Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking news: The Audi RS5 brochure!

It looks great, love the revs and ofcourse the looks. Simply awesome. Might this be the best RS car yet?

Qisha, I think we need some more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruergard View Post
    It looks great, love the revs and ofcourse the looks. Simply awesome. Might this be the best RS car yet?
    For sure - probably the last NA engine for an RS (best power to weight), big lump, high revving, sports diff, sports exhaust, great brakes & suspension, super seats, nice wheels, sensible economy - Wow. And also it looks nice and has a great Audi interior & reliability. Even M3 fans will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by PP View Post
    For sure - probably the last NA engine for an RS (best power to weight), big lump, high revving, sports diff, sports exhaust, great brakes & suspension, super seats, nice wheels, sensible economy - Wow. And also it looks nice and has a great Audi interior & reliability. Even M3 fans will love it.
    Yes, it's just a pity that there's a generalized hatred for the RS5 among Audi fans throughout the Internet.

Some complain about the engine being NA (not enough power, not enough torque...) others complain about the car being S-Tronic-only, others complain that it's not fast enough and so on...

Many cannot handle change.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoAudi View Post
    So it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Lmg View Post
    Yes, it's just a pity that there's a generalized hatred for the RS5 among Audi fans throughout the Internet.:
    And they have all driven the car, right? And the B7 RS4 was rubbish right?

Some complain about the engine being NA (not enough power, not enough torque...) others complain about the car being S-Tronic-only, others complain that it's not fast enough and so on...
    It's fine claret, the way it will move will be addictive power. And no, I have not driven it but have owned the RS2,RS4 B7 and the RS6+ so can imagine where we are going with this. I am also confident because Audi will have put everything into baking this cake to perfection to topple the mighty M3.

S-Tronic? - This is technology, like the latest BMW DCT. The M3 CSL was SMG, wheras the standard M3 was manual also. That SMG did not slow the car 7:50 at the 'Ring. That's fast.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoAudi View Post

Change has already occured, now they have to change. This car will seduce.

And they have all driven the car, right? And the B7 RS4 was rubbish right?
    From the way they talk, it seems that they drove the car for months already.

I am also confident because Audi will have put everything into baking this cake to perfection to topple the mighty M3.
    Yes, me too. And it seems Audi was quite sucessful.

Based in the info that KresoF1 kindly provided us with, the RS5 is at least 6 seconds faster than the E92 M3 in the 'Ring.

Based in the info that KresoF1 kindly provided us with, the RS5 is at least 6 seconds faster than the E92 M3 in the 'Ring.
    I am sure they sweated blood to get it below the 8 minute mark. But only time will tell.

What you think the time from 0 - 200 km/h?

0-200 at 14.5 secs appr.

Hi everyone....

I got a call from my dealer late today how told me that the RS5 will cost £57,480.00 in the uk an that first customer car will be in oct,10.....

An i can confirm that the RS5 has DRC aswell with three different control levels like the new RS6....

An also i have been told that it will have the flat bottom wheel from the RS4....

looks like this is gona be a expensive car guys...

but it will be worth it if its as quick as an R8 and faster around the ring by 10 secs then the RS4 and lets not forget the sound of that V8 changeing down gears with the S-tronic box....

I would be mapin out all the local tunnels......

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    Ben- i really hope you are wrong-
    Personally I think it WILL come over, just not at the price any of us are hoping for.
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by artur777 View Post
    0-200 at 14.5 secs appr.

14,5 secs is to fast, or?

Suzuke Grey

There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Quote Originally Posted by RS4 SM View Post

An also i have been told that it will have the flat bottom wheel from the RS4....

One problem solved ! thanks.

You know, about the whole manual vs S-tronic debate - when I ordered the E46 M3, the SMG was my biggest doubt in the car, but I was taking over a slot from someone else who had given up, so I was either taking it or facing a 4 or 5 months wait. After the initial adaptacion period, I really started to enjoy the SMG, especially in heavy traffic - it was a relief to have it. And driving fast I never, ever, felt the need to have a manual box, which I think is the best thing you can say about it. The SMG is now maybe a 10 year old technology, so I can imagine things have moved on (for the better) and that this box in the RS5 will be even better! I really think people should give a try before saying stuff like "manual box is the one for the real drivers" and "I will not buy this car if it doesn't have a manual box" kind of statements...
    my 2 cents...