Thread: TT RS Sport Auto Supertest

TT RS Sport Auto Supertest

Audi TT RS Sport Auto Supertest

Nordschleife 8:09min

Hockenheim 1:15,0min

So, manual TT RS faster on the Ring then Cayman S PDK...

BTW, new VW Golf R also tested(manual version)-Hockenheim 1:17,0min...

with DSG even faster.

once again- DSG and turbo = fast fast fast times
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    with DSG even faster.

once again- DSG and turbo = fast fast fast times
    Hmm.... I do not think so. Why? New VW Golf R is good example-that car is faster around track in manual version then in DSG.

According to my source same thing with forthcoming TT RS with DQ500 S Tronic.

Of course in straight line S Tronic/DSG is faster. And in hands of average Joe on race track I will add...

BUT, excellent driver will be faster with manual.

As fast as the BMW M5?

Or even faster I think.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    As fast as the BMW M5?

Or even faster I think.
    In Hockenheim, about one second faster than M5 and the same time as M3 E92 with standard tyres.
    Last edited by Lmg; January 22nd, 2010 at 19:51.

Awesome times. Knew it was fast, but this is great news... That engine is a masterpeice.
    Audi RS4
    "The ringmaster"

BMW M coupe
    "Itīs a lot like nothing else"

well 17,5 secs up to 200 kmh, dont call that a masterpiece.

Once again he didnt reach official times quoted by audi.

So did rs4, r8 v8 and r8v10... in sport auto supertest...

Contrairly to others i alwas said rs4 is faster in strightline than the ttrs. And yes rs4 is still a bit faster..

Off topic, what i specially regret for further rs models, that they dont use special bigger wheel arches, rs6c6 was the last model to look differant.... Looks like quattro gmbh is copy amg models what the look means in future

Quote Originally Posted by audi_ch View Post

Off topic, what i specially regret for further rs models, that they dont use special bigger wheel arches, rs6c6 was the last model to look differant.... Looks like quattro gmbh is copy amg models what the look means in future
    You are wrong here. New RS5 will have unique look.

KresoF1,

Has Golf R been driven around the 'Ring yet? If so, do you know what time it did?

What do you know about TTRS and PQ500 DSG gearbox? June or sooner? I think it will make the TTRS even better, at least for everyday drivers.

(You've also been very quiet about the e-tron / R4 concept shown at Detroit. What do you think?)

Quote Originally Posted by tailpipe View Post
    KresoF1,

Has Golf R been driven around the 'Ring yet? If so, do you know what time it did?

What do you know about TTRS and PQ500 DSG gearbox? June or sooner? I think it will make the TTRS even better, at least for everyday drivers.

(You've also been very quiet about the e-tron / R4 concept shown at Detroit. What do you think?)
    -Golf R: not yet driven around Ring. IMO Golf R equiped with DSG is excellent car. I would go for 19" and standard suspension.

-TTRS with S Tronic will be awsome drive indeed. July more likely...

-original e-tron based on shorter R8 wheelbase is very nice. New small one is not my cup of tea. Also, I am against electric cars a la Tesla or e-tron. You need to plug them to the wall AC outlet. I personally know guy from USA who bought Tesla and expected as much as possible. Only thing that he got was HUGE electricity bill. Car was most of the time in repair shop.
    IMHO if electric car that we will need some kind of regeneration engine(for electricity) or some kind of new "hot water" if you understand me. Current electric cars are as expensive as possible in production. Their production most likely produces more pollution then production of current Golf R for example.
    Just to let you know I am huge fan of solar cars.

KresoF1,

Thanks for that. I agree that Golf R is a great cat. I've ordered one with DSG and ACC. I'm fascinated to see what time it'll lap the 'Ring. It would be good if it could do it in 8:20 or thereabouts. New Focus RS is VERY QUICK at 8:26.

I was also wondering whether the 7-speed PQ500 will replace the existing 6-Speed box in the Golf R.

Like you, I hate the idea of an all-electric R4 / e-tron, but think a petrol-powered R4 would be excellent. Lighter and better balanced than a TT, it should go very well. I also like the new styling direction.