Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The numbers are in

Hybrid View

The numbers are in

Capital One sold my car at auction for 23,700. It is now for sale at Autohaus in Tempe AZ. They are asking 29,989.

Here is a link...
    http://www.iautohaus.com/web/1541/vehicle/301872/2003-Audi-RS6-BI%20TURBO%20V8-Tempe-AZ

I went down to help Rob diagnose the issue with the driver information display. Turned out to be a loose connector behind the dash cluster. Must have happened when I removed the GALA wire to the RNS-E. The detail guys did an AMAZING job. The car looks MUCH better than when I left it. One thing that really helps, they removed the clear bra. It was 7 years old and showing its age. I can say it definitely did it's job. The paint under neath looked perfect.

Let's try to get this car into the right hands...

By the way I still have the custom fit car cover and the Sirius radio module for the Symphony II.

Hey Jim,

Its too bad no forum members were up for the 24,000 payoff. Now there is a 5,000 dollar markup for a dealer to polish the car?

Then the car is due for a 3500 dollar service?

I think the 24000 was the deal. Now its too much when you consider the need for timing belt and ext warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Hey Jim,

Its too bad no forum members were up for the 24,000 payoff. Now there is a 5,000 dollar markup for a dealer to polish the car?

Then the car is due for a 3500 dollar service?

I think the 24000 was the deal. Now its too much when you consider the need for timing belt and ext warranty.
    Agree...the 23,700 was right on for a retail sell. Capital One did well at auction. That's high for a 70K. I would kill right now to get $29K for my car or $24-25K for that matter.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Agreed, in todays market it should have been sold to the public at the Auction price with that mileage and not marked up.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by uberrs6 View Post
    Capital One sold my car at auction for 23,700. It is now for sale at Autohaus in Tempe AZ. They are asking 29,989.

Here is a link...
    http://www.iautohaus.com/web/1541/vehicle/301872/2003-Audi-RS6-BI%20TURBO%20V8-Tempe-AZ

I went down to help Rob diagnose the issue with the driver information display. Turned out to be a loose connector behind the dash cluster. Must have happened when I removed the GALA wire to the RNS-E. The detail guys did an AMAZING job. The car looks MUCH better than when I left it. One thing that really helps, they removed the clear bra. It was 7 years old and showing its age. I can say it definitely did it's job. The paint under neath looked perfect.

Let's try to get this car into the right hands...

By the way I still have the custom fit car cover and the Sirius radio module for the Symphony II.
    DRC-ed????
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Yes, new DRC, new upper control arm bushings, new CV boots, inner and outer and new front brakes all done in August (about 3K miles ago). It is however due for the timing belt service. Autohaus said they would do the belt once they have a contract on the car.

Typical. They use the fact that the car needs a major service to "negotiate." They'll "throw it in" if you'll pay their inflated asking price.

It should be a nice detail job... Like hall said, they're charging 5k for it.

Sorry guys,

I should have got the car for 24k and saved it. That was before the Pat and Dave timing belt show last weekend. Knowing what I know now.....I would have picked up the car for 24k. The timing belt job is gravy. That car was in fantastic condition for 70k.

My wife wants a RS6 Avant for her and the "little" Golden Retriever puppy we have. What can I do.....yes honey you and Bailey can have whatever avant you want.

DAMN!

perfect but not for $30k perfect...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Ben....have a lookie. Not 1 door ding, no scratches anywhere. Undercarriage is as clean as my RS6. Clear bra on hood, fenders, bumper, headlights and fogs. No rock chips on the front of the car.

Ben....have a lookie. Not 1 door ding, no scratches anywhere. Undercarriage is as clean as my RS6. Clear bra on hood, fenders, bumper, headlights and fogs. No rock chips on the front of the car.
    Shill!

Hahaha

Shill....hmmm, here is a real shill. Roxana Mayer who acted as a doctor in a town hall meeting with the Congress woman Jackson-Lee. Funny thing is...Mayer was a Texas state delegate in the 2008 election and also a grad student at the same college that Jackson-Lee's husband is a VP.

Actually Ben may consider the car. I am on the S6 avant hunt for the wife. I wish she could deal with the green.

How did the meet go? I need to call you. Tomorrow good?
    Last edited by DHall1; February 3rd, 2010 at 03:20.

Oh my favorite!! SJL!! If you think you're post/photo whore, this woman will put you to shame as a camera whore. Getting between her and a camera or a higher ranking politico makes getting between a bull and a heifer seem like a walk in the park.

I'm surprised with all the recent gerrymandering she didn't end up being my congressman. Thankful, but surprised.

Hahaha

Shill....hmmm, here is a real shill. Roxana Mayer who acted as a doctor in a town hall meeting with the Congress woman Jackson-Lee. Funny thing is...Mayer was a Texas state delegate in the 2008 election and also a grad student at the same college that Jackson-Lee's husband is a VP.

Hahaha

Actually Ben may consider the car. I am on the S6 avant hunt for the wife. I wish she could deal with the green.

How did the meet go? I need to call you. Tomorrow good?
    Dave, have you seen this one? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...item3359d60fca
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

The meet was great! I saw the Green Machine in person and in action. Here's our little group.

And at the track.

Baltimore mayor Sheila Dixon.

x mayor

Busted for fraud and stealing low income credit cards for personal use.

How did you know?

Damn, cant pull one over SAF

How did you know?

Damn, cant pull one over SAF
    Watch too much late night news (and have Baltimore connections from way back).