Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Rich of VIPERBL TUNING!!!

Welcome Rich of VIPERBL TUNING!!!

Gents,

I know some of you a while ago were asking questions about UK mappers/tuners and whether there was anyone who could provide maps for you guy's across the Pond.

Well......

I have mentioned him a few times on here recently, so I thought that I might make a formal introduction, as I know that he is going to pop in and say hi.

Rich of Viperbl has already mapped numerous cars from s4's to BIG HP rs4's adn RS6's- he himself is running a 700+hp RS4.

He has been mappping cars for Grizz and has gotten great results with a truely personal touch that you can only get from a one man indie.

What is really exciting is that Rich is able to offer remote custom mapping- so the pond is now no obstacle!

I will leave him to explain the details, but I can highly recomend him as a contientious mapper, who is a true & passionate petrol head who will get the best and safest HP from your cars. (he also hails from the Isle of Man- famed for the TT races and no speed limits here in the UK!!)

A really great guy, much in the same ilk as Grizz who is always happy to advise and talk all things HP.

I for think that he will fit right in here and be a valuable asset to our forum.

Welcome Rich.

Mooch.
    So fast, it will re-arrange yer trousers!!

Thats very much Mr Moocher!

Hi guys, hope I can be of some assistance to the forum, looking forward to reading about some of your cars on here

Also as moocher has said I am able to provide mapping over the net with our self tuning device.

Few videos from my RS4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSmbDAnTjNs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04dNinzvXUU

Cheers
    Rich

Just talked to Rich today, THANKS MOOCHER..i have to say i look foward to cooperate with him. A great guy. Cant wait to let my beast get tunned by his hands and it a pity we don´t have people like him here in Slovakia!!!

Rich..looking to hear from you soon and helping my beast get even better

If Grizz says its good. Its good.

For those in the USA. Sit tight just a few more days. SAF has been cooking up some go juice in Texa$$$$. A full report to come very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by viperbl View Post

Also as moocher has said I am able to provide mapping over the net with our self tuning device.

Cheers
    Rich
    Could you clarify this a bit please? Are you saying that you could actually just send us a file that we could load to the ECU ourselves? Would that also give us the ability to reload the stock programming if need be (i.e. when bringing the car in for warranty work)? If this is the case, that's one hell of an option convenience wise.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    If Grizz says its good. Its good.

For those in the USA. Sit tight just a few more days. SAF has been cooking up some go juice in Texa$$$$. A full report to come very soon.

See new thread under dyno runs

Rich, got any of your 700+dyno runs?

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmoocher View Post
    Gents,

I know some of you a while ago were asking questions about UK mappers/tuners and whether there was anyone who could provide maps for you guy's across the Pond.

Well......

I have mentioned him a few times on here recently, so I thought that I might make a formal introduction, as I know that he is going to pop in and say hi.

Rich of Viperbl has already mapped numerous cars from s4's to BIG HP rs4's adn RS6's- he himself is running a 700+hp RS4

He has been mappping cars for Grizz and has gotten great results with a truely personal touch that you can only get from a one man indie.

What is really exciting is that Rich is able to offer remote custom mapping- so the pond is now no obstacle!

I will leave him to explain the details, but I can highly recomend him as a contientious mapper, who is a true & passionate petrol head who will get the best and safest HP from your cars. (he also hails from the Isle of Man- famed for the TT races and no speed limits here in the UK!!)

A really great guy, much in the same ilk as Grizz who is always happy to advise and talk all things HP.

I for think that he will fit right in here and be a valuable asset to our forum.

Welcome Rich.

Mooch.
    . Off topic but what rear rotors did you install on your rs6? That rs4 is crazy!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Could you clarify this a bit please? Are you saying that you could actually just send us a file that we could load to the ECU ourselves? Would that also give us the ability to reload the stock programming if need be (i.e. when bringing the car in for warranty work)? If this is the case, that's one hell of an option convenience wise.
    Yes, that’s exactly what it can do... as long as its stock to begin with (but if it’s not, there are ways)

What basically happens is I send you this device; it reads your current (stock?) map into the device and stores that in there as Map1.

Then connect the device to your PC/Laptop via USB and suck the map from the device.

You then send the map to me so I can confirm which software version your car has and email you back the necessary Stage I map.

You download this to your device and it will be stored as Map2, you can then upload this to your car and that’s it.

There is room for a 3rd map on the device and I have some thoughts on this, for example a map with very low boost and low rpm limiter, maybe like a valet map? or even a map that disables the car from starting if you’re going on holiday and leaving it on your drive, even with they have the key it will not start ...

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by viperbl View Post
    Yes, that’s exactly what it can do... as long as its stock to begin with (but if it’s not, there are ways)

What basically happens is I send you this device; it reads your current (stock?) map into the device and stores that in there as Map1.

Then connect the device to your PC/Laptop via USB and suck the map from the device.

You then send the map to me so I can confirm which software version your car has and email you back the necessary Stage I map.

You download this to your device and it will be stored as Map2, you can then upload this to your car and that’s it.

There is room for a 3rd map on the device and I have some thoughts on this, for example a map with very low boost and low rpm limiter, maybe like a valet map? or even a map that disables the car from starting if you’re going on holiday and leaving it on your drive, even with they have the key it will not start ...

Rich
    Interesting -- can you back up other vendors reflashes with this method?
    Last edited by JRS-RS6; February 9th, 2010 at 15:01. Reason: sic
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Quote Originally Posted by JRS-RS6 View Post
    Interesting -- can you back up other vendors reflashes with this method?
    In theory you can, in that the inital map it reads from your car it will assume to be "stock", even if its another vendors flash, so you could always go back to this map if you wished ...

What about a map for higher octane fuels or race fuels etc Rich, can this device accomodate that in map3?

Also will read DTC's for interogation as well- for instance you could pick that up too and advise etc?

Could you customise your map via this method too- tweek it to suit an individuals quest? (IE mine for eleventy billion HP)

Nice to see you around again!

Fantastic car you've got.

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmoocher View Post
    What about a map for higher octane fuels or race fuels etc Rich, can this device accomodate that in map3?

Also will read DTC's for interogation as well- for instance you could pick that up too and advise etc?

Could you customise your map via this method too- tweek it to suit an individuals quest? (IE mine for eleventy billion HP)
    Map3 can be pretty much anything, always open to suggestions guys?

Yes, tweaking is possible and I will be able to do this, but it will be on an individual bases once we have chatted about all the angles ...

DTC’s is a great little feature if you don’t have VAG COM, you can quickly find any trouble codes and I can help as indeed can the forum I am sure, to try and diagnose any issues...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruergard View Post
    Nice to see you around again!

Fantastic car you've got.
    Cheers mate, its been a while! Never enough time in the days!

this is a great idea Rich, when can we expect that download device ... i can't wait

Originally Posted by viperbl

[/I][/SIZE]
    :)
    01 Bullitt
    03 RS6
    04 R1

Quote Originally Posted by R1 View Post
    this is a great idea Rich, when can we expect that download device ... i can't wait
    Cheers

I hope the first batch will be here within 10 days, I will keep you all informed, got a feeling this order might not be big enough tho!

Welcome Rick and I look forward to your posts/comments.
    210K miles rolled