Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RS600 for sale in Minneapolis :)

Exclamation

Anyone with a dealer or repair plate can drive the car on the roads legally without title or registration.
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

Even a car that is not legal to drive on US roads?

I dont know if I would have the you know what to risk an accident and potential loss of 50k cash. Just to drive a 6speed RS6.

Yes...

To you and me , no way is it worth the risk of potentially crashing your 'illegal' $50K car ...but for some window washers that poop out cash apparently...its prolly no big deal to get caught with your pants down like that. Crashed the car?...wash more windows, get more money and get it fixed.

A dealer plate carries a blanket insurance coverage also.
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

jimmy,

i totally agree with you...risky though...

but can be a great "sunday" car also...:-)

Getting caught with an illegal car and your dealer plate will also get you thrown in jail with the loss of your dealer plate.

I dont think its all worth driving the one and only 6speed RS6.

I doubt the window washer has a dealer plate and we agree on his brain power to throw money around.

Pat-lets open a window wash company. There must be money in it. We are in the wrong business. Hell, lets go work for Serious windows...

file://

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Yes...

To you and me , no way is it worth the risk of potentially crashing your 'illegal' $50K car ...but for some window washers that poop out cash apparently...its prolly no big deal to get caught with your pants down like that. Crashed the car?...wash more windows, get more money and get it fixed.

A dealer plate carries a blanket insurance coverage also.

what is the vaule of an rs600 anyhow?

If someone did own an rs600 with a clear title what would the value be - - thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quicksdraw1411 View Post
    If someone did own an rs600 with a clear title what would the value be - - thanks
    Nice -- first post. Congratulations.

Not to state the obvious but whatever they could sell it for.

Realistically 80K is is off of the charts. Good examples of RS6s are going for upper 20s to mid 30s with relatively low mileage.

For another 15K they would be more of a car than this RS600 and legal from the get go. They would also be original paint with all the trim and doors fitting and not missing the rear sun screen (warm weather package) and most of all not have to be de-blinged (those horrid badges on the fenders have got to go).
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

considering there are only 2 in the world:
    1 avant
    1 sedan

wouldn't it be a better question of asking what someone would willing to pay for an RS600?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    considering there are only 2 in the world:
    1 avant
    1 sedan

wouldn't it be a better question of asking what someone would willing to pay for an RS600?
    I think post #2 already answered that question. $45K.

Is it really true that there are only two in the world? Has anyone checked with Sportec on this question?
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

I made the same connection about the third owner - 2 funny.

Thanks for the links -- the car was actually good looking in its original color. No wonder someone was measuring the paint and shaking their head NO at the auction.
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Quote Originally Posted by JRS-RS6 View Post
    I think post #2 already answered that question. $45K.

Is it really true that there are only two in the world? Has anyone checked with Sportec on this question?
    Maybe I should have been clearer (and maybe Mr. Balsen's little finger can elaborate some, or Grizz):

2 RS6's with manual 6 speed transmissions, from what information is on this board.

Less than you paid for it $45k

It's not collectible, it's just a nicely modded RS6. Sportec is just a tuner. The car's "rarity" means nothing in terms of it's value. It's not rare, it's modded. Big difference.

A zero-mile RS6 might be worth something some day (decades) after guys like us burn the rest of them into the ground. But not this sled.

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post

It's not collectible, it's just a nicely modded RS6. Sportec is just a tuner. The car's "rarity" means nothing in terms of it's value. It's not rare, it's modded. Big difference.

A zero-mile RS6 might be worth something some day (decades) after guys like us burn the rest of them into the ground. But not this sled.
    Agreed.... there once was an 85 mile RS6 in the Portland area that someone on the board purchased... quite a story...

I miss all the fun just going for a bike ride.

Ben-nice job on the bust. You got dinner coming your way.

The car is not that rare. In the US...sure but its illegal so how are you going to deal with that? Hmmm? No VIN, no auto title and you think it can be plated in the US? So you wish to come fishing around here and stir up the pot too? Geez, take the car and drive off a cliff.

Sportec modified several hundred RS6's. No big deal. Just a couple of turbos and some tuning. Hell, someone has taken part of the Sportec kit off the car. The intercoolers, ducting and grills have been removed. Did they take more off? Are the upgraded turbos still there? who knows.

6speed conversion. Maybe 10-12 cars were done at MTM.

The car is not that clean. The repaint and color change is a fair job with body panels not fit properly. Silver paint is visible in the wheel arches. Paint is peeling from the roof rails. Did I miss anything?

As a parts car the parts are worth 30k. If you can get title and plates for the car its worth 45k.

End of story......no let me rant some more. Did I mention our cars have years of warranty left? As an example, mine is fully covered till 2015. How much does that make my car worth? 150k or so.
    Last edited by DHall1; February 18th, 2010 at 01:53.

I would add one thing.

OWNED!

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post

Last edited by DHall1; February 18th, 2010 at 01:55.

i'd just take MY rs6 and pay the $20k to have it converted... cheaper if i can locate the salvage A6 manual myself. much less hassle than dealing with the beaurocracy

LMAO- Good one Sherlock (aka Ben)!

These guys are good....

210K miles rolled