Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Breaking news: The Audi RS5 brochure!

Quote Originally Posted by Fab View Post
    Nice one thanks.

I hope we'll all soon see the RS5 in other colors and with the black package.

As the frenchies and most of us I can't stand at all the steering wheel !!! This is almost a non.buy on its own.... and it seems that nothing will be made about it. Still hoping though.
    Fab, long time noo see.. Still enjoying the RS4?

I'm also hoping for the flat-bottom steering wheel. Much better imo.

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroFun View Post
    How sensitive will the the RS5 driving experience off track and off Autobahn be to which critical options you choose? My guesses for now:
    - Sports exhaust and Sport Diff: absolute must haves I reckon.
    - 20": very good for looks, but only if one is completely unsensitive to ride quality or Audi has indeed taken a quantum leap in terms of comfort from the S-line suspension in the A5/conventional SS in the S5 I suspect. Especially UK press will focus on this one after the surprising praise for the RS4 and predictable bashing of the S5 and A5 S-line.
    - Dynamic steering: no, unless Audi has actually made cows fly after the S4 attempt.
    - Ceramics: since only front and pricey, probably not although with 380mm should also fit under 19" and ride, durability and agility can only benefit.
    - Buckets: for aesthetics and feelgood only, since the weight savings are insignificant to be felt taking total mass into account and now probably pricey optional extra.
    - Raised vmax limiter: useless in most places of course, but still kind of fun.

Well, time and the first tests will tell this and much more I am sure.
    My personal configuration is slowly emerging:

- Suzuka grau. No black optics this time - maybe matt aluminium optic pack
    - Sport diff and sport exhaust - maybe even dynamic steering as Quattro GmBH seems to think it is value added, although I in principle do not like non-linearity
    - Black sidennappa standard seats - getting lazy: the buckets look great, save weight, feinnappa is more exclusive and they are even comfortable on short drives but sadly not on long drives
    - Ceramic front brakes, 19" standard wheels and standard SS/no-DRC - real world handling with minimum unsprung masses
    - The usual techs such as Navi, rearview parking camera, B&O, etc.

DRC is thankfully optional and I am now over the carbon issue and the steering wheel as well - my No1 concern is now real-world weight and how the car will FEEL in tight bends.

I fear we will see test weights of 1800 kg even with ceramics (-10kg) and buckets (-20kg) and front axle masses of at least 57%. For reference: latest Sport Auto says M3 coupe DSG is 1642kg with 51% on the front axle - aka my current car (BMW claims DIN weight of 1600kg). Audi says RS5 is 50kg heavier than S5 tiptronic and 85kg heavier than manual S5. Sport Auto: manual S5 coupe with 19" but without sport diff or dynamic steering 1720 kg with more than 57% upfront - manual S4 sedan with 18" and sport diff and dynamic steering 1790kg. DSG adds 40kgs and S4 is only 20kg heavier than S5 in basic trim according to Audi.

=> RS5 with real world options then coming in at over 1800kg with over 57% upfront, as other hardware beefing will not be offset by other weight savings such as aluminium bonnet etc.?

Huh, I sure hope I am too pessimistic and Audi will surprise us all positively. I really want to order this car!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruergard View Post
    Fab, long time noo see.. Still enjoying the RS4?

I'm also hoping for the flat-bottom steering wheel. Much better imo.
    I mate ! Long time indeed... but still reading RS6.com... I sold the RS4 a while ago but I'm ready now to get back to business and probably RS5 but still need more concrete infos on the car. Will not do anything before reading some serious road tests as I need to see it well ahead of the RS4 to get really excited. Need to try it as C63 AMG is also a serious candidate. I'm missing Audis and would really like to get convinced to go for it but still too early...

Please Audi bring the RS steering on come on !

Just back from Gva auto show.

As some of you mentionned the RS5 is WAY better live than any pics we have seen so far. The car looks very very nice, just stunning. Wheel arches are much wider and agressive and the overall package makes it in my opinion the best looking Audi RS made so far. And believe me I wasn't so convinced before seing it in real.

I had the opportunity to have full demo as I met my long dated dealer right in front of the car at my arrival at the Audi stand. The interior is amaizing and the built quality is close to perfection really. I am so hot about it, soooooo hot ! Even the steering wheel is way better than any pics impression. It is smaller than what any pic can show which just makes me very confortable with it. The bucket seats always look amaizing even if less useable daily.

I did not notice that the polish 5 spokes wheels on the car are 20" with 275/30/20 tires. Also from what the RS5 brochure shows these are the only 20" wheels available for the car whereas I thought the 20" S8/TT RS seven spokes were also an option. Well, the new 5 spokes does not look bad at all especially bi-color black/alu.

Test car will be available soon and will be contacted for a test drive. First delivery in CH in June. As previously said there is no way I order it prior to my own proper test drive and magazine reviews to make shure there is no mess with engine power and perfs and before feeling the S-Tronic perfs and sportiness.

But hey ! this car is amaizing anyway. Simply beautifull. Insane job Audi.

P.S. CEE weight is 1800kg (68kg driver, 7kg luggage and 90% full tank) not light but real perfs to be seen...
    Last edited by Fab; March 10th, 2010 at 22:36.

I went to the Audi forum Neckarsulm coming back from a training at KW suspensions... yesterday and I was told from the audi exclusive guy, that orders would be possible in germany next week... no dates though for other countries...
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

The UK press is saying first UK deliveries in October. Anyone know if this is correct?

Seems strange that they would be 4 months later than rest of Europe (although it may be normal for right hand drive cars to be later). The UK site is up and running with a lot of detail, although not the configurator and the full UK pricelist and options doesn't seem to be out yet.

Two videos from Geneva Auto Salon 2010.

"Like a more powerful Audi R8, with space for the kids"

There's music in the background, but the little I hear from the V8 makes me hungry for more...wow!

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

I mate ! Long time indeed... but still reading RS6.com... I sold the RS4 a while ago but I'm ready now to get back to business and probably RS5 but still need more concrete infos on the car. Will not do anything before reading some serious road tests as I need to see it well ahead of the RS4 to get really excited. Need to try it as C63 AMG is also a serious candidate. I'm missing Audis and would really like to get convinced to go for it but still too early...

Please Audi bring the RS steering on come on !
    Nice to hear that, just the posting that's missing then.

Thanks for the info from Geneva, keep us posted with the testdrive!

Marek has made us this! Many thanks!

(it's a gif picture, an RS5 smiley that I will incorporate in the forum as soon as I can)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Can't see the attachement Eric...

Can you do something as I don't want to miss anything related to the RS5...

Thanks

don't see anything neither
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

Can't see the attachement Eric...

Can you do something as I don't want to miss anything related to the RS5...

Thanks
    It's a RS5 smiley...

Very nice Erik, now upload it.

EDIT: Strange, I can see it just fine.

When will we see first road tests?

Quote Originally Posted by artur777 View Post
    When will we see first road tests?
    To my knowledge, the first batch of cars are being built and after that the cars will be tested.

The new RS5 smiley has now been uploaded. The background color is a bit off, let's see if it can be changed.

<----- New RS5 smiley supposed to show here.

anyone an idea on when the RS5 will br available on the configurator?
    Greetings

And when we can see it in ETKA?

78K Euro ain't cheap.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan