

Northfield and Kenilworth are nice too, but LF has the lakefront.

Quote Originally Posted by RS6-4dr911 View Post
    http://veilguy.blogspot.com/2007/05/...pop-radar.html

In fact there is one form of POP that operates four times quicker than regular POP RADAR -- at a blistering 16ms. The only detector that has been able to sniff this form out is again the V1, but it generally has about a one in ten chance of doing so. I was concerned initially about it, but no longer. As Steve has correctly stated in one of the comments below, you probably have about the same chance as getting hit by a bolt of lightning as being tagged with POP in either form (16ms or 67ms)!

*Reprinted with permission from the Guys of Lidar.
    16 ms seems bit fast given some limitations of the technology in the TX/RX field?
    rs6+/mtm/movit
    q7 4.2 tdi mtm
    CAT D3
    RAM3500 D Cummins 6.7 Diesel

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ObamaCare: Medicine with IRS compassion and DMV urgency.

"A politician will never provide a service for you cheaper than you can do it yourself...."

If the liberals love communism so much, why don't they move to China?