Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MTM TCU, best $125 spent on my car.

I believe you are correct about it being an Audi part for the FPR. The pump is tricky, but I think Mike at MTM can source one for you. I talked to him for quite a while about the tune I have and he told me that OCT is an extremely good company and their tune is usually on the conservative side, which I like for reliability. There is one thing to remember about any off-the-shelf tune like what I have. A custom tune will always be better, because it is tailored for only one car and not 100's. I got lucky with mine, because it drives the way I want, but I've ran across some owners that have OCT in their RS6's and S4's that drive exactly how I was describing earlier. Massive mid range boost and then it tapers off quickly. I would not have been happy if mine did that.
    As far as the kickdown, yes mine still kicks down even in Tip mode. I would prefer it be like yours, but I'm happy enough with it I won't change it. Plus my TCU chip was closer to $1,200 back in 04 when it was done. You can definitely tell the car has a TCU chip as soon as you drive it. It tries to hold lower gears and it shifts very quickly. That might be why I've never had any transmission issues (knock on wood. I know I will). All in all, OCT has been a good company for me, but I've heard nightmare stories from others with their tuning. Luck of the Irish I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by p3u View Post
    So the FPR is just an audi 5bar it sounds like, just getting the pump may be tricky. Wonder what they run for?

Does your car have kick down functionality in tip? Wondering if the lack of it is just from mtm or if oct is like that too.

[QUOTE=AudiRS4ever;186233]I believe you are correct about it being an Audi part for the FPR. The pump is tricky, but I think Mike at MTM can source one for you. [QUOTE]

I'm in the middle of the Stage 2 (540hp) MTM tune right now as well as the TCU upgrade (I'm sure you saw my ECU and TCU on the MTM bench). I have the FPR coming from MTM and the fuel pump can be ordered here (Mike was out of them at the time but mentioned these sources):
    http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-044-Univ...3&sr=8-1-spell
    or here...
    http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/fuel-pumps/?itemid=20

I can't wait to get it all put back together and take it for a spin. Car is "resting" right now during the winter months (out of the snow/salt/sand), but will awaken as quite a different beast with these mods, darker powder-coated OEM rims, and some black optics.

I think I did see your ECU on the bench. Because he said he was doing a 540hp mod right now. So chances are it was yours BenA. I drove the Monster back and still managed about 21mpg. Not bad considering there were a few 100+ mph spurts. I am sure you will be pleased when all is done..

Anyone have the MTM TCU flash with the REVO ECU flash? I've heard REVO doesn't recommend a TCU flash? Reading these reviews makes me want to get it. It would be perfect timing since the RS6 is still hibernating.
    '03 Audi RS6
    - REVO ECU flash w/ Select Plus
    - APR exhaust
    - Hotchkis sway bars

Get it.

The MTM works just fine with my Eurocharged tune.

Quote Originally Posted by shoeboxjoe View Post
    Anyone have the MTM TCU flash with the REVO ECU flash? I've heard REVO doesn't recommend a TCU flash? Reading these reviews makes me want to get it. It would be perfect timing since the RS6 is still hibernating.

There's no reason why the TCU wouldn't work with any chip tune. Quite the opposite. Without the TCU mod, the gearbox will hunt gears.

I had MTM TCU flash done first and then the REVO tune. So far, all is well.

Um, DAVE?!?!?!

We consumers wanna know the status of your MTM TCU????
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

MTM TCU upgrade is a must at any level of tune.

The transmission just acts quicker. Not earth shattering but you will notice the first time you drive the car.

Are Hoppen Motorsports known for not answering the phone / emails? I'm reluctant to send off my TCU without speaking to someone first - for all I know they could have gone out of business!
    Last edited by Shoppinit; March 16th, 2010 at 14:31.

Never mind. Spoke to a charming young lady

had this done about 80k km ago, recomeded to everyone
    rs6+/mtm/movit
    q7 4.2 tdi mtm
    CAT D3
    RAM3500 D Cummins 6.7 Diesel

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ObamaCare: Medicine with IRS compassion and DMV urgency.

"A politician will never provide a service for you cheaper than you can do it yourself...."

If the liberals love communism so much, why don't they move to China?

I just got off the phone with Mike. I ordered the TCU prom itself and will be soldering it in myself when it gets here. I didn't want to deal with the downtime of sending my TCU to him. I'll let you know how it goes.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    I just got off the phone with Mike. I ordered the TCU prom itself and will be soldering it in myself when it gets here. I didn't want to deal with the downtime of sending my TCU to him. I'll let you know how it goes.
    Sounds like a nice DIY!

I can wrangle myself a soldering iron a bit... 9000 Amps DC @ 440 Volts might be a little overkill, but HEY! What the hell?!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Sounds like a nice DIY!

I can wrangle myself a soldering iron a bit... 9000 Amps DC @ 440 Volts might be a little overkill, but HEY! What the hell?!
    LOL, I think I'll just skip the soldering iron and throw the circuit board in the microwave to soften up the solder joints. Should be pretty simple.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

You could use the blow torch on it. What is the ETA on the chip?
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Quote Originally Posted by JRS-RS6 View Post
    You could use the blow torch on it. What is the ETA on the chip?
    Should be here on Wednesday.

Sounds good I am gone again next week to Ft. Collins, CO and back late Friday night. I just sent you the VAG Procedure I mentioned yesterday.
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver