Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RS6 V10 PLUS in Geneve

Quote Originally Posted by batty View Post
    I spoke to an Audi employee in Germany almost 3 years ago and he had seen the V10 580Ps on the dyno before the RS6 c6 was announced.
    He also said a 700 PS plus version was "ready to go"
    Will be interesting to see it happen............
    As much as all of us here would like to see that car, I'm affraid that 600 is top of the tops that we can expect to be presented in a RS6 plus...

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear Friends,

there is more than one new RS model, scheduled to be on sale within the USA.

So, please save your money on defensive tools and exercise patience. :asian:

Qisha

I have been told that Audi has too many niche products in the US and most likely will not see the RS6 here. Can give my source, but it is a very good one.
    03 RS6 DG Eurocharged

Quote Originally Posted by RS6VA View Post
    I have been told that Audi has too many niche products in the US and most likely will not see the RS6 here. Can give my source, but it is a very good one.
    RS5 is a given, I think the second one is the TT RS. I do hope there is an RS4.

Gents, I recently had the pleasure of driving a 700hp C6. It was NUTS.
    The strange thing was, all it took to get the 700 was a Milltek cat back, hi flow filters and the remap. £2500.00.
    There is a LOT more in there, but honestly, I dont know why you would want it!
    Head to head with my C5 it would have been like a ferrari V Ford explorer.

The car is SO different to the C5 in everyway, that I cannot see why audi would do a Plus version, even the 580 normal one is hugely fast and so far ahead of the C5 that "plussing" it would be like turbo charging a Saturn 5 rocket- Pointless.
    Besides..... IIRC the C5 Plus added nearly £10k on to the price, For £1200 audi will take off the limiter and give you 174mph in the C6, or you could spend maybe £10k on the Plus if ever it was made and get what- lets go on the old C5 plus 610hp. Or you could go to MTM or the like spend £2500 and get a 700hp turbo charged Saturn 5 rocket that WILL do 210mph+.

TBH It alawys annoys me with car companies who do this. We buy the very pinnacle of automotive innovation, we spend £90k for the previlage. then 6 months later you can buy a faster, better one. WHY? It ALWAYS was capable of being that good, that quick, why not make it as good and as quick as you can straight off? We would have still bought it!

I love the Audi Brand- always have and will do, but just hope they have produced what they consider to be the best car they can. No more pluses. If we want to strap a Solid fuel rocket booster onto the side of the Saturn- then thats up to us, but we (Audi) believe its perfect.

be nice wouldn't it......
    So fast, it will re-arrange yer trousers!!

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    no extra powah..... simply silly.

wonder where we will see that engine in the future in all its real 700 hp glory.

probably not an audi product.
    New Lambo Jota.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
    New Lambo Jota.
    the jota is going to have a v12, from what people say.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

News for the RS6 Plus:

The "Plus" can be ordered as a package, for the limousine as well as for the Avant. Both packages will be limited to 500 each.

There will be a RS 6 Plus Sport Package (WR6) for 3.520 Euro and a RS 6 Plus Audi Exclusive Package (WR 7) for 8.310 Euro.

Both packages feature a plate at the centre console with number, design-package carbon for engine bay, 20"-wheels (5-Segmentspeiche) with 275/35 ZR 20 tyres, limited topspeed of 303 kph, Sportfahrwerk plus, leather exclusive for instrument panel and parts of the centre console, floor mats with RS 6 writing. The Audi exclusive package further features Audi exclusive leather (Paket 2) in leather Valcona.

http://www.audi.de/etc/medialib/ngw/...ste_online.pdf

Ehhh, really NOTHING new then........... :eye:
    MTM RS6-R MY09 Suzuka Grey
    LP570-4 Performante MY11 Balloon White

This is very disappointing..

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmoocher View Post
    There is a LOT more in there, but honestly, I dont know why you would want it!

The car is SO different to the C5 in everyway, that I cannot see why audi would do a Plus version, even the 580 normal one is hugely fast and so far ahead of the C5 that "plussing" it would be like turbo charging a Saturn 5 rocket- Pointless.
    Looks like we have reached Terminal Velocity?

But that seems SO wrong...
    2003 RS6 Mugello Blue
    2007 ML63 AMG
    2003 LX470
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2003 RS6 Daytona Gray
    1995 911 Carrera
    1998 740iL

As I said, 580 hp is allready TO much for the car that is at its end of production...