Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: RS600 for sale in Minneapolis :)

Dont mess with RS6.com

crap who gave dave a copy of photoshop.

This is just the start...

I've been observing this and have a few cents worth of thoughts.

Are we confusing un-legal with un-safe??? Is there anything on this car to suggest it's not safe to be driven on US roads in comparison to a 2003 US RS6?

I live in Pennsylvania and I could legally switch the VIN tags on the car. I would buy the cheapest 4.2 A6 I could find and swap the VIN plates. The firewall stamp might take some effort, but might not even be an issue, though as only one or two of the VIN tags have to match I want to recall. Then I'd have to modify the insurance policy for all the 'modifications'. I know that there is some fine print here but it can be done to get the car on the road.

Then at this point, the state wouldn't really care as long as it passes the annual inspection (safety and emissions). I know that that my inspection shop wouldn't raise an eyebrow if I explained to them the car's history.

And lastly, a 6 speed RS6 could be a reality if I could find a cheap one with a bad engine or transmission. Or if I can find a willing soul with some coin.

Anyone that wants to throw 55-80k in the toilet be my guest. Window boy can drive it off a cliff for all I care. Real Audi buyers were at that auction ready to pay a fair price for a car with a vin. Not filppers looking to double their money on the golden goose. No vin...no deal. See ya later suckers....duck-foot-rat eats golden goose for lunch.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/17/l...-audis-for-na/

I will wait for the real 6sp RS4 avant.
    Last edited by DHall1; February 18th, 2010 at 04:11.

Dave, I almost pissed myself laughing. When I saw that the new owner of this car had made his second poor decision this week and posted on this board, I thought to myself.....this guy's god d@%n lucky Dave's out riding his bike right now. And now I come home to see this flame marathon. Too funny.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Should have stuck to the scooter

Quote Originally Posted by quicksdraw1411 View Post
    If someone did own an rs600 with a clear title what would the value be - - thanks

Thumbs up

what is the vaule of an rs600 anyhow?

If someone did own an rs600 with a clear title what would the value be - - thanks

Unfortunately, not much...BECAUSE

for 35K or so i can replicate Hoppen's RS6 (MTM)...with big turbos and everything..(and almost forgot , legal)

" there so many ways to make par"

Hilarious pix guys ! LOL

The car doesn't exist on paper here in the states...who would know (other than Fed DOT) that's its illegal? Its just a car, just like a 2003 Rs6 really from the looks of it driving around with a dealer plate on it. Could be any used C5 that has a salvaged title even and been 're-built'. Well, LOL, everyone does know now its illegal and for sure wherever this car ends up...the Feds will come take it away sooner or later, registered or not.

Typical US Govt agancies not working together/communicating tho...the Marshalls should have never offered it up for sale....and the DOT should have confiscated it as soon as the story hit the www.
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post
    I've been observing this and have a few cents worth of thoughts.

Are we confusing un-legal with un-safe??? Is there anything on this car to suggest it's not safe to be driven on US roads in comparison to a 2003 US RS6?

I live in Pennsylvania and I could legally switch the VIN tags on the car. I would buy the cheapest 4.2 A6 I could find and swap the VIN plates. The firewall stamp might take some effort, but might not even be an issue, though as only one or two of the VIN tags have to match I want to recall. Then I'd have to modify the insurance policy for all the 'modifications'. I know that there is some fine print here but it can be done to get the car on the road.

Then at this point, the state wouldn't really care as long as it passes the annual inspection (safety and emissions). I know that that my inspection shop wouldn't raise an eyebrow if I explained to them the car's history.

And lastly, a 6 speed RS6 could be a reality if I could find a cheap one with a bad engine or transmission. Or if I can find a willing soul with some coin.
    Interesting -- I thought this was illegal. Also if done than the car would have to have a salvage title which would drop its value. The ECU stores the VIN and that would be wrong. Add in that this car has custom Software and Custom parts and who in the world can service it. Read the first link in the ownership history http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/12...smission/page3 post #54.
    The Job

THE JOB

Early this year the car was finished.....it was an amazing project. You can imagine how many things had to be changed.

