Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: RS5 final version and prices

Quote Originally Posted by iconcls View Post
    You assume my "requirement" is linear

OK, since you're moving the goal line as the discussion progresses, please do tell what your "requirements" are?

Quote Originally Posted by itisme View Post
    that makes one minute more driving pleasure, doesn't it?
    Smart Cars for everyone!

'97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

No

Quote Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T View Post
    OK, since you're moving the goal line as the discussion progresses, please do tell what your "requirements" are?
    I moved nothing, you presumed a linear relationship.
    '97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

350 of torque- not bad for NA 4.2 liters. flatten the torque curve. rev like a flywheel. and weigh less than 3900 lbs and you've got a decent machine for 2010.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

I moved nothing, you presumed a linear relationship.
    You're bent on showering the RS5 with haterade.

Why?

Why are some members here bashing RS5 before they even saw its specs? Or before they saw complete technical info about it from quattro Gmbh?

Strange, strange world indeed...

Regarding GT-R... Awsome car for the money-IMHO. BUT, I know personally two persons with: broken engine+broken DCT=first person, broken drive shaft+broken DCT=second person. Both cars are EU specs and with less then 8000kms on clock...
    I guess that my very good friend and devoted fan/owner of 911 turbo is right-you need to pay for the real quality... His 997.1 Turbo manual has 110.000km on clock and runs like a dream. He waits for 997.2 Turbo PDK with high hopes... And he will not sell his 997.1 turbo...

Why?
    Because I'm their target wet dream and I honestly think they had the opportunity to do something really special and instead they copped out, cheaped out, wussed out....

Right with the GT-R engine problems. But Nissan in Europe has called back all models, at its own charge, for a complete engine change.

I'm an Audi custumer for more than 10 years, not sure Audi would have done the same thing (DRC, etc....)

Well, i hope a lot concerning the RS5. Hope to be surprised. But today, the only N/A engine i appreciated was signed AMG (and Ferrari of course)

Because I'm their target wet dream and I honestly think they had the opportunity to do something really special and instead they copped out, cheaped out, wussed out....
    No they didn't.

Audi just refused to follow Nissan's example of developing a vehicle to the nth degree, only to then sell it at 1/2 of its unit cost.

The current GT-R is a once-in-a-lifetime bargain, so don't pretend that it's anything other than a statement by a Japanese car company trying to make a name for itself in a market they've never been able to truly reach.

In what way?

The RS5 will be better than its mais competitors, wich include the M3 and the C63 AMG. That alone makes it special.

It won't special enough beat the GTR in a track, no, but that wasn't Audi's goal from the start.

No they didn't.

Audi just refused to follow Nissan's example of developing a vehicle to the nth degree, only to then sell it at 1/2 of its unit cost.

The current GT-R is a once-in-a-lifetime bargain, so don't pretend that it's anything other than a statement by a Japanese car company trying to make a name for itself in a market they've never been able to truly reach.
    1. You're delusional and you've been around the VAG block long enough to be able to spot a parts bin car.

2. Ghosn maintains the GT-R is, and was always destined to be, a money maker.

3. GT-R's provenance speaks for itself.

But enough with these GT-R comparisons, I merely stated I wanted the RS 5 be a more refined version of a GT-R and come "close" in performance and the car as laid out here falls far short.

(...) I merely stated I wanted the RS 5 be a more refined version of a GT-R and come "close" in performance and the car as laid out here falls far short.
    Why do you say that? Just because of the engine?

1. You're delusional

2. Ghosn maintains the GT-R is, and was always destined to be, a money maker.
    1: Possibly. ;-)

2: He must be counting on selling enough of the Spec V versions (at (COINCIDENTALLY!!) double the cost of the normal version) to break even. Seems unlikely to me.

the RS5 will cost about 10-15K less than the GTR, at least in the US- or about 70K, but will also be loaded. and it will also be an audi- which means it will be drivable every day and have an interior level of construct that the GTR will not be able to match. the ownership experience will be completely different between the two. so i am not sure why people are comparing. the GTR buyer will be more motivated by raw power and track ego than the RS5 buyer.

anyone with a bit more money could get an RS5 and then mod a B5 S4 that could overwhelm the GTR in acceleration.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    the RS5 will cost about 10-15K less than the GTR, at least in the US- or about 70K, but will also be loaded. and it will also be an audi- which means it will be drivable every day and have an interior level of construct that the GTR will not be able to match. the ownership experience will be completely different between the two. so i am not sure why people are comparing. the GTR buyer will be more motivated by raw power and track ego than the RS5 buyer.

anyone with a bit more money could get an RS5 and then mod a B5 S4 that could overwhelm the GTR in acceleration.
    Regarding RS5 price... It will be more expensive in EU then M3 Coupe or C63 for example. In fact a lot more expensive... I heard about €85K or more in Germany with Mwst. as a start...

interior level of construct that the GTR will not be able to match
    Hence, the word "refined."

so i am not sure why people are comparing
    Funny, I don't think comparing two AWD sport coupés all that odd, especially when you consider the field.

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    Regarding RS5 price... It will be more expensive in EU then M3 Coupe or C63 for example. In fact a lot more expensive... I heard about €85K or more in Germany with Mwst. as a start...
    Then, according to my calculations, the RS5 will cost around € 115k in my country. More or less what I was expecting.

the RS5 will cost about 10-15K less than the GTR, at least in the US- or about 70K, but will also be loaded.
    Incorrect.

My bet is loaded: north of $85K.

Correct.

The ultimate sleeper. And I seriously doubt that Audi will ever make a car with tuning potential that exceeds it.

I think Icon, like myself is just dissapointed that the RS 5 is not turbo'd. Nothing more...

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan