I've been wanting to get the TCU reprogramed for some time, but didn't want the hassle of the down time of 3 days ( big deal I know) being that I'm down to one car now. Since I was sick last week I said screw it, I'm not going anywhere, so I pulled it, boxed it, and got it shipped.

On the third day, he rose again....

After UPS dropped it off I put the TCU back in its home and buttoned everything back up. Driving my beast so gently, to make sure all seemed well, the first thing I noticed is the control of the gear selection. When I told the car to shift, it shifted. I could go as far as keep 5th gear down to 1200rpm/32mph. This I particularly like, as I am always finding my self going over 40 to have it stay in 5th, and many of the roads are 40 limit..

After affirming the car was good to drive I put my foot down and instantly knew I made the right choice. The torque converter goes from regulating to locking SO much faster, ensuring that all of the power is in fact making it to the wheels as the car accelerates. When you let off the gas the TC tends to also stay engaged much longer, giving the feel the car is really in a gear like a manual would be.

All in all, the car should have been programed like this from the factory, best mod for the money that you can actually notice, and makes a big difference. If you are thinking about it, do it, if you're not thinking about it, start to.