Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eurocharged Proformance Welcome with a RS6 ECU Tune ***GROUP BUY***

Quote Originally Posted by Eurocharged View Post
    Wednesday BUMP BUMP BUMP

I would like to remind all of you that there is only a few days left on this sale ( 3 day's). so get it while you can, It's a great saving.
    Toronto Dyno Tuning Day is 1/22/2011 - Call Jerry @ 312-446-6326
    San Francisco Dyno Tuning Day is 1/8/2011

ONLY 2 days left to get on this group buy

i know you guy's want more potential out of your RS6's, why not let us bring it out of the car

Get your RS6 tune before the group buy ends
    Toronto Dyno Tuning Day is 1/22/2011 - Call Jerry @ 312-446-6326
    San Francisco Dyno Tuning Day is 1/8/2011

Tried mult times to phone you, both sales and tech. No answer.
    will try on Friday.

I was calling to get answers. What will you set the ECU to for California? Tried the Revo 5 hour flash at Boost 6, Fuel 9, timing 3. Got a little knocking, added acitone to take care of.
    But really should have maybe gone with boost at 5. Do we keep sending it back to you to fine tune the settings? Thanks

Let me know if you still can't reach Jerry, I will give you his cell.

So someone convince me this is a good idea and reasonably safe with only three RS6s completed from what it seems (plus a few more maybe not on the forums) and not on the road yet for an extended period of time?? I guess maybe I think the tuning is more complicated than it really actually is (???) but it makes me nervous thinking of this over Revo, APR, GIAC, MTM or others that are more costly that have been doing the tuning for much longer on a wide range of Audi's in large quantities.

My tranny is starting to shift weird (long) already so lord knows what this could do. Really need to read about TCU removal and send it off to Hoppen.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

All you California GUYS listen up! I spoke with greg about a dyno tune day here in California , so if you know someone just shoot me a message the more people the better. We are talking CUSTOM TUNE not your everyday tune. And it will still be cheaper than MTM and you dont have to take anything out.

I mean GREG at EUROCHARGED.

These are mostly questions of "should I or shouldn't I?" that only you can decide in the end. I am very pleased with the power and performance with my car, and for the money it can't be beat. If you want and can spend 2x or 3x more for a program flash from one of those tuners that have been holding us hostage all these years, just for peace of mind, then that is what you should do. If you are leary because of your tranny, again that is something only you can make the call on.

From my experience with Jerry and Eurocharged, if you are unhappy with this tune I'm sure they have no problem flashing you back to stock within a reasonable period of testing (he's be the one to confirm this) and give you a refund. Their communication and availability throughout the process of flashing and testing mine has been outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    So someone convince me this is a good idea and reasonably safe with only three RS6s completed from what it seems (plus a few more maybe not on the forums) and not on the road yet for an extended period of time?? I guess maybe I think the tuning is more complicated than it really actually is (???) but it makes me nervous thinking of this over Revo, APR, GIAC, MTM or others that are more costly that have been doing the tuning for much longer on a wide range of Audi's in large quantities.

My tranny is starting to shift weird (long) already so lord knows what this could do. Really need to read about TCU removal and send it off to Hoppen.

Mark,

Tuning is actually very basic after you have the software/hardware package to crack the stock ecu. Have you ever wondered why some of those "big tuners" often charge 3 to 4 times the price of a "normal" 2.7tt or 2.0t reflash for the RS6? Its the same hardware/software package and same tables that get changed? Its because "they" think the RS6 folks can pay the extra. IMHO

I think the data with realtime dyno runs that produced repeated results on several RS6 vehicles is more than what we can say for other providers. Example GIAC and some of their poor results for 4 times the price if not more.

That said, we have weird transmissions already but you do have Tozo in your area and worst case can have him build you a proper unit.

Get the TCU and ECU done at the same time....send TCU to Hoppen and let Euro do the ECU. My opinion and its only worth the paper its printed on.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post

DHALL1,

If you do both ECU andTCU upgrades is it worth it to still send the tranny to TOZO? And I live in California where is one and how much does it cost?

If I were you....my opinion.

Send ECU to Eurocharged and get the 91oct map.
    At the same time send your TCU to Hoppen MTM dealer and have the TCU chip installed.

Car is down for 1 week and both computers are taken care of.

There is no need for Tozo's modifications if your not having transmission problems.

Again just voicing my opinion. Dont shoot the messinger. Take it with proper medication.

Oh and order some BND Aces IV fuel conditioner. Your CA gas sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by RGSRS6 View Post
    DHALL1,

If you do both ECU andTCU upgrades is it worth it to still send the tranny to TOZO? And I live in California where is one and how much does it cost?

