Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: MTM TCU, best $125 spent on my car.

Quote Originally Posted by lbp View Post
    I too recently reached out to MTM USA asking about their status.
    - Although I did not communicate further, the jakob@mtm-online.us address is the exact one I got back to my response.
    So to be fair they do seem to be in business, however, I think the days are gone as compared to when Joe Hoppen was in the MTM wheelhouse.
    Back around 2001 I spoke with Joe (now deceased) on numerous occasions about my Bi-Turbo S4 and ended up getting an excellent 350hp tune for that car.
    The car is long gone but I am wondering what type of development is going on at MTM these days with Joe gone, too.
    I just wanted to see if they can chip my TCU, if not then I will have to go 034 way.

Bringing this thread back from the dead.
    I just got off the phone with Jose at MTM USA.
    They are based in Miami.

He said they do still offer the ECU and TCU tunes, but they must ship it to Germany and back, to the tune of a 2 week lead time.

He also requested my VIN number so he can get a current list of parts still in production. Nice enough guy, though, picking up the phone on a Saturday afternoon.

If anybody wants it,
    305-423-9009
    Jose@MTM-USA.com

We had few choices back in the day.

Fast forward and we see who is left supporting this platform with current product offerings.

034 gets my vote for ECU and TCU tunes.

.02c

They will need stock ECU to flash right? Anyone try EPL?
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

I know this is an extremely old thread but please can anyone help me find where I can get this MTMTCU tune for the $125 someone spent I’ll happily pay extra I just need it ASAP any help would be greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Ebtahi98 View Post
    I know this is an extremely old thread but please can anyone help me find where I can get this MTMTCU tune for the $125 someone spent I’ll happily pay extra I just need it ASAP any help would be greatly appreciated
    That was just for the chip itself, you still had to solder it into your TCU and risk frying your TCU. There are some other companies offering TCU tunes now, believe they can flash it if you send it in. TCU is fairly easy to access, in the passenger footwell under the carpet.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Ahhhh!

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    That was just for the chip itself, you still had to solder it into your TCU and risk frying your TCU. There are some other companies offering TCU tunes now, believe they can flash it if you send it in. TCU is fairly easy to access, in the passenger footwell under the carpet.
    Das ist nein na gut das ist Scheiße!!! / that really sucks! Meh! I would’ve love to solder that Chip on TCU! Back in the early 2000s I used to do well let’s say I used to do digital odometer calibrations so I am very well-versed when it comes to modules in cars especially BMWs and jaguars because modules also needed to be addressed when you were adjusting / LOL / after reading that thread I went to 034 motorsports and saw that it’s well approximately $1000 so let’s see $125/ V-s A thousand dollars I love progress ;( ...T. (thanks for the information by the way it was an interesting read) - I am going to look around to see if I could find this chip I’m pretty sure and bit torrent I can possibly find something like this.

You must be looking at the ECU/TCU package, $450 for just the TCU. Also Nubcake on here does a tune I think, maybe others. I run the MTM, and similar to the other ones I’m sure it’s nice to tighten up the shifts a bit. What really does it is upgrading the valve body pressure some to really snap the clutches, can be a bit jerky at times.

https://store.034motorsport.com/c5-a...e-upgrade.html
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    You must be looking at the ECU/TCU package, $450 for just the TCU. Also Nubcake on here does a tune I think, maybe others. I run the MTM, and similar to the other ones I’m sure it’s nice to tighten up the shifts a bit. What really does it is upgrading the valve body pressure some to really snap the clutches, can be a bit jerky at times.

https://store.034motorsport.com/c5-a...e-upgrade.html
    I think I’m just gonna go with 034 motorsport the chip and the tune package I’m actually looking for something a little more aggressive but that sounds pretty good do you guys have any better recommendations? Any and all information is very very welcome ��

You can find the MTM file online for free if you do some looking around.
    Might want to check nefmoto forums. It's kinda buried in there though.

The chip itself is a 512kb AM29F400BB PSOP44.
    I'm sure that's enough info to get you set up if you have prior experience with electronics.

Info appreciated thank you

I'll have a tuned TCU available shortly...that, paired with a nubcake tune is incredible!

I’m in !

Quote Originally Posted by Muggy View Post
    I'll have a tuned TCU available shortly...that, paired with a nubcake tune is incredible!
    PM me and elaborate/ I’m very Intrested! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ebtahi98 View Post
    PM me and elaborate/ I’m very Intrested! Thanks
    Sent you a PM...