Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking news: The Audi RS5 brochure!

Quote Originally Posted by sbor View Post
    Hi,

Any ideas at all when or if a convertible RS5 will follow or when the coupes will begin to be delivered?
    The RS5 will begin to be delivered in June/July.

Don't know if they'll make an RS5 Cabriolet.

From the Audi Uk :
    Taking the stunning A5 Coupe as a starting point, and adding a powerful, high revving 4.2 litre V8 and
    7 speed S tronic transmission delivers a car with 450PS and a 0-62mph time of just 4.5 seconds.

Just for fun , it doesn´t matter to me , at all . For me it is the driving joy , and if it is even better than my Rs4 ...

Kerso and Qisha , I was leaning towards Suzukagrey or Silver , but now I am dubious .
    Anyway thanks for the info and pics .
    When you have eliminated the impossible , whatever remains , however improbable , must be the truth.
    ..Sherlock Holmes..

How sensitive will the the RS5 driving experience off track and off Autobahn be to which critical options you choose? My guesses for now:
    - Sports exhaust and Sport Diff: absolute must haves I reckon.
    - 20": very good for looks, but only if one is completely unsensitive to ride quality or Audi has indeed taken a quantum leap in terms of comfort from the S-line suspension in the A5/conventional SS in the S5 I suspect. Especially UK press will focus on this one after the surprising praise for the RS4 and predictable bashing of the S5 and A5 S-line.
    - Dynamic steering: no, unless Audi has actually made cows fly after the S4 attempt.
    - Ceramics: since only front and pricey, probably not although with 380mm should also fit under 19" and ride, durability and agility can only benefit.
    - Buckets: for aesthetics and feelgood only, since the weight savings are insignificant to be felt taking total mass into account and now probably pricey optional extra.
    - Raised vmax limiter: useless in most places of course, but still kind of fun.

Well, time and the first tests will tell this and much more I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroFun View Post
    How sensitive will the the RS5 driving experience off track and off Autobahn be to which critical options you choose? My guesses for now:
    - Sports exhaust and Sport Diff: absolute must haves I reckon.
    - 20": very good for looks, but only if one is completely unsensitive to ride quality or Audi has indeed taken a quantum leap in terms of comfort from the S-line suspension in the A5/conventional SS in the S5 I suspect. Especially UK press will focus on this one after the surprising praise for the RS4 and predictable bashing of the S5 and A5 S-line.
    - Dynamic steering: no, unless Audi has actually made cows fly after the S4 attempt.
    - Ceramics: since only front and pricey, probably not although with 380mm should also fit under 19" and ride, durability and agility can only benefit.
    - Buckets: for aesthetics and feelgood only, since the weight savings are insignificant to be felt taking total mass into account and now probably pricey optional extra.
    - Raised vmax limiter: useless in most places of course, but still kind of fun.

Well, time and the first tests will tell this and much more I am sure.
    I suppose the cars that are 10 seconds quicker than the RS4 at the 'Ring will have Ceramics, the right wheels, sports exhaust, sports diff, lightest seats, raised vmax and the price for this jewel will be???? 77,700 + 12,300 approx = 90,000 does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by PP View Post
    I suppose the cars that are 10 seconds quicker than the RS4 at the 'Ring will have Ceramics, the right wheels, sports exhaust, sports diff, lightest seats, raised vmax and the price for this jewel will be???? 77,700 + 12,300 approx = 90,000 does that make sense?
    Good point, but in all fairness the fact is that the RS4 in Sport Auto Supertest 6/2006 that did 8.09 also had all these goodies bar sport diff and exhaust (NA) with test price of 78820 euros at the time - and ditto for the M3 that did 8.05 (85180e) and the R8 that did 8.04 (131820e)...Like for like it seems.

RS4 B7 Nordschleife 7:58

I digged out the sportauto magazine with the RS4 supertest..the car was running on the same Pirelli P Zero Corsa in 255/35/19. 7:58min > 8:09min the different between a DTM full prof Audi race driver and a car journalist...

7:58 is a never official claimed factory test driven by Frank Stippler a Audi DTM race driver.

Quote Originally Posted by BaXRS4 View Post
    RS4 B7 Nordschleife 7:58

I digged out the sportauto magazine with the RS4 supertest..the car was running on the same Pirelli P Zero Corsa in 255/35/19. 7:58min > 8:09min the different between a DTM full prof Audi race driver and a car journalist...