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Mark,

Tuning is actually very basic after you have the software/hardware package to crack the stock ecu. Have you ever wondered why some of those "big tuners" often charge 3 to 4 times the price of a "normal" 2.7tt or 2.0t reflash for the RS6? Its the same hardware/software package and same tables that get changed? Its because "they" think the RS6 folks can pay the extra. IMHO

I think the data with realtime dyno runs that produced repeated results on several RS6 vehicles is more than what we can say for other providers. Example GIAC and some of their poor results for 4 times the price if not more.

That said, we have weird transmissions already but you do have Tozo in your area and worst case can have him build you a proper unit.

Get the TCU and ECU done at the same time....send TCU to Hoppen and let Euro do the ECU. My opinion and its only worth the paper its printed on.

Convincing. I know the costs from the normal players are a joke just because they think we have deeper pockets as i was very offended RS6 programming was 3 times the amount for my TT. BS. I wish i had a spare TCU all of a sudden as my car i kinda need everyday. Now should i keep sinking money into this damn thing, that's my real decision. I need rotors and other things so timing of this offer sucks.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible

Skip the rotors - if you go fast enough nothing can hit you.

Seriously, overall, I've been pleased as well. I did have an issue, they responded immediately, thoroughly, and so far, effectively. Granted, I'm in Jerry's home town where he happened to be, but you're in Chicago so same thing. The issue has now been fixed in the software so all future flashes should be free of the glitch. I also like that, according to Jerry, he backs the boost off at the upper end to keep the turbo's in their efficiency range, at the expense of peak power but for the longevity of the turbos. In my opinion, for most of us, we're really after a driving experience in these cars, not 1/4 mi times, not lowest lap times on some track. For me, a neck straining mid-range is just the ticket.

The car is just so fun to drive now (like I hated it before). The mid-range torque is much smoother than stock and it is just point and shoot driving. Haven't found a spot in freeway traffic yet I couldn't put it in. Holes barely big enough for the car to fit through lengthwise are no problem, I'm through and out of harm's way before they can even think about honking at me.

It is without doubt better than the standard Revo tune - better mid-range, better everything. It is not quite as hard hitting as a fully custom tune I had from VAST but it is much more driveable (the VAST tune literally seemed like it was running away with itself at part throtle) and VAST, after several noble attempts, failed to fix the dreaded "check sum error" that put it in limp mode. I've heard this is (was?) occasionally a problem with APR as well which was VAST's base code.

Like Scott said, only you can decide on the risk v. reward, downtime etc. For me (knock wood) it's been a good gamble.

Thanks for the input. Bad timing as i'm saving money for my wedding but if i had a rain check for after June that would probably do it...lets see...better honeymoon or faster RS6. I know the answer but that will just get me killed.

Mark,

You know you want to flash that beast

lol, now that is playing dirty....I like it. Where do i get that roof mod.

I was really leaving a hint with the raincheck comment. I need to wait a few months but i'm ready to do a few upgrades in the engine dept finally.

+1 to what he says and the fact that boost levels at redline are tapered is really a big deal. Big reason for going this direction.

Guys, I also sent my TCU to Hoppen today. I will give a report next week. Jena Hoppen was on top of everything and response has been very good. Nice to see.

Quote Originally Posted by RS6-4dr911 View Post
    Skip the rotors - if you go fast enough nothing can hit you.

Seriously, overall, I've been pleased as well. I did have an issue, they responded immediately, thoroughly, and so far, effectively. Granted, I'm in Jerry's home town where he happened to be, but you're in Chicago so same thing. The issue has now been fixed in the software so all future flashes should be free of the glitch. I also like that, according to Jerry, he backs the boost off at the upper end to keep the turbo's in their efficiency range, at the expense of peak power but for the longevity of the turbos. In my opinion, for most of us, we're really after a driving experience in these cars, not 1/4 mi times, not lowest lap times on some track. For me, a neck straining mid-range is just the ticket.

The car is just so fun to drive now (like I hated it before). The mid-range torque is much smoother than stock and it is just point and shoot driving. Haven't found a spot in freeway traffic yet I couldn't put it in. Holes barely big enough for the car to fit through lengthwise are no problem, I'm through and out of harm's way before they can even think about honking at me.

It is without doubt better than the standard Revo tune - better mid-range, better everything. It is not quite as hard hitting as a fully custom tune I had from VAST but it is much more driveable (the VAST tune literally seemed like it was running away with itself at part throtle) and VAST, after several noble attempts, failed to fix the dreaded "check sum error" that put it in limp mode. I've heard this is (was?) occasionally a problem with APR as well which was VAST's base code.

Like Scott said, only you can decide on the risk v. reward, downtime etc. For me (knock wood) it's been a good gamble.