Thread: RS2-RS4 video Nordschleife

How about a direct link vid and have it pull up in the thread.

Looks that RS2 has more than standard power, great video. Thank you.

But further it look very standard to me.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
    But further it look very standard to me.
    To me as well. Maybe chipped but no more than that I'd say.

RS2 driver is making better decisions and driving better. Better line

I drove behind him in my RS2 last June. He has a 420hp MTM kit. Car looks mint. He then also drove a very good line, and I was able to keep up with him the entire lap...I think he had the small RS2 brakes. I could brake a bit later than him, and his turbo lag seemed a bit longer as well, but when it hit, he started to pull away from me. Especially after Bergwerk I noticed that he had more power. The car is dark green.

I found a pic of him the days we were there driving...saturday it rained like I have never seen before. Recognized the lisenceplate.
    It was fantastic to drive the RS2 in heavy rain on the Nordschleife...M3's and GT3 RS's didn't stand a chance

me

[QUOTE=Skaala;184705]I drove behind him in my RS2 last June. He has a 420hp MTM kit. Car looks mint. He then also drove a very good line, and I was able to kkep up with him the entire lap...I think he had the small RS2 brakes. The car is dark green.

The 420 MTM kit makes sense, the way it is moving away at each corner - does that kit have the small turbo or different turbo so power comes a little lower rpm?.

[QUOTE=PP;184706]
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaala View Post
    I drove behind him in my RS2 last June. He has a 420hp MTM kit. Car looks mint. He then also drove a very good line, and I was able to kkep up with him the entire lap...I think he had the small RS2 brakes. The car is dark green.

The 420 MTM kit makes sense, the way it is moving away at each corner - does that kit have the small turbo or different turbo so power comes a little lower rpm?.
    I think the turbo is slightly larger, or different, making a bit more turbolag. (if you dont also have the MTM inlet, exh manifold etc etc.)I think catback, chip and mtm turbo puts you around 420hp

[QUOTE=Skaala;184707]
    Quote Originally Posted by PP View Post
    I think the turbo is slightly larger, or different, making a bit more turbolag. (if you dont also have the MTM inlet, exh manifold etc etc.)I think catback, chip and mtm turbo puts you around 420hp

Thanks for that explanation.

Well, now that's sorted out then.
    Thanks Skaala.

It might be 15 years old, but still got some muscles..

Quote Originally Posted by Ruergard View Post
    Well, now that's sorted out then. Thanks Skaala. It might be 15 years old, but still got some muscles..
    that is why it is so fun to run it at Nordschleife (it beeing 15 years old)...not many people know of the RS2, and they certainly do not expect to be overtaken by an Audi 80 Avant. Especially not one that has been "riced" with big bumpers and low suspention
    Several times in the paddock after a lap...one of the drivers we overtook comes over and asks: "what have you done to your Audi 80 to make it so fast!?"

Well said and a pleasure it must be to drive your RS in the wet against those other vehicles.

The rain pictures are fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaala View Post
    that is why it is so fun to run it at Nordschleife (it beeing 15 years old)...not many people know of the RS2, and they certainly do not expect to be overtaken by an Audi 80 Avant. Especially not one that has been "riced" with big bumpers and low suspention
    Several times in the paddock after a lap...one of the drivers we overtook comes over and asks: "what have you done to your Audi 80 to make it so fast!?"

these are two very good hobby drivers...rs2 with round about 420hp and a b7 rs4 camera car with jd remap !
    in the b7 are 4 passengers...

these video was made in august 2009 during our board meeting...I take the first round with my plus...but I`am such a bloody amateur !!!
    mfg
    Daniel

RS6plus -- blue pack -- h&r suspension -- 20" rs6 c6 wheels -- fully loaded and wagner cooled !

I really love your car.