Thread: Launch Technique ???

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    If you watch the vid....you will see that mooch is performing the TC flash method.

He is just not sitting there and powerbraking the trans to death. He is getting a flash point to the TC and some pre spool to the turbos...you can hear it. He just likes to do it in 3 steps. on off on off....kinda like his women.

So the two ships method or duck foot is the same as Pat's 1,2,3,4,5 method is the same a mooch's three step get yer ass out of my fucking way method.

Your mileage may vary.

Too funny
    Was mine only 5 steps? I could have sworn there were at least 7 I must have omitted something. Did I include the step where you reach over and open and close the glove box while spinning the navigation knob? It would be nice to keep duck-foot-rat in the center console just to help engage the launch sequence when needed. Somebody pulls up next to you at a red light and gives you the look...... To which you respond, "hold on, I have to get duck-foot-rat to activate launch control".
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

eeehhh well as the stop light king here i am sure i concur on the methods described, i do MaxRS6 version with a little Mooch. In S, (i leave ASR on as often i just forget when the opportunity rolls up next to me and i don't want to look tooooooo obvious...besides if the throttle application is right it makes no difference) I brake, then tap the revs a little as mooch says then hold to 2K and roll off the brake and into the throttle easy and all the way in the throttle once rolling to skip any wheel spin. G37s don't stand a chance. Or most things. Ummmm not sure how to address the life of the tranny, got 45K out of the last one, first two were still born.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

"I told you people not to forget that duck-foot-rat!" Now how the hell are we going to get out of here and beat that GT-R.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    "I told you people not to forget that duck-foot-rat!" Now how the hell are we going to get out of here and beat that GT-R.

$100 say's the hairy guy ate Duck-foot-rat. Big mistake, only Duck-foot-rat knew the real lunch control sequence.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's