Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok! Who's beast did I buy?

H/R make a spring upgrade for the DRC. A couple of members here have done it. Nice drop and stance.

Jerry will hold you a spot on the group buy. Just contact him before the date.

Quote Originally Posted by Elevens View Post
    Nice looking car skribe. The first thing I have to do with mine is to lower it. Down here in Florida we don't need the height that you guys need up north. I hate too much air between tires and fender lip. I have H&R coilovers on my 6spd A6 2.7T and could not be any happier with them. Its looks like it may be a problem getting them for my RS6 though. I will have to look into that. Any help in that area would be appreciated. First things first, Warranty and then mods. If I get the warranty early this week then maybe I can take advantage of Eurocharged ECU flashing special which ends Feb 27.
    Amen to that. my 1.8t is low low cause it only comes out at night, my range rover is HIGH HIGH. My rs6 is somewhere in between. If I was in FLA I would drop it 50mm.
    I miss the glass roads of the south, IL roads are such shite. My friend shattered, SHATTERED a rim on his 2010 S4 a couple weeks ago. Rolled into a deep chicago pothole in the cold and his OEM rim broke into pieces and landed his car on the brake disc. OUCH.

sigh.

^^ Where do all those taxes go? IL has some of the highest and Chi town property taxes would make Warren think twice.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    ^^ Where do all those taxes go? IL has some of the highest and Chi town property taxes would make Warren think twice.
    LOL. Have you ever heard of Chicago politics? Hmmm. Where does all the money go?! That shit's for real, always has been, always will be!

Just wondering if anything has changed. My wife grew up in Barrington....when her parents retired some time back...they got the hell out of there. Yeeks, I thought property taxes were bad in Oregon where we paid 10k/yr. We also got the hell out of Oregon a couple years back before the s really hit the fan.

10k a year would be a treat. :bendover face:

(I've started making up my own emoticons :fuck yeah: )

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    H/R make a spring upgrade for the DRC. A couple of members here have done it. Nice drop and stance.

Jerry will hold you a spot on the group buy. Just contact him before the date.
    You just have to make sure you find a shop that knows how to install the H&R springs properly with the DRC. My car came with them and it's not too low at all. I cant remember, But i believe it's 1.4" drop in the front and 1" for the rear.

dave, do yo know if putting the H&R springs around the DRC will void warranty?

I would think it so....void the DRC warranty that is. But if an owner is bound and determined to lower the car....its the H/R springs or a full coilover kit. IF the H/R springs somehow ruin the DRC...then you could always go coilover.

Wierd thing about my H&R springs is that they were purchased from the dealer and installed by the dealer while the car was under CPO. Probably not an issue since they were installed during the DRC recall anyways. I just wasn't aware of dealers selling/installing aftermarket parts like that. None local to me would and I'm pretty positive about that from previous vehicles.

Elevens,

hate to tell you this holmes, but there is NO WAY you will run 11's with the euro tune, or any other for that matter without some other mod. this car is big and fat and loses a LOT of power through our glass transmission.

I've got DP and full exhaust (milltek), AND water injection AND OCT tuning. I doubt i'm even close to running 11's.

Maybe if the tune pushes boost up to 18+? OC.T runs 14.7-15 psi (stock is 800mb 11.7psi)

Maybe there's a thread on this, and I don't mean to hijack, but whats the most AWHP power one could expect with just bolt-on's and a good custom tune? (and by bolt-on's, I mean exhaust, intake, maybe injectors, wastegates if the opportunity arises. How about with turbos?

Quote Originally Posted by peiserg View Post
    Elevens,

hate to tell you this holmes, but there is NO WAY you will run 11's with the euro tune, or any other for that matter without some other mod. this car is big and fat and loses a LOT of power through our glass transmission.

I've got DP and full exhaust (milltek), AND water injection AND OCT tuning. I doubt i'm even close to running 11's.

Maybe if the tune pushes boost up to 18+? OC.T runs 14.7-15 psi (stock is 800mb 11.7psi)

I guess I have been watching to many YOUTUBE videos. There's a guy out there called 10secondS4 running an RS6 with gutted pre-cats and a custom flash and that's it. In the Video it shows him running 11.89. Maybe he is bullshitting us, I don't know. But I wanted to achieve something similar to that.

It can be done. IMHO

Hi folks. Just thought I would let you know I picked up a Daytona Grey with one with 57k In immaculate condition in and out. I bought it at Sewickleycars in Pittsburgh for $28,900. That's a top dollar price I guess but I am amazed at how a 7 year old car could be so pristine. Its like almost new. I would like to take advantage of Eurocharged Performance Group flash deal for $499.00 before it runs out. My question is for you few guys that have done it, what's your thoughts? Is a safe flash? Do all the safety measures remain in tact. I have never heard of these people before. And if you are wondering why I call myself 'Elevens' Its because I hope after a few simple mods I will be able to run in the 11sec bracket. Thanks in advance.
    Did it have a aftermarket exhaust.
    My car:
    2010 Subaru WRX STI Special Edition in WRB

Off topic, but anyone know how much BHP stock internals can handle?

I guess I have been watching to many YOUTUBE videos. There's a guy out there called 10secondS4 running an RS6 with gutted pre-cats and a custom flash and that's it. In the Video it shows him running 11.89. Maybe he is bullshitting us, I don't know. But I wanted to achieve something similar to that.
    mmmm yeah i remember him. IIRC he is the only person (on the board) to achieve 11's with stock turbos. Only other way i could see it is MAYBE with the APR software, running the 100 octane program, on a blisteringly cold day. That imagines that the APR works as advertised. Which for me, it didn't. Or get the Revo and run the 100 octane program with the other caveats.

For internal engine strength... doesn't the Gumpert run our engine? and at 800 hp iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Maybe there's a thread on this, and I don't mean to hijack, but whats the most AWHP power one could expect with just bolt-on's and a good custom tune? (and by bolt-on's, I mean exhaust, intake, maybe injectors, wastegates if the opportunity arises. How about with turbos?
    If you want to know the max without new turbos I'll let you know in May