Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: HUGE Update. Never going to believe this :)!!

Exclamation HUGE Update. Never going to believe this :)!!

OK - SO much has happened in the past 3 days - i will keep this short and sweet.

Friday - corporate comes in, and dismisses the CEO that laid off his upper management team (including me).

They call us all in, and give us our jobs back. Could i be happier?? No. I feel like this is a dream.

- CAR UPDATE - good and bad news

My "buddy" at the Mercedes dealership bought my RS6 on Thursday. I lost $7,000 on the deal.. but i owed more than it was worth. I needed to unload that car.

When i got my job back - where was the first place i went? To buy my RS6 back. Long story short - they were going to charge me more than i sold it for to get it back.

So what did i do? I bought a new 2010 E63 AMG instead.
    I love my RS6 to death.. but i am not willing to lose over $10,000 for it. Pics located below.
    forever

Good things happen if you stay positive. I don't want to sound mushy but it really did feel good to get support from you all on the RS6 board. Signing on and getting a positive comment from you guys was pretty awesome . I wanted to say thank you.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Congrats and great story! Enjoy the new ride and job! Looking forward to the sound clip..

With some good Karma- next time you pick up the Merc from the service, the ex-Ceo will be finishing up the detail wash...lol
    Last edited by MaxRS6; February 1st, 2010 at 03:49.
    210K miles rolled

Congrats! Goes to show good things happen to good people. The AMG looks good. What mods do you plan on doing?

Now that is awesome...good replacement...understatement...Congrats!!
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Congratulations Fonzie, that is a very good news, you still have a beast out there so no worries ,, that E63 is also an amazing car, I loveeeeeeeeeeeee its exahust sound.
    "Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"...... Enzo Ferrari

I would be knocking on that CEO's door for the extra $7k for the F@#$ up!

good to hear you are back in the saddle still!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

that is really good news!

congrats for getting your job back and what a sweet car!
    :)
    01 Bullitt
    03 RS6
    04 R1

LOL, great story and I do like the E63, but it has some very strange angles and the tailpipes what were they thinking?

I hope you stay around, please let us know how you and the Merc get along.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Congrats, that's great news!!! The job that is...oh yeah, the car too!!!!

The Benz looks awesome! AMG have done well with this albeit slightly over the top with the exhaust.....still love it and the E63 is a gem of an engine.

Makes the C5 look ancient in comparison....
    C5 RS6 Avant | Ebony Black | Black Leather | Carbon In-lays | Solar Roof | OEM Graphite 19" | Vredesteins 255/35/19 | Privacy | Milltek Non-Res | Black Optics | Stage 1+ | Plus Brakes | Alpine Multi-Media Interface | Navigation | Bluetooth | DVD | iPod Video | 710N

congrats! i guess i'll see your postings on mbworld..:-)

Nice car. I'm happy for you and your family!

Now flame suit on.

ARE YOU NUTS??

You had a huge financial near miss and you respond by buying a new car?!?

Yes you are living the American Dream.

Best wishes.

Mike

Congratulations !

To bad that Audi don't sell C6 RS 6 in US, that way you could make the complete dream!

if you are living and dying by your job, and by losing it you didn't have enough to keep an old car that you were in fact FORCED into selling for a loss, how is it possible that you buy a 90K car knowing how unreliable your employment is?

that's miami for you.

no wonder the girl in the pic looks so despondent.

ps- it IS a nice car btw. won the recent comparo vs the CTS-V in MT.
    Last edited by RXBG; February 1st, 2010 at 14:20.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Dear Fonzie Audi,

what a marvelous story that is.

Too bad AoA was not able to fullfil your personal needs... at least for now. But it could get worse than driving a E63 for a year.

Qisha

Qisha,

I am glad you took notice of the choice for the RS6 replacement by this owner. I hope Audi has some plan in the works moving forward to keep RS6 owners in the brand. This is a perfect case in point.

Too add another .02c My wife wants a new Avant. Seems like our 11yr old Lexus LX470 is getting too big to cart around the dog ect and she wants something alittle sporty with the same power she is used to driving every day. (500hp E55 AMG). There is nothing out there. I cant even order a new S4 Avant in the USA.

So my search is going back to somehow find a C5 RS6 avant to go with my RS6 sedan. Yes, she noticed the RS6 avant in the movie Layer Cake (dumb movie/cool car) and said find me one of those. There are like 3 RS6 avants in the entire USA and my wife wants me to find one.

My point is this. Toyota and Lexus lost our business when the cars became tame and boring. I hope Audi does not give up on the performance machines for the US market.

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear Fonzie Audi,

what a marvelous story that is.

Too bad AoA was not able to fullfil your personal needs... at least for now. But it could get worse than driving a E63 for a year.

Qisha

Seriously, man, you are hilarious. I mean that in a good way. You must have giant balls to park your wallet underneath the year-one depreciation curve on that beast a week after your layoff disaster.

Beautiful car tho! Just get it over to your friends at USMS and have them hack those goofy kraut grinder tailpipes off.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    ...Too add another .02c My wife wants a new Avant...
    A6 Avant 3.0 T quattro is best and only you can get over there, I just checked AoA site. I was more than sure that S6 Avant is available, but 4.2 quattro isn't as well...

Sems that MTM is magic word for you if you get 3.0 T...

BTW, I really like this Merc'... It want be here with that engine for a long time...
    Last edited by AndyBG; February 1st, 2010 at 15:53.