Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Manual Conversion

Banned

Manual Conversion

Guys,

Ive owned my RS6 for quiet some time and after looking at alternative cars i've decided that I will keep the '6 and play with it a little.

My plan of attack is to gather the parts and take the car off the road late '10 or early '11, I am planning to do the following:

Manual Conversion
    Engine and turbo upgrade
    Intercooler Upgrade
    Brake Upgrade

To make the manual conversion easier and negate the need of custom adapter etc I will rebuild the engine into a C5 S6 block with aftermarket forged pistons, conrods and also camshafts. The manual conversion will also feature a carbon fibre clutch to hold upto the torque.

The turbo upgrade will consist of a Garrett turbo upgrade with either GT28 or GT30 the exact trims will be decided to ensure the ability to make ~800bhp/1000m. The intercooler upgrade will be wagner side mounts or anything better available at the time.

The brake upgrade will consist of the C6 RS6 front brakes and using the standard front setup on the rear along the same lines as the UNIT 20 rear brake upgrade.

The coding to allow the manual conversion will not be an issue as my tuner has already been involved in three manual conversion for RS6's.

Keen for people's input and suggestions.

I would think the adapter plate is way easier/faster/cheaper way to do it. You need a 1/2" spacer for the tranny anyway, you could make it so it converts the bolt pattern too. You would need a custom flywheel too. The RS6 crank has a different bolt pattern crank than the S6/A8/S8.
    05 Cayenne turbo

Without extensive knowledge myself, I would agree. The block is different for a reason, most likely a very good one. An adaptor plate should be a no-brainer for a decent machinst. I'd either use very high strength aluminum (I think 7075 has a pretty high yield strength, any aerospace engineers know better?) or carbon steel. You don't need that puppy working loose from deformation under all that torque. I'd maybe even be inclined to let an engineer (if you're not one) take a look at the design just to be sure. Doesn't require anything sophisticated, just someone that knows what to look for on a structural part.

Cosworth build RS6 engines.

I dont know if it gets any better.

Gumpert use the same engine as well.

I dont know if it gets any better x 2.

Quote Originally Posted by 650RS View Post
    ............................The coding to allow the manual conversion will not be an issue as my tuner has already been involved in three manual conversion for RS6's........
    Where is your tuner located?
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

How much weight will the transmission conversion save?
    C5 RS6, A3 TDI, 02 TT
    01 Wrangler, 03 F250 Diesel, 08 F450

Guys,

Ive owned my RS6 for quiet some time and after looking at alternative cars i've decided that I will keep the '6 and play with it a little.

My plan of attack is to gather the parts and take the car off the road late '10 or early '11, I am planning to do the following:

Manual Conversion
    Engine and turbo upgrade
    Intercooler Upgrade
    Brake UpgradeTo make the manual conversion easier and negate the need of custom adapter etc I will rebuild the engine into a C5 S6 block with aftermarket forged pistons, conrods and also camshafts. The manual conversion will also feature a carbon fibre clutch to hold upto the torque.

The turbo upgrade will consist of a Garrett turbo upgrade with either GT28 or GT30 the exact trims will be decided to ensure the ability to make ~800bhp/1000m. The intercooler upgrade will be wagner side mounts or anything better available at the time.

The brake upgrade will consist of the C6 RS6 front brakes and using the standard front setup on the rear along the same lines as the UNIT 20 rear brake upgrade.

The coding to allow the manual conversion will not be an issue as my tuner has already been involved in three manual conversion for RS6's.

Keen for people's input and suggestions.
    Thats funny because i already started that project i have a a6 block and a rebilt s4 trans will put piston,rods,cams and gt 30 maybe 35s but kept it shady until it was don sorry boys wanted to be the first.

Banned
    ttrs6 - im willing to share info if you are

120-150 lbs.
    05 Cayenne turbo

Banned
    Can someone please remind me if the RS6/A6/S6 block use sleeves are have the bore sprayed with a polymer?

hi guys, having the manual conversion done on mine, will have it back in less than a week all being well. 2x gt30's, inconnel manifolds, lots of cooling, heads flowed / matched. should be big power,

ttrs6 - im willing to share info if you are
    If you ask me about e85 i say your better off with meth injection with pure meth my rs6 is in the shop getting snowperfomance stage 3 meth injection as we speak.Im putting a 2.5gallon tank to hold meth not washer fluid.Im doing downpipes,wastegates,fueling,tc,about 25psi of boost via greedy boost control maybe more also removeing evap system remachined cams custom tune with a lot of timeing for about 110 octan with meth.Tuner is saying im going to run about 700hp.Did i menchen 6spd next year because the tranny mite not like all that power thats why i put the greedy in.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Cosworth build RS6 engines.

I dont know if it gets any better.

Gumpert use the same engine as well.

I dont know if it gets any better x 2.
    I agree, stock block is much better then the NA 4.2 its made for boost. However only the heads are built and engineered by Cosworth.

Banned
    Only difference in the bottom end's is the lowe CR pistons used in the RS6 engine.

The heads are a different matter but you could replicate the heads using stndard A6/S6 items if needed.

Only difference in the bottom end's is the lowe CR pistons used in the RS6 engine.

The heads are a different matter but you could replicate the heads using stndard A6/S6 items if needed.
    If that was the only difference then why are you switching blocks for the 6sp?

Quote Originally Posted by p3u View Post
    If that was the only difference then why are you switching blocks for the 6sp?

Bolt pattern for bell housing different?

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Bolt pattern for bell housing different?
    Of course, my attempt at a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by p3u View Post
    Of course, my attempt at a joke.

Sorry just tuned in... Glad to see this thread.