Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Important news! Audi C6 RS6 V10TT available in US

Thumbs up Important news! Audi C6 RS6 V10TT available in US

Came across this on Quattroworld - no personal affiliation:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/c6a6/msgs/1513.phtml

EDIT by Erik - added the information below to save people's time

They already have the blessing from Audi Germany, Canada and USA to import the new RS6 with the V10 bi-turbo whether Avant or sedan (already a few ordered and sold). They are slightly used (less than 10,000 kilometres/6000 miles), are fully equipped and come with a world warranty of 4 years 80,000 kilometres/50,000 miles (balance of the warranty).

In fact they got their hands on a brand new R8 V10 with only 3 kilometres on it (already sold). It was white with the full CF option!

Approximate prices as follows...

RS4 Avant $70K CAD.

RS6 (stock) for about $115K CAD.

RS6 (MTM modified) with 735 HP and ~580 ft/lbs of torque about $125K CAD. BTW, its top speed was recorded at ~214 mph (344 kph).

R8 V10 about $105K CAD (with full CF option).

They might even get some MTM modified Q7 TDIs with 500 HP.

These cars were demo cars for higher up management at Audi in Ingolstadt.

No maintenance worries either for RS6 owners. Any authorized R8 V10 dealer is capable of servicing the RS6 as per Audi Canada/USA.

Here's the link to MTM's Canadian distributor with more info...

http://www.horchaus.com/Car_imports.html

+

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11002092...-north-america

"The distributor has already brought two RS6 models into North America."

* The ULTIMATE thread about the new Audi RS6 (C6)
    http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread....hlight=mtm+rs6

* My visit to MTM and test drive of the MTM RS6 (sorry, only 666 hp at the time...)
    http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread....hlight=mtm+rs6

The americans have ran out of excuses with this! Production ends in December 2010, work harder and make sure you get one!

Who will be the first?

Oh crap.

Well that is how a "real" MTM dealer generates demand. Cheers for them.

This is now on my radar screen. The gears are turning.

65k for a used RS4 avant? Ok....I may consider it. Or just get the new S4 avant.

wow

I need to hit the lotto. MTM rs6 please!!

Awesome! Had I the money...

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo fricking excited, already contacted them and got a response...if only i had the money today i would have a blue one on the way as it is not spoken for. Its real and not that bad price wise at all (thank-you Porsche Panamera...especially Turbo). Looking to do an R8 V10 late this year or early next but this throws a complete wrench into that as i would love to replace my aging beast with a new one...and to think of only having one of barely a handfull eventually here...sold. Hard decision if/when the money shows up. Daily fun all year in a stock or just a little more a 730hp MTM car...wow...or the weekend or special day R8. hmmmm.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Well that is how a "real" MTM dealer generates demand. Cheers for them.

This is now on my radar screen. The gears are turning.

65k for a used RS4 avant? Ok....I may consider it. Or just get the new S4 avant.

wow
    RS4 Avant. Wow. Satisfies your needs it seems. New S4 avant (are they making them) in the $50s loaded. The RS4 may start at 65K but it is always going to hold well/better in value as it really will be as rare as a car can get.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible

Mark,

Give us a run down on the price. How are they getting around the DOT certs?

Crash test ect

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo fricking excited, already contacted them and got a response...if only i had the money today i would have a blue one on the way as it is not spoken for. Its real and not that bad price wise at all (thank-you Porsche Panamera...especially Turbo). Looking to do an R8 V10 late this year or early next but this throws a complete wrench into that as i would love to replace my aging beast with a new one...and to think of only having one of barely a handfull eventually here...sold. Hard decision if/when the money shows up. Daily fun all year in a stock or just a little more a 730hp MTM car...wow...or the weekend or special day R8. hmmmm.

Mark,

Crash test ect
    If I remember from what Bigglezworth researched/stated/posted that the Canadian RS6 (2003/2004) numbered around 90. The main import issue from US to CAN was:
    1. DRL,
    2. KM on the speedo,
    3. couple of other safety issues (can't remember).

