Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: HUGE Update. Never going to believe this :)!!

Ok, to completely threadjack this thread....

Look at this bad boy

Shame about the nasty rims and home-smoked rear lights

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Ok, to completely threadjack this thread....

Look at this bad boy

me like!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Fonzie, I'm glad our prayers for you worked out. Now I KNOW we're getting the C6!!
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

Dave
    Sweet ride, but it's so low. Does the air ride still work or did they put coil overs. Is the inside as nice as the outside?

Nice, but it's Highland Green. The lights don't look that great, and what's the point of having an Allroad if you're not going to use the suspension? I know it fails a lot, but in the mountains it's awesome to have the ability to raise and lower it. Oh yeah, it's Highland Green.........

Quote Originally Posted by AUDI5000CSTQ View Post
    Dave
    Sweet ride, but it's so low. Does the air ride still work or did they put coil overs. Is the inside as nice as the outside?
    There's a hack you can do with the vagcom to change the suspension heights. This might just be on the lowest setting.

The C6 A6 Avant 3.0T is a sweet ride. The interior is light-years ahead of the C5, with the possible exception of the material surrounding the instruments. The chassis is in another league altogether - much stiffer/more solid structure, more stable, better-resolved ride/handling balance.

The 3.0T engine is mechanically the same as in the B8 S4, AFAIK, and those are making 400+ HP with an MTM Cantronic system added on.

Add the Sport package (with either 18" or 19" wheels), and the C6 Avant looks awesome, IMO, and it would outrun the C5 S6 in most instances.

All of that said, it's never going to have the power of an E55, and of course it will never be able to smoke its tires for a block or two - instead it will just GO! ;-)

Picture: http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/1...20256707-E.jpg

Road Test: (sedan) http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...take_road_test

Oh, and FONZIE: Congratulations - nice outcome of a difficult situation, and nice car!
    Last edited by ZCD2.7T; February 2nd, 2010 at 16:40.

I was just posting the pics for the style and stance. I dont know if the owner performed the 402 mod or if they put coilovers on the AR. Yes, its Highland Green but they did a good job with it. I like it.

I think the AR is an option for us if I cant find a nice S6 avant.

And yes, ZCD...the 19" sport package is a must. The funny thing is this....Audi has 2 C6 avants in the entire western US region. That fact alone has me depressed. Who is the idiot market manager with that plan. The sales staff at the local Audi dealership have been a complete failure. Another bunch of idiots. How in the world is Audi going to take market share with these idiots at the wheel?

End rant. I will just buy an Allroad and modify it to suit our needs.

Quote Originally Posted by AudiRS4ever View Post
    Nice, but it's Highland Green. The lights don't look that great, and what's the point of having an Allroad if you're not going to use the suspension? I know it fails a lot, but in the mountains it's awesome to have the ability to raise and lower it. Oh yeah, it's Highland Green.........

...I will just buy an Allroad and modify it to suit our needs.
    Keep in mind that as with the RS 6, the transmission (Tiptronic) is the weak link in the AR/A6 2.7T.

You can chip-tune a 2.7T to ~315hp/365lb.ft. easily, however, comma, the transmission may not last under that kind of stress.

If you get an AR 4.2, then you could PES supercharge it, I suppose, but I have to wonder how long the trans would last in that situation as well.

Just sayin'...

Me like new E63. Me loooooove French Bulldogs! Nice girl!

CONGRATZ!
    MTM RS6-R MY09 Suzuka Grey
    LP570-4 Performante MY11 Balloon White

Quote Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T View Post
    Keep in mind that as with the RS 6, the transmission (Tiptronic) is the weak link in the AR/A6 2.7T.

You can chip-tune a 2.7T to ~315hp/365lb.ft. easily, however, comma, the transmission may not last under that kind of stress.

If you get an AR 4.2, then you could PES supercharge it, I suppose, but I have to wonder how long the trans would last in that situation as well.

Just sayin'...
    Good point. Plus the A6 tiptro isn't as strong as the RS6 box.

At the price of a clean low mileage AR...~18k + 2500 for a powertrain only ext warranty. I have 21000 into the ordeal. Add 3500 for wheels/tires and chip tune and your sitting less than 25k.

I am fine with that picture. Its to make the lady and the dog happy.

Quote Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T View Post

Just sayin'...

I am fine with that picture. Its to make the lady and the dog happy.
    And I doubt either one of them will drop the tranny.

And to get back on track, Fonzie I DO like the MB. I was going through the same questions and I ended up with a "new" RS6. Hope I didn't come across as too harsh and congrats again on the "new" job!!
    2003 RS6 Mugello Blue
    2007 ML63 AMG
    2003 LX470
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2003 RS6 Daytona Gray
    1995 911 Carrera
    1998 740iL

Thank Ricoloco and Snoop

Bruce,

You didn't come across too harsh. You made valid points and I'm glad you were honest. That's the beauty of being a part of a community like this - you get the opinions of people you respect.

Even though i don't still "own" an RS6.. i'll still be on this forum 3 or 4 times a day. The MB goes in for the custom exhaust on friday - so keep an eye out for a video clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonzie Audi View Post
    Thank Ricoloco and Snoop

Bruce,

You didn't come across too harsh. You made valid points and I'm glad you were honest. That's the beauty of being a part of a community like this - you get the opinions of people you respect.

Even though i don't still "own" an RS6.. i'll still be on this forum 3 or 4 times a day. The MB goes in for the custom exhaust on friday - so keep an eye out for a video clip.
    Fonzie...

Thread jack, kinda...

That happened to Champion?
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business...,7733156.story
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

sorry to hijack this tread but ...Dave this would probably make the wife and airbud happy...

http://www.audizine.com/classifieds/...28c5-29&cat=71

You guys are too funny.

The Texas guys gave me this lead weeks ago. If that car were any other color....it would be sitting in my garage right now.

My wife cant stand green cars.