Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: RS5 final version and prices

Ben- no way the RS5 is going to cost over 80K. the RS line has been ear marked to compete with the M lines of BMW, i've read this in at least a couple of places. especially in this economy it also makes a lot of sense. i expect its price to be in line with the M3 + maybe 10%.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    I think Icon,....is just dissapointed that the RS 5 is not turbo'd....
    Dingdingdingdingdingding, WINNAR!

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    Ben- no way the RS5 is going to cost over 80K.

i expect its price to be in line with the M3 + maybe 10%.
    Last loaded RS 4 cost $70K when the M3 was <$60K loaded... nearly 20% more.

I will be blown away if a loaded RS 5 stickers for less than $80K, and again, I expect it north of $85K. Was just at the dealer today while marketing, a S5 there (and was not even loaded) was $62K (you can configure them to $68K!)... No way a loaded RS 5 will be just $10K higher.

But, we shall see.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    Regarding RS5 price... It will be more expensive in EU then M3 Coupe or C63 for example. In fact a lot more expensive... I heard about €85K or more in Germany with Mwst. as a start...
    This is not a surprising price indication - depending on standard equipment. According to the German price list with MwST 19%, an M3 Coupe with just DSG, 19" and leather is over EUR75K and playing further with the options list you easily hit EUR90K (mine is around EUR85K). However, if the base car is as bare as the TTRS or an M3 Coupe and it still goes for EUR85K, it better be really, really good...

Ben- remember the price cut the 3.0T S5 will take vis a vis the S4. a loaded S4 costs less than 60K- so almost 10K less than the S5. no matter what anyone says- the S5 is not selling that great- few cars on lots only because audi is limiting to a trickle the number shipped over here.

when the S5 engine changes- and the price does too- the RS5 at a lower price point will make sense. the RS4 came at a time when it was meant to be above the M3- which it was. the current M3 is due for a facelift and power boost to about 440 hp soon. (again- note how the 335i and S4 compete and price relative to one another currently and you get the idea).

were it the old way of doing things then the price of the RS5 would have been close to 90K, but times are changing. again, i think you're looking at it a bit differently than i. we'll see in the fall when it comes out (assuming it'll make it stateside).

ps- audi can't keep up the S5 cabrio 3.0t vs S5 coupe V8 charade much longer. the S5 is crying for a DSG- it won't be possible to sell every S4/5 and the RS5 all with DSG options and leave the coupe like a redheaded stepchild lugging around without one. esp when the 335i coupe now has it as an option.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    Ben-

we'll see in the fall when it comes out (assuming it'll make it stateside).
    I remember having a conversation with ones here on the board about the price of the V10TT RS 6 costing @ $125K USD if it made it Stateside, and for the most part, was laughed at (which I did not mind). Sure enough, Audi could not make it cost effective and did not bring it here.

It is only my opinion that also the upcoming RS 5 is going to cost a lot more than people in the States are thinking (my number is >$85K).

But... as you correctly say, "we'll see in the fall when it comes out (assuming it'll make it stateside)".

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    I remember having a conversation with ones here on the board about the price of the V10TT RS 6 costing @ $125K USD if it made it Stateside, and for the most part, was laughed at (which I did not mind). Sure enough, Audi could not make it cost effective and did not bring it here.
    Actually, the C6 RS6 in Mexico (http://configurator.audi.com/acc/ext...t-mex-spa.view) was based at $132k sedan, $133,800k Avant...

And I didn't laugh...
    Last edited by ben916; January 27th, 2010 at 00:05. Reason: link
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Actually, the C6 RS6 in Mexico (http://configurator.audi.com/acc/ext...t-mex-spa.view) was based at $132k sedan, $133,800k Avant...

And I didn't laugh...
    Haha... one of the few that had my back man. LOL!

Back on topic, I await final pricing soon enough.

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

don't forget that the cars cost much less in the US then in europe.......
    saluto da mike the Nougatilicious marker

switzerland - a land flowing with milk and honey

remember that the RS4 V8 had prices varying from 66000 EUR in Germany to almost 80000 EUR in France... the difference being what was standard and not included in the different countries.. i had mande the analaysis and the prices were basically the same in each country if you comapred the cars with identical spec(options), remaining diferent was VAT % and rounding.. or in some counbtries the luxury tax (Holaland or nordish countries)...

so when we talke about 90000 EUR for RS5. if it is fully loaded, that is still ok, if it is with nothing in it, that is damn expensive and cannot be when you comapre to its competitors... at similar spec than RS4 (so with bucket seats for exemple) I expect to have in Belgium for about 80 to 85000 EUR, where the RS4 was at 76000 EUR. if RS4 would be seeling today with inflation it would be selling around 80000 EUR in belgium i think, so that is my best guess based on logic... but we all know RS5 spec will not be the same (DSG is an option now), os that will add up if it wanted,, + sport differential... etc...

We will see soon enough...

I'll be in Geneva on March 4 th to find out in person...
    And I will order it ASAP... I've been out of RS cars for much too long... almost desperate...
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

Having a RS4 myself I'm disappointed that Audi will not produce a RS5 with an engine that's not all that different then mine. Imo they're just not going to sell that well if they merely compete with an M3 at its lower price point. If the RS5 is to be successful and at a higher price point than the M3 then its performance should be on par with a car like the CLK 63 AMG BS. That's the car I'm looking to replace my RS4 with now as they can be had for nearly 50% off their original msrp in 2008 and most have under 20K miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy M View Post
    Having a RS4 myself I'm disappointed that Audi will not produce a RS5 with an engine that's not all that different then mine. Imo they're just not going to sell that well if they merely compete with an M3 at its lower price point. If the RS5 is to be successful and at a higher price point than the M3 then its performance should be on par with a car like the CLK 63 AMG BS. That's the car I'm looking to replace my RS4 with now as they can be had for nearly 50% off their original msrp in 2008 and most have under 20K miles.
    :eye:
    this is bs... M3 has got more performance than the clk 63 amg! despite the lack in raw power - it's not what counts!
    Last edited by darkop; January 28th, 2010 at 05:53.

Quote Originally Posted by darkop View Post
    :eye:
    this is bs... m2 has got more performance than the clk 63 amg! despite the lack in raw power - it's not what counts!
    Um yeah it's close but equal drivers on same course, the AMG would beat the M3 without question. It's as close to a DTM car as you can get and I think that counts for more than anything else.

Coilovers, limited slip diff w/ oil cooler, 500hp, 461 lb ft of torque, 285's in the rear etc etc all stock the AMG is a special car.

Um yeah it's close but equal drivers on same course, the AMG would beat the M3 without question. It's as close to a DTM car as you can get and I think that counts for more than anything else.

Coilovers, limited slip diff w/ oil cooler, 500hp, 461 lb ft of torque, 285's in the rear etc etc all stock the AMG is a special car.
    No, it's not even close! M3 destroys the clk AMG any time since it's more balanced package overall! So that's what the main target for RS5 should be (and it is), and the guys from Ingolstadt know it!

no offence but you yanks like dragsters so no big surprise here for your different understanding and opinion! cheers

Quote Originally Posted by darkop View Post
    No, it's not even close! M3 destroys the clk AMG any time since it's more balanced package overall! So that's what the main target for RS5 should be (and it is), and the guys from Ingolstadt know it!

no offence but you yanks like dragsters so no big surprise here for your different understanding and opinion! cheers
    Now you're comparing the BS to a dragster? Are you sniffing glue?

Now you're comparing the BS to a dragster? Are you sniffing glue?
    haha, ur funny! ur quote was BS (bull s**t) dude! AMGs are dragsters.
    but once again - no offence!

Keep it calm guys...
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

The CLK Black Series was double the price of the M3, it's a special edition. The RS5 won't be even close to that level of starting price.