7:58 is a never official claimed factory test driven by Frank Stippler a Audi DTM race driver.
    True, but driver is the same in SA (HvS) and presumably also for Audi factory that has gone 10s faster in RS5 than RS4 - for comparability and consistency the gap matters, not the level.

Good point, but in all fairness the fact is that the RS4 in Sport Auto Supertest 6/2006 that did 8.09 also had all these goodies bar sport diff and exhaust (NA) with test price of 78820 euros at the time - and ditto for the M3 that did 8.05 (85180e) and the R8 that did 8.04 (131820e)...Like for like it seems.
    So with the extra 30ps, sport diff and exhaust & ceramics, 7.59 seems possible with a journalist (HvS or other)

True, but driver is the same in SA (HvS) and presumably also for Audi factory that has gone 10s faster in RS5 than RS4 - for comparability and consistency the gap matters, not the level.
    So Frank Stippler could go round in 7:48?

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    Low $$$ is the key element IMHO. German price is €77700 with Mwst. Audi can not price is lower then $80K in USA and for that money nobody will buy it.
    I will wait before posting: "I told you so".

Not you Kreso.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear Friends,

the RS 5 as well as the TT RS both have good chances to be offered in the USA as well.

The RS 5 looks best -as mentioned- in bright colors. Misanored, Sepangblue, Solarorange, Imolayellow, GT3 green either of them look brilliant.

Qisha
    Qisha. Could you please empty your Private Message box . Its full. Important developments.. need to send you a message..,,, Thanks..

Ben- i really hope you are wrong- i think the ONLY way audi will bring it to the states is if the audi marketing dept says "yes" to the asking price audi germany will calculate that would make them money.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy@Rival View Post
    Qisha,
    Can you elaborate at all on the KERS style system that this car has?
    what????

the plot thickens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw- 0-62 in 4.5 means 4.4 or less to 60. R&T will be getting 4.1 or 4.2. maybe the 1/4 mile won't be so bad after all.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Audi is offering to its system that manages the alternator, trying to use it mostly when coasting to save some gas. In the end I wouldn't call it KERS.

And R&T got a time of 4.3 seconds for the RS4, though that was the quickest US time with other magazine times of around 4.5 seconds. The RS4 had good off the line acceleration, it's quarter mile time was the less impressive of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by BaXRS4 View Post
    Correct, and the source to that was my interview with Mr. Stippler when I met him at the Nürburgring, and was posted on RS6.com back in 2005.

That time has since then found its way into various lists on the Internet.

You can find the original RS6.com post here!
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

1/4 mile at 12.4 secs and 180 km.h - my expectations

Hi people I am back as I was away....
    Great to see that this forum is still buzzin away....

I am very intrested in the RS5 looks great but I am not
    to sure about the new Rs stylein to my RS4 and the
    price here in london easy £60k......

I think that's alot an once you spec it up a bit it could
    go to £65k++.....

Alot of money for 30bhp more which I don't think it
    will blow you away should have had at least 470bhp
    to realy push the game up...

But hay I am of to Geneva soon an will see it for real
    an then make my mind up as I am on the order book
    at my dealer....

What does every body think of the S5 Cab coz that to
    me looks like a more safe bet...

Great power, great looks in and out an you can have
    for £50k with alot of spec and it is a great car to drive...

Yes I know it's no RS4/5 but when you live in london
    you realy can't use all that power it's a waste I feel...

0-60 4.6 (RS4) 4.5 (RS5) 5.3 (S5 cab) roof down.....

Remember it's not what you drive but how you drive it...

Anyway let us know what you think.....

Quote Originally Posted by PP View Post
    Tks for that. The tech at my dealer told me " the problem with the RS4 is because it revs so high, and the breather system (thats supposed to send oily vapor back into the engine) cant cope at the high revs and is actually sending large oil droplets (one of the reasons they burn so much oil) then the EGR sticks to the oil droplets and you get sticky oily carbon on the inlet valve. he suggested putting a race car breather system, with a big catch tank, on the engine, then it wouldnt happen". Is that one of the changes to the RS5?
    Does anyone here have any comment on this? KresoF1?