1. The Manual Gearbox broke the entire electronic system (ECM) so the car was sent to Bosch (Germany) to be reprogrammed.

2. The Manual Gearbox breaks ABS, had to be re-engineered and re-programmed as well.

3. Power distribution between front and rear axles....a very difficult balance and a hell of a job done by MTM. This is ALL custom work....these pieces cannot be ordered they need to be engineered.( NOTE: This is the part that Sportec claimed was impossible and they refused the work.)

4. The Tires (needed for the horsepower) were so large that they created braking problems so an entire new braking system had to engineered. I think Porsche had their hands in this, or a least the parts came from Porsche.

----------------------

The last thing I want to say is that MTM is AWESOME !!

Not only is this car a nightmare to license but there is no one on this continent that can service it if the ECM or ABS fails. Read further on page four post #56:

The Police

The Police

Well....all good things must come to an end.

I was detained by the Swiss Police for speeding and the car was impounded. Mr. Balsen is correct. If this would not have happened, I would never be writing this thread....I would be out racing!

Unfortunately, one of the policeman was a huge Audi fan and realized that the car had a manual transmission. In Switzerland you have to have a Handelregistrarsauszug, (registration), which includes an exact description of the car (torque, horsepower, etc). If the registation doesn't match the car, then you have to get a new one....which involves an inspection of the car. At one point, the Swiss Police contacted Sportec because of the markings on the engine and Sportec denied the 610 Horsepower.....funny shit!

Since the Swiss Authorities would need to disassemble the car completely to make a proper inspection, we agreed that they would return the car and I would export it immediately to the US. The car arrives in the States this week.

Check out the Pics of the car at the shipping yard!

Look out Vipers....when I'm in the States you will be getting you ass kicked by a family sedan!

!
    !

By the way the battery is in the spare tire compartment which is a big DOT no-no from what I have read and would also need to be relocated to the same location as other US RS6s.
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Exactly.

You are at risk around every corner. Not how I wish for 44k to end up in the hands of Nancy Pelosi. Thank you very much.

Now the guy wants 55k? 80k? Please, we are not that stupid. If the car was worth it....we were standing right there to bid and take it.

Its a parts car and once the parts are ripped off it the value is squat. 30k.

Edit: We also found out that some of the Sportec components have been removed from the car. I know this for a fact. Major components have been removed. I wont say which but that fact along with the VIN and I was not bidding on the car over 30k.

Its a 30k car. plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Hilarious pix guys ! LOL

Typical US Govt agancies not working together/communicating tho...the Marshalls should have never offered it up for sale....and the DOT should have confiscated it as soon as the story hit the www.
    Last edited by DHall1; February 18th, 2010 at 16:47.

I'm 100% with what you say Dave. Its really too bad it all went down like this....especially for the window guy who bought the boobie. It would be a shame to part it out but it might be good for some of who are lucky to get some good bits off it if it comes to that. But man, what disappointing mess for the general public.

Anyway here's some interesting info here: http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/EPA-IMPA...-27/i19118.htm
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

I'll make offers on the seats and rims (they need to be refinished because of curb rash). If the owner is here PM me and let's work out a deal!

Dave -- clear your inbox I can't PM you.
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Quote Originally Posted by JRS-RS6 View Post
    ... If the owner is here ...
    I think he poked his head in and found the sharks patrolling....
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Oh I forgot -- I will also make offers on the LED tail-lights and the Floor Mats that have the RS6 Logo on them and possibly the RNS-E if it works properly and has an updated US DVD.
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

I will pay top dollar for those skeevy fender badges to enshure that they're properly destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    I will pay top dollar for those skeevy fender badges to enshure that they're properly destroyed.
    Looks like we've got another bidding war on our hands then.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

I'm driving it now

You and a bunch of othes (( envious )) jealous whatever you want to call
    it - You just don't have the money face it --- and don't know squat

The rs6,com it a weird group -

People that need to look at the house of someone and ridicule them -- should find other things to do

Please -- have a good day and leave me alone
    I think we hurt the guys feelings! Here's a quote from one of his emails, what a burden this car must have become. Don't mess with RS6.com!