Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MTM TCU, best $125 spent on my car.

Quote Originally Posted by p3u View Post
    I've been wanting to get the TCU reprogramed for some time, but didn't want the hassle of the down time of 3 days ( big deal I know) being that I'm down to one car now. Since I was sick last week I said screw it, I'm not going anywhere, so I pulled it, boxed it, and got it shipped.

On the third day, he rose again....

After UPS dropped it off I put the TCU back in its home and buttoned everything back up. Driving my beast so gently, to make sure all seemed well, the first thing I noticed is the control of the gear selection. When I told the car to shift, it shifted. I could go as far as keep 5th gear down to 1200rpm/32mph. This I particularly like, as I am always finding my self going over 40 to have it stay in 5th, and many of the roads are 40 limit..

After affirming the car was good to drive I put my foot down and instantly knew I made the right choice. The torque converter goes from regulating to locking SO much faster, ensuring that all of the power is in fact making it to the wheels as the car accelerates. When you let off the gas the TC tends to also stay engaged much longer, giving the feel the car is really in a gear like a manual would be.

All in all, the car should have been programed like this from the factory, best mod for the money that you can actually notice, and makes a big difference. If you are thinking about it, do it, if you're not thinking about it, start to.
    (Sorry if i seem ignorant here but where did you get this done? )
    2003 RS6
    2006 M5

President/Designer
    DAHBO Couture
    www.dahbo.com

where do you guys recommend getting it done?

Hoppen motorsports in FL

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    where do you guys recommend getting it done?

PSA: Hoppen current out of "chips" will have more next week
    SOLD - 2003 RS6 Black on Black / SE / Solar / Carbon / APR ECU + TCU / Wagner Intercoolers / Fog light delete / RNS-E / LED tails / Clear Corners / Sportek Cooling / itg filters /

I guess we caused a run on the market

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Hoppen motorsports in FL
    Glad to hear you've seen the light! Hoppen is a good place with good people.

There is no light to see.

Shops make mistakes and they correct them or die. I know thats what you were digging for and I gave Hoppen the thumbs up for this TCU service. They are the only game in town.

Quote Originally Posted by p3u View Post
    Glad to hear you've seen the light! Hoppen is a good place with good people.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    There is no light to see.

Shops make mistakes and they correct them or die. I know thats what you were digging for and I gave Hoppen the thumbs up for this TCU service. They are the only game in town.
    I actually was thinking you found a different dealer and was curious to who it was. How you like it so far?

Well fellows , I went up to Hoppen Motorsports today and got my ECU and TCU done for a $1279 special. You talk about a beast, this thing is now a Monster. The torque is incredible. I have never been shoved into a seat so hard before. Maybe there's better out there but this certainly satisfies my need for speed. I dealt with his brother Mike Hoppen, a very nice fellow. Who did all the work right in front of me. A very nice job, chipped both the ECU and TCU. I believe I saw the TCU's of quite a few of you guys on his work shop table. Believe me you will be pleased. I am thrilled with how the car accelerates and shifts like a true race car. My next step will be a 540hp Mod, which simply involves replacing the Fuel pressure regulator, External fuel pump and a software modification. But that's down the road. All in all a very nice experience.

One thing I noticed tonight, when in tip mod you can no longer use the kick down functionality when you floor it, just keeps it in gear. At first I didn't like this, but then it started making sense. Tip mode is now a true driver controlled gear change, or at least as close to it as possible!

Elevens, that is a great deal you got! Lowest price I've ever heard of for the MTM ECU and TCU.

As soon as I can get my car on the street, I'll see if it has the GIAC mod, if not, the ECU is off to Hoppen. I would sure like to add their 19 x9.5 wheels, but 39 lbs is too heavy for me.
    C5 RS6, A3 TDI, 02 TT
    01 Wrangler, 03 F250 Diesel, 08 F450

I have the external pump and regulator. Granted I have STage 2 OCT ECU and TCU, but it's worth it to do the fuel mods. Glad you like it so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Elevens View Post
    Well fellows , I went up to Hoppen Motorsports today and got my ECU and TCU done for a $1279 special. You talk about a beast, this thing is now a Monster. The torque is incredible. I have never been shoved into a seat so hard before. Maybe there's better out there but this certainly satisfies my need for speed. I dealt with his brother Mike Hoppen, a very nice fellow. Who did all the work right in front of me. A very nice job, chipped both the ECU and TCU. I believe I saw the TCU's of quite a few of you guys on his work shop table. Believe me you will be pleased. I am thrilled with how the car accelerates and shifts like a true race car. My next step will be a 540hp Mod, which simply involves replacing the Fuel pressure regulator, External fuel pump and a software modification. But that's down the road. All in all a very nice experience.

uncfrk -- I got a line on some very light Sportecs in NW Iowa if weight is your only concern.
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Quote Originally Posted by AudiRS4ever View Post
    I have the external pump and regulator. Granted I have STage 2 OCT ECU and TCU, but it's worth it to do the fuel mods. Glad you like it so much.
    Can you tell us more? Are the parts used Audi parts, or aftermarket?

Most importantly where can we buy them

The fuel pressure regulator was done in 04 when we did all of the OCT stuff from Stratmosphere. I believe stock is 4 bar and I have a 5 bar in mine. The fuel pump came from MTM if I'm not mistaken. I think it was because Stratmosphere didn't sell them. Either way, the car pulls right to redline. Other RS6's I've driven don't do that. They pull really hard right in the middle and then start to taper off after about 5,700 rpms (all of this is observed at 6,000+ feet where we both live. Probably not as noticeable closer to sea level). I truly believe the reason mine pulls so hard to redline is the tuning, as well as the fueling. Especially where you and I live in CO. Air/Fuel is always a problem up here. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by AudiRS4ever View Post
    The fuel pressure regulator was done in 04 when we did all of the OCT stuff from Stratmosphere. I believe stock is 4 bar and I have a 5 bar in mine. The fuel pump came from MTM if I'm not mistaken. I think it was because Stratmosphere didn't sell them. Either way, the car pulls right to redline. Other RS6's I've driven don't do that. They pull really hard right in the middle and then start to taper off after about 5,700 rpms (all of this is observed at 6,000+ feet where we both live. Probably not as noticeable closer to sea level). I truly believe the reason mine pulls so hard to redline is the tuning, as well as the fueling. Especially where you and I live in CO. Air/Fuel is always a problem up here. Hope this helps.
    So the FPR is just an audi 5bar it sounds like, just getting the pump may be tricky. Wonder what they run for?

Does your car have kick down functionality in tip? Wondering if the lack of it is just from mtm or if oct is like that too.

Quote Originally Posted by JRS-RS6 View Post
    uncfrk -- I got a line on some very light Sportecs in NW Iowa if weight is your only concern.
    Yes, I'm interested
    C5 RS6, A3 TDI, 02 TT
    01 Wrangler, 03 F250 Diesel, 08 F450

Quote Originally Posted by uncfrk View Post
    Yes, I'm interested
    Hi Frank,

I replied to your PM with details and appropriate warnings addressing "if weight is your only concern". caveat emptor
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver