T3
    4-cyl in-line
    150 bhp
    240 Nm

1.6 D DRIVe
    4-cyl in-line
    115 bhp
    270 Nm

The all-new Volvo S60 also features City Safety as standard.

With City Safety, the car automatically brakes if the driver fails to react in time when the vehicle in front slows down or stops - or if he or she is driving too fast towards a stationary object. The system can lessen or even entirely avoid low-speed rear-end impacts at speeds up to 30 kilometres an hour.

Can avoid collision with a pedestrian at up to 35 km/h

In an emergency situation the driver first receives an audible warning combined with a flashing light in the windscreen's head-up display. At the same time, the car's brakes are pre-charged. If the driver does not react to the warning and an accident is imminent, full braking power is automatically applied.

Pedestrian Detection with Full Auto Brake can avoid a collision with a pedestrian at speeds of up to 35 km/h if the driver does not react in time. At higher speeds, the focus is on slowing down the car as much as possible prior to the impact.

A lower speed of impact means that the risk of serious injury is significantly reduced. For instance, if speed is cut from 50 km/h to 25 km/h, Pedestrian Detection with full auto brake is expected to reduce the fatality risk by as much as 20 percent and in some cases by up to 85 percent.

The dynamic new chassis in the all-new Volvo S60 is backed up by a range of electronic systems that sharpen the sporty driving experience still further.

The S60 is the first sedan model on the market with Advanced Stability Control. With a new roll angle sensor, it is possible to identify any skidding tendency at a very early stage. This means that the Dynamic Stability and Traction Control (DSTC) can step in earlier and with greater precision. Advanced Stability Control is a great asset in dynamic driving involving considerable lateral forces, thus improving handling and rapid avoidance manoeuvres.

Corner Traction Control for tighter cornering

Corner Traction Control is a new feature that uses torque vectoring so the car takes curves even more smoothly. This technology is a further refinement of the DSTC system. When cornering, the car's inner driven wheel is braked at the same time as more power is transmitted to the outer driven wheel. This allows the driver to take the curve more tightly while reducing any tendency to understeer.

A highly advanced braking system is an important part of the dynamic driving properties of the all-new S60. The sedan is equipped with a number of features that interact to provide the shortest possible stopping distance in all scenarios.

The front end and interior shouts "Buick" (not that there is anything wrong with that) and some angles say Nissan. To me, lately Volvo had been very Bahaus IMHO (a good thing). But with this, the last of the truely Bahaus styling is now dead. Kinda sad.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

i dig the interior- very ikea/ BoConcept. front end needs some work- that is the weak spot- but then again not every car comes perfect front and back and sides, e.g. A5/S5- even the new A8 has a weak back end.

i like it. looks perfect for tooling around in Stockholm with a 5' 8" blond, green-eyed, 120 lb swedish girlfriend for a year while immersing oneself in scandinavian culture. i'd take mine in black.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Back, alright. Side alright. Front not alright....... At least not in the pics. Interior looks nice though...

Hideous!