Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking news: The Audi RS5 brochure!

Quote Originally Posted by biker14 View Post
    Why would someone care if this car goes to 0-100 in 4.6 sec and not 4.5 or 4.4, ?
    armchair racers. that's why. we all have one inside us- have you ever met a GTR owner ;P
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Audi have chosen 100% the wrong engine for it.
    This would be a 10x better engine IMHO.

Engine:

3.0 TFSI, V6 gasoline engine with supercharging and FSI gasoline direct injection
    Max. power output in kW (hp): 300 (408) at 6,000 – 7,000 rpm
    Max. torque in Nm (lb-ft): 500 (369) at 3,000 – 5,500 rpm

There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Interesting read, I'm not sure what I feel right now. If they bring this thing out in an RS5 Sportback I'd definitely be interested. Was just expecting a little more from a hard-core coupe that's all. Although sure, It'll be a delight to drive and own - no doubt about it.
    Audi RS4
    "The ringmaster"

BMW M coupe
    "Itīs a lot like nothing else"

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
    Audi have chosen 100% the wrong engine for it.
    This would be a 10x better engine IMHO.

Engine:

3.0 TFSI, V6 gasoline engine with supercharging and FSI gasoline direct injection
    Max. power output in kW (hp): 300 (408) at 6,000 – 7,000 rpm
    Max. torque in Nm (lb-ft): 500 (369) at 3,000 – 5,500 rpm
    Do you know all important facts about this factory TUNED engine?

NO?

You need to know that extra few things about that engine before posting something like you did. Do you really think that COMPLETE quattro Gmbh technical stuff are total morons? In that case they need to hire you as head of engine development.

According to 99% of your post from last 12 months you like only R8 and TT. Only Audi engines that you like are 3.0TFSI mentioned above and 2.5TFSI from TT RS. Are you sure that Audi is your favourite brand?

I really do not want to be rude here but, most RS5 bashers simply do not have a clue what they are talking about.

NO, RS5 is not an Nissan GT-R beater-that car is pretty unique-just it is soo pushed to the limit that my friend sold one with just 10000km on clock with gearbox and engine total failure.

RS5 is sportscoupe-a great one in fact. It is as fast on the Ring as R8 V8-that's enough IMHO.

There are planty other NON NA engine sportscar and sportcoupes on the market: Audi TTRS, Nissan GT-R, Porsche 997.2 Turbo just to mention a few-pick one and they will not fail to deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    armchair racers. that's why. we all have one inside us- have you ever met a GTR owner ;P
    Nah, I never even saw one being driven on the road here... maybe they're just not fast enough to catch me? :P

serious dissapointment

Don't get me wrong this thing is reall really hot. Some things i don't like include the fact AUDI has done away with "conventional RS styling" and now following the looks of a TT-RS

other dissapointments include:

- waiting so long for this thing, only for it to come out with an ancient normally aspirated engine (same power a C63 AMG had 3 years ago with wayyyyy less torque.

- where is the damn turbo's, can't get over the fact that its 3 years newer yet slower than a C63

- Styling at the back would look amazing if it was not a direct copy of a maser gran turismo
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2009-maserati-gra&#1.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	9430

- The "concept" photos of last year from car magazine UK head to head with the M3 looked way better plus had the fairytale twin turbo engine

- No flat bottom steering wheel looks the same as any other boring audi sedan eg: plain A4

- No special wheel option like on RS4, some of the wheels do look good very similar to ones on the TT-RS but nothing that makes you go wow like on the RS4 or RS6

- Nothing in the interior makes you think your driving a special car, unless you get those recaros, looks just like any other A5 interior

- Exterior styling is gorgeous, but more GT than aggressive sports car, where is the FLARED WHEEL ARCHES??????

- Hope it sounds good, just seems like Audi missed a trick here with giving it similar power to a "old" c63 AMG. Audi are getting left behind, i sometimes wonder if they really were testing two engines at the same time and they chose this one because maybe the twin turbo V8 was not reliable enough, so they just decided to raid damaged RS4, take their engines put a new airbox and exhaust in to make a little more power and call it an RS5. What other reason is there for taking so long?

- That body in sprint blue, lighter chassis, flared wheel arches and a twin turbo V8 and i would have put my name down... alas

Well, I really like the engine, gearbox and exterior. The interior is okay, but not mind-blowing like the RS4's was when it was first shown. The good news is no DRC (great when it works, but alas too fragile). ADS is kind of silly and useless IMO - modes for exhaust and gearbox yes, steering and sport diff no. However, a dry weight of 1725kg (S5 1630) is not exactly little - it will be dynamically good I am sure, but it remains to be seen if it is dynamic in the same way as the RS6 (hard track numbers much better than it feels from behind the wheel). The basic price is more competitive than I feared. I am considering getting one/waiting for first tests and test drive.

