Thread: R8 V10 rips 0-60 mph 3.3, 0-100 mph 7.6

R8 V10 rips 0-60 mph 3.3, 0-100 mph 7.6

1/4 mile 11.5 secs @ 123.1 mph :bigeyes:

faster than F430 and based on 145 extra pounds and power deficit a bit less quick than the LP560-4.

Road & Track numbers- from the the most reliable american car mag. based on roll-out the car would still have made 0-60 in 3.5 seconds from a standstill. braking performance was subpar, the car was prob run-in so the engine was loosened up, but the brakes were probably a bit worn out. link is to data only. don't have the actual write up.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/content/...March-2010.pdf
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

WOW!!!

If those numbers are spot on then I am impressed. F430 smoked!!!! GT-R smoked!!!!:bigeyes:

That's the quickest so far, right?

Good NIGHT! Those numbers are extremely impressive. Hard to imagine that those stats are repeatable with all V10s (must have got a properly broken in example )...

Imressive!

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Very impressive numbers from a very capable car. It would be hard pressed to find those same numbers in other publications as it seems that these digits represent the full capabilities of the car under the best conditions (best traction on start, perfect weather, etc...) Fantastic numbers for a car weighing almost 3800 pounds, a testament to Audi's engineering.

On another note, look at the numbers for the Murciélago LP670-4 SV......JESUS. The california too has some nice numbers for a 4000 lb car!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    Good NIGHT! Those numbers are extremely impressive. Hard to imagine that those stats are repeatable with all V10s (must have got a properly broken in example )...

Imressive!

Ben
    same goes for the GTR that supposedly made the sub 7:30 ring time.

i like R&T because it is the only serious, unbiased american car mag. the only one whose opinions i take seriously.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    same goes for the GTR that supposedly made the sub 7:30 ring time.

i like R&T because it is the only serious, unbiased american car mag. the only one whose opinions i take seriously.
    True dat'. What is the GT-R 0-60mph time? 3.6?

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    True dat'. What is the GT-R 0-60mph time? 3.6?

Ben
    not sure. lowest i recall was 3.4- like R & T's- but in another car mag. if i am not mistaken- of all the world's car mags the one that does the best job of equilibrating for ambient conditions and other variables IS R & T.
    Last edited by RXBG; February 10th, 2010 at 00:56.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

GTR may be fast, but if you track it - NO warranty, period. Plus the tranny is very prone for failure and thats near $20K to fix. With the "black box" on board, Nissan can easily determine your speeds, g-force, etc to see if you did "abuse" the car.

Nissan now provides a pre-purchase letter outlining all the things that if they find that you do, they will totally void warranty. You can basically drive at freeway speeds and never use launch control.
    2008 Sprint Blue/Silver RS4 Cabriolet, 2009 Space Gray/Tobacco BMW X5 Xdrive35d
    2010 R8 V10 Velvet Purple/Alabaster White-Black