How the hell did AUDI get the 2 C6's (VA & SW USA somewhere) here if there weren't crash tests? DOT/EPA exemptions?

What about the "octane" myth?

Is this Audi's version of dipping a toe in the pool?

CORN-FUSED...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Mark,

Crash test ect
    Here is all i know as first email salvo but if this is that easy...wow. Wondering about insurance but other than that...body of email below...he messed up where i live but otherwise...

Hi Mark,

thanks for your email.

I am told the Sedans are hard to find in Europe. It is a low % of the sales it seems. In the lot we could import from this week, the ratio was 5 to 1.

We ordered an electric blue sedan. It is the same color as the Avant on our website.

The process to import to the States is fairly easy. It costs 125 kCAD to get it but that includes the MTM 730 HP package. Without the MTM package, it would be 115 kCAD.

I am not too sure about the tax but technically, it should be tax free since you are from USA and we're not. THe only remaining items would be to investigate the cost of shipping it from Halifax to Colorado or you could drive it from there (not too sure about the distance however...)

Once the car gets to the Halifax port, it gets approved for Canada or for the States. Then it leaves Halifax for the States or continues to Canada.

We sold the one that was supposed to get here directly to a US buyer that offered a deal we simply could not refused!

Would you be interested in our electric blue sedan? We don't have a firm oofer on it as we speak but I have a lot of enquiries.

You can call me if you need more info.

Regards,

--
    Francois Beaumont
    Horchaus - Performance Tuning
    f.beaumont@horchaus.com
    www.horchaus.com
    Tel: (514) 495-2779
    Fax: (514) 495-2779

Sounds like the Halifax port is the customs point of entry. Or maybe the Canada version of the DOT. How can the Halifax port certify a US DOT entry? I dont see it.

It does sound too simple to be true. We need more info. These cars will not have a US VIN and thus will trigger all sorts of red flags up and down the line.

Sounds like the Halifax port is the customs point of entry. Or maybe the Canada version of the DOT. How can the Halifax port certify a US DOT entry? I dont see it.

It does sound too simple to be true. We need more info. These cars will not have a US VIN and thus will trigger all sorts of red flags up and down the line.
    If i moved forward with this I would ask for the first US owner's contact info just to confirm the process as he saw it. Wish i had the cash now, i am so pumped i would be really working on it immediately. I would even take the obnoxious blue cop bait color that's not me but what the hell when you are one of one. See me dammit as i blow your arse away. MTM version... sure...give me the badge...its my initials actually.

yeah sure give me the 730hp RS6.

hel yah i'll sell my house

haha j/k
    :)
    01 Bullitt
    03 RS6
    04 R1

$116K for a MTM RS 6-R? Is this forrrealss?
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

I am hoping someone on this forum does it so we can all find out if it is indeed easy, if the cars are indeed as perfect as they say, and also if there are any issues registering it. I also thought that the FSI motors were dumbed down for the US, because of our sulfer content. Therefor I would believe that you would have to reflash the ECU so it isn't running the FSI as strong. However, this was a long time ago when I heard that.
    All things considered, I am very interested in an RS4 Avant.

DRL - Check, easy to do
    Speedo Swap- Check Easy to do
    " Other Safety Items " - now's THAT's the kicker...

Like Dave mentioned, how to get around the DOT/VIN plate?

Subscribed , this may bump the R8 down the 2010's bucket list...

Steve
    "You have first to experience what you want to express" (V. Van Gogh)

Quote Originally Posted by SAFE4NOW View Post
    DRL - Check, easy to do
    Speedo Swap- Check Easy to do
    " Other Safety Items " - now's THAT's the kicker...

Like Dave mentioned, how to get around the DOT/VIN plate?

Subscribed , this may bump the R8 down the 2010's bucket list...

Steve
    Bumped my R8 thoughts, i am really interested to the point that later this year i will fully look at it once the fundage exists.. but not just yet. Having just had fun this morning with an E55 in front of me that tried to run, but couldn't (no op for me to get around but as usual those types don't expect whatever it is behind them to keep on their ass)...I would love an even more alien attacker that they would NEVER expect....hehehehe