Nice post Kreso! There are too many guys dissatisfied here with that engine, come on, do you all really think quattro would make a "not good enough" car? Last few cars are RS4 (awesome), R8 (phenomenal), RS6 (perfect in doing what it's made for - autobahn), TT-RS(beats its competitors easily)...

If anyone wants a turbo engine there are many cars to choose from, but if you want a high-revving coupe...there's only one! R S 5

In normal road conditions with normal drivers behind the wheel (which 99% of us are) it will be faster than most cars you'll ever come across.

Kreso- take it easy man. everyone can post their views. the Pretender is respectful about it, so respond in kind. no need to start a personal fireball throwing contest.

back on topic please. both you guys are great contributors here. lets have a drink and chill.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    Kreso- take it easy man. everyone can post their views. the Pretender is respectful about it, so respond in kind. no need to start a personal fireball throwing contest.

back on topic please. both you guys are great contributors here. lets have a drink and chill.
    R.,

I fully agree with you. Temperature is down...

Just, in my view we have far too many Audi bashers recently here on rs6.com-maybe you will not agree with me on this...

Your R8 V8 is still totally awsome sportscar IMHO, I enjoyed mine a lot and I was sad when I sold it. But, many members here bashed R8 V8... When R8 V10 showed up-same story:"...why Audi did not put 5.0TFSI inside with 600hp?" asked some members here... TT RS intro:"...oh totally wrong gearbox(manual)-we want S Tronic(and they will get it in summer 2010-my remark)" Should I continue?
    I WONT.

Back OT. Personally, I like new RS5 as much as I like R8 V10-awsome cars.

I think a valid concern I have is what has Audi done about the Carbon build-up problem they have been having with the FSI V8? I loved the motor when I got my first RS4, but have read so much about the carbon problems that I am a little bit leary of this motor right now. Obviously Audi knows the problem or there wouldn't be TSB's. Is there anything they have done to this engine to try and alleviate they problem? I am specifically asking this to Kreso since he would know.

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    R.,

Back OT. Personally, I like new RS5 as much as I like R8 V10-awsome cars.
    Is this really a BMW M6 competitor?

Quote Originally Posted by AudiRS4ever View Post
    I think a valid concern I have is what has Audi done about the Cabon build-up problem they have been having with the FSI V8? I loved the motor when I got my first RS4, but have read so much about the carbon problems that I am a little bit leary of this motor right now. Obviously Audi knows the problem or there wouldn't be TSB's. Is there anything they have done to this engine to try and alleviate they problem? I am specifically asking this to Kreso since he would know.
    Yes please, do tell for one hears all types of horror stories. Is the RS5 motor sufficiently different to the RS4 to have resolved any problem?

I like the car , only disappointments are , the weight and the steering wheel .
    I was expecting 4.5s at best so .... have you seen the 0-100 km/h of the R8V8 ?

Almost forgot Quattrofun , why you donīt like the Sport diff ? The press release says:
    "The electronic management of the Audi RS5 sport differential was designed to be uncompromisingly dynamic."

I am waiting for the tests too , and looking for help on what to choose for the Rs5 .
    When you have eliminated the impossible , whatever remains , however improbable , must be the truth.
    ..Sherlock Holmes..

When some of you say the interior doesn't do it for you, it's bland, etc, you are comparing this car with ... ?

biker- no competitor comes close to the RS5 in the interior dept. not sure how anyone can bash. what is the alternative- the interior of an M3 or ...stretching it a bit- the interior of a base carrera? yikes.

on another note- i fully expect the enthusisast treatment of any new car- we always see what it doesn't have, rather than what it does have. one thing i do not thinkm it will have is an extravagant price. with no DRC the price should be reasonable, the engine is essentially carryover, and the DSG is a 2K option in the S5 cabrio- so what is there to charge so much more for? if audi prices it right it'll be a steal.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Let's hope this isn't true. If it is, Audi is surely missing the boat. They have nothing in America to compete with BMW M or Mercedes AMG. Anyway, from Automobile Mag this morning:

"Those requests will likely come from customers from outside North America, as the RS5 -- much like the TT RS -- isn’t launching in our market. Audi’s product planners are, however, still trying to iron out a case for bringing this car stateside."

http://rumors.automobilemag.com/6643...rs5/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by AudiRS4ever View Post
    I think a valid concern I have is what has Audi done about the Carbon build-up problem they have been having with the FSI V8? I loved the motor when I got my first RS4, but have read so much about the carbon problems that I am a little bit leary of this motor right now. Obviously Audi knows the problem or there wouldn't be TSB's. Is there anything they have done to this engine to try and alleviate they problem? I am specifically asking this to Kreso since he would know.
    According to my info-new engine will not have problem that you mentioned. Just-fuel quality will be very important with new engine.

BTW, Carbon build up is also noticed on Porsche DI engines and on some BMW DI engines as well. Both Porsche and BMW claim that problem is mostly fuel quality related.