Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone installed the Dice Ipod integration? Having problems.

Quote Originally Posted by BLITZEN View Post
    QUESTION: Can I interface my iPhone to my stock BOSE stereo while keeping XM in tact?
    Yes, you just have to change some pin-outs on the interface cable...I don't know the details though. Aronis did it during his install.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Yes. I've had both working for years.

iPhone needs an interface adapter as the iPod old 12 volt pins will not charge the 5 volt setup that the iPhones use.

I got it for $6 if I recall.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by BLITZEN View Post
    QUESTION: Can I interface my iPhone to my stock BOSE stereo while keeping XM in tact?
    yes, there's a special harness you need to get though.

can anyone post up pictures of radio removal? the last time I pulled an Audi radio was in the 1980s...four paperclips jammed into each corner. Is it still the same thing - four radio removal tools and then pull? And I do have to hunt down my radio code, yes?
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Yes, four little tools which slip into the slots on either side of the head unit. You have to carefully engage each tab to remove the radio.

The ICE LINK comes in two flavors. One with a harness to connect to the head unit (have to swap a few wires) and the other to connect to the plug which is for the REAR trunk mounted CD changer. The later comes with the long wires to get to the trunk!

I wish I took better care of all my notes. I did this modification the same week I picked up the car! LOL. I had the shorter type. I ran three wires to the trunk to hook up to the inputs on the SAT RADIO module (left, right and signal ground) while the rest was connected to the head unit. There are a few pins/wires you have to relocate in the plug for the head unit. The ICELINK then acts like a rear mounted CD changer. The internal CD changer still works, and the SAT radio still works.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by kismetcapitan View Post
    yes, there's a special harness you need to get though.

can anyone post up pictures of radio removal? the last time I pulled an Audi radio was in the 1980s...four paperclips jammed into each corner. Is it still the same thing - four radio removal tools and then pull? And I do have to hunt down my radio code, yes?
    Not positive about the code because I changed the head unit to a $30 replacement from ECS and that had the code. The code "may" be written on the radio itself or on a sticker. This video outlines the R&R process and also shows the harness that you pull - it says that if you dont have the code to only do that one plug. http://www.youtube.com/user/Enfig#p/.../0/-asduq8Dh8A
    -Greg
    2003 RS6

right, just got a complete Dension harness and am about to go in and pull the radio. I haven't been able to find that damned code, and I have complete manuals and about a hundred pages of documentation on the car - every dealer and service receipt!

Hopefully...I'll be able to insert the harness without dropping the radio or something to cause the other plug to get yanked out!
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

As a last resort you can just order the $30 one from ECS if you do lose it and can't get a dealership to give you the code for free! You do lose the SAT button though but it works
    -Greg
    2003 RS6