Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking news: The Audi RS5 brochure!

I'm in France, surely one of the first to order it. A friend as a dyno 4WD not far away....and youry has got one in belgium.

But i guess in germany the car will be available before....

And thanks KresoF1 for the link....the car is really beautiful !

There should be a second graph reflecting post carbon buildup on the intake
    '97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by iconcls View Post
    There should be a second graph reflecting post carbon buildup on the intake
    Trolling this thread, aren't you? Maybe Erik could do something about it...

Stfu,

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    Trolling this thread, aren't you? Maybe Erik could do something about it...
    since when is discussing an inherent flaw in the FSI 4.2 lump trolling.
    '97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

since when is discussing an inherent flaw in the FSI 4.2 lump trolling.
    Carbon buildup in ALL new DFI engines was discussed here on rs6.com few times already. Problem is well known and exist in Audi, BMW, Porsche and VW engines. Even new Jaguar DFI suffers from it. All these companies are using all their efforts to solve this well known problem. AFAIK solution is found...

BTW, about Nissan GT-R that you soo much love and worship...
    Friend of mine bought one-after 5500km his car suffered from gearbox total failure and broken drive shaft. Nissan repaired the car under warranty. BUT, at 9500km he experinced total engine failure... This time he said NO way to Nissan and decided to sell the car. It is EU specs GT-R bought from Nissan EU approved GT-R dealership...

I wont write about GT-R any more here.

That's just an hypothesis. But all RS4 average power is about 380HP after 30.000km. If anything would have been done to improve that, we could have expected around 410 on the RS5.

Just hope having 430HP on the dyno, with all suggested by KresoF1 and Qisha.

Roughly the power i had on my RS4 after remap. For information, my friend who has the dyno had two GT-R last week. 525 and 528 HP.

I shouldn't waste my time with you, but...

Carbon buildup in ALL new DFI engines... AFAIK solution is found...
    What is the solution then, and is it implemented on the RS 5?

BTW, about Nissan GT-R that you soo much love and worship...
    Friend of mine bought one-after 5500km his car suffered from gearbox total failure and broken drive shaft. Nissan repaired the car under warranty.
    You're an idiot, I don't "love and worship," any hunk of steel and you have discussed your "GT-R friends" here on rs6.com few times already.

You're an idiot, I don't "love and worship," any hunk of steel and you have discussed your "GT-R friends" here on rs6.com few times already.
    Did I gave you a bad name? NO? You are bashing RS5 from the start. Aren't you?

Erik...?

What is the solution then, and is it implemented on the RS 5?
    Good question

You're an idiot,
    Very bad manners

Did I gave you a bad name?
    Apparently, I don't take kindly to being called a troll, Pal.

Apparently, I don't take kindly to being called a troll, Pal.
    A troll? Fishing

An idiot? deficient in mind, stupid person

Chill out fellow.

iconcls: Please GTFO!

Quote Originally Posted by BaXRS4 View Post
    iconcls: Please GTFO!
    Why? Is Inconcls a Serb?

Both Inconcls and KresoF1 are at fault and both escalated the issue, and with my example above, notice how simple it is to increase tensions. Both have valid views. DFI engines can have carbon buildup issues and the GT-R, despite its awesome performance, is fragile.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoAudi View Post
    Why? Is Inconcls a Serb?

Both Inconcls and KresoF1 are at fault and both escalated the issue, and with my example above, notice how simple it is to increase tensions. Both have valid views. DFI engines can have carbon buildup issues and the GT-R, despite its awesome performance, is fragile.
    You have a right, but hi is bashing RS5 from the start, and that is very impolite.... If you dont like it ok, but STOP bashing it...

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoAudi View Post
    Why? Is Inconcls a Serb?

Huh! Huh!

Since neither Erik or one of the moderators responded I will.

First, I wrote that Iconcls is trolling this thread. Maybe I used too hard words but, Iconcls clearly do not like new RS5 at all. That should be fine-just we are on Audi forum...

Second, to call somebody an Idiot like Iconcls called me is clear sign on lack of good manners. Erik should really intervin here since in the past some other members were banned because they bashed BMW M6 as much as possible...

Third, BaXRS4 reacted very impulsive and shouldnt write what he did. BUT, why you ChicagoAudi wrote Serb? War here ended 15 years ago. I have many friends who are Serbs by nationality. AndyBG is from Serbia and we are in excellent relationship. Please, do not write about the things that you do not understand. Just for your info-17 years ago I was in Croatian army... In 2005 I defended a Serb that was wrongly accused(I am a Lawyer) and we become very good friends.

This thread needs to be closed and somebody can open a new one about RS5 intro.

Quote Originally Posted by BaXRS4 View Post
    You have a right, but hi is bashing RS5 from the start, and that is very impolite.... If you dont like it ok, but STOP bashing it...
    He is not bashing the RS5 per se, but if he is, that is his right from the limited information and experience he has with the RS5 and from his perspective and needs & desires. Politeness has nothing to do with that aspect.

To call someone an idiot is grossly impolite.

However, he does raise a point that has never been answered. KresoF1 & Qisha? Is there an issue with carbon build up? Has it been resolved for the RS5? Is that same solution available for the RS4? If we all deny there is a problem with the carbon build up, we are not helping the situation for so many believe there is and with a lot of information & experience.
    Last edited by Sims; February 27th, 2010 at 17:30.

While his method of delivery may ocassionally swerve to the crude, Iconcls does have some very valid points. He owns both a RS6 and a GT-R. Audi's RS sell for a significant price premium; however, the premium is offset by performance and techology. The RS6 with twin turboed V8 fulfilled that role.

The Nissan GT-R is a game changer. It has introduced supercar performance at an " affordable" pricing point. In the States, a well optioned S5 Cabriolet is close in price. That is the problem, the initial material released for the RS5 features a tuned version of an "older" motor. If the technology and performance exists to justify a price premium above the S5, and more importantly, above the GT-R then Audi needs to provIde that narrative.

, Iconcls clearly do not like new RS5 at all. That should be fine-just we are on Audi forum...

A forum, even an Audi centric one, should contain all opinions, not just the ones we like. In the Audi brochure, they can say what they like.

I like the RS5.