Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Audi A8 in white

Pictures 2011 Audi A8 in white

Have been at the Vienna Autoshow yesterday.

I knew, that the brand new Audi A8 would be there on display.

but i would have never thought in that colour

More pics here:http://blog.audidriven.net/2010/01/1...-a8-white.html

My take: same ballgame - never judge a new Audi solely on pictures.

Having seen it in flesh - i like it very much. It looks masculine and well proportioned. The lines come out nicely: a very good presence.

The interior, boys the interior

Build quality, look and feel...a further improvement from the A8 D3 or any other Audi.

MMI was "offline" - no internet connection - therefore could not test Google Earth & Google POI search, but the MMI touch was so intuitive and easy to handle. Crisp graphics & display.

Really look forward to it dropping down to the other models.

The new A8 is a worthy flagship model - period.
    Last edited by roadrunner; January 15th, 2010 at 15:24.
    I am - besides other things - Audidriven
    blog.audidriven.net

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
    It looks particulary good in this pic.

Still guess I need to see it in the flesh. I only dig that super great interior. Exterior hasn't grown on me yet.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Thanks for the pictures. This is exactly the color I wanted to see the new A8L in as this the color I want. I think in person this car will be amazing. Reminds me a bit of the Bentley Flying Spur in appearance but more crisp and modern.
    "Four Rings to Rule Them All - Audi"

One more thing: What size are those rims? And did you see if the rims come in the dark grey/machine color seen on the RS models? What was the interior combination as there are no interior pictures? Thanks..

Interior is awesome, the exterior has started to grow on me even more but I have to see it in real life. Then the real judgement comes.

Thanks for the pics.

I can't wait to see what they do with the S8.
    Hopefully they will not shy away from horsepower race....
    S63TT

Quote Originally Posted by absent View Post
    I can't wait to see what they do with the S8.
    Hopefully they will not shy away from horsepower race....
    V8 TT engine.

btw, still not liking it one bit.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Hey roadrunner, in your opinion, is IT just a big A4?

Quote Originally Posted by The RS6 View Post
    Yes and that is the big problem with this car.
    You pay a truckload of money for it and everybody think you drive a A4.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
    I asked for his opinion because he's probably the only one who saw it in person, and that's a huge factor with all Audis...

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    Still guess I need to see it in the flesh. I only dig that super great interior. Exterior hasn't grown on me yet.

Ben

I agree.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

I asked for his opinion because he's probably the only one who saw it in person, and that's a huge factor with all Audis...
    We are talking exterior? Because i think we have a consenus here that the interior is breathtaking.

No, it's not. You will never mistake it for an A4. It has it's own refined presence and looks - and yes: size of cource. It is a big car, but that's what I would expect in this class.

As already mentioned: you have to see it in flesh (besides the fact, that the colors we have seen until now (i don't even know what they are called) did not really help.

And when we get the 1st A4 & A8 side by side picture, everything should be clear.
    blog.audidriven.net

Quote Originally Posted by Audiphile View Post
    One more thing: What size are those rims? And did you see if the rims come in the dark grey/machine color seen on the RS models? What was the interior combination as there are no interior pictures? Thanks..
    Ah, you always forget something: did not really pay attention to the size of the wheels, but these should be 20''.

There was no further info available (no cataloges), but from German cataloge & configurator - no titanium trim wheels, if i recall correctly.

Here some interior pics, not from the dash, as there was always someone inside, and i used my time to play with the new MMI instead of making pics.

Brown leather with contrasting stiching, nice wood - unfortunately lighting was not that good, or my camera skills to let the beauty truly come out

@Audiphile: you won't be dissapointed and when i come over the big pond, i want to see one in your driveway - j/k
    blog.audidriven.net

I haven't talk to someone that not think it's a big A4 and based on that they don't like it.
    The inside is not the problem, the outside is the first thing you see.
    The front does not look good it's a mixed lot of parts without coherence.
    The side is just Audi sedan look like 2-3 decades.
    And the rear is to much A4 without conviction.

Just a blent emotion less design IMHO.

I haven't talk to someone that not think it's a big A4 and based on that they don't like it.
    Just a blent emotion less design IMHO.
    I am certain all of them have spend hours studying the A8 in flesh, before comming to this verdict
    blog.audidriven.net

@Audiphile: you won't be dissapointed and when i come over the big pond, i want to see one in your driveway - j/k [/quote]

Thanks, I love the combination in terms of the interior. However, I will choose a different wood trim. I like the dark rich woods that Audi has. I cannot wait to see this car and order one. I wonder what additional stuff will be added to the W12.

Below is an interesting opinion piece from Autoextremist.com I think it makes for a very good read and the opinion is spot on in certain cases (Though I totally disagree with the comment regarding the A8).

It used to be a pretty cool car company, but then things got weird, Part II. Not to be outdone in the schlock department, BMW brought the 5 Series GT to Cobo Hall, and it was even worse in person than I expected. How BMW managed to arrive at the notion that a 5,000-lb. “luxury” hatchback was a good idea has been well-documented, but it’s still beyond me. When you operate under the guiding principle of “we know what’s best for people and they will not only get used to it but they will like it” it’s easy to see how these guys run amuck. Combine that with the fact that they are absolutely incapable of walking away from a niche – both real and imagined – if they think they can make a couple of bucks on it and you end up with an outrage called the 5 Series GT. That this unmitigated design disaster will contribute immeasurably to the overall degradation of the original essence of BMW matters not one iota to the powers that be at BMW, because their arrogance is blindingly all-encompassing, and they truly believe that their actions will have no undue consequences other than to add more glory and more kudos and more money to the corporate coffers at the end of the day. How bad is the 5 Series GT? It’s so bad that it starts to make the X6 look acceptable. Oh the horror, the horror…

Not only is it a very cool car company, it’s getting cooler by the minute. To say that Audi is dialed in is to state the obvious. This car company is so switched on right now that it’s like they’re operating in a different dimension of excellence. Ford may be on a roll, but they can’t even begin to pretend to be in Audi’s solar system. Excellence was everywhere you looked in the Audi display, from the exquisite R8 Spyder to the S5 Coupe all the way to the new A8 sedan. But the stunner was the eTron concept with its taut muscular surfaces and overall compact dimensions. The eTron - glistening in its silvery blue metallic – is the second-generation of Audi’s full-electric vehicle exploration, and it provided the exclamation point to the Audi display. (One cautionary note about Audi? Though impressive on the inside the new A8 is decidedly unimpressive on the outside - especially when compared to the Cadillac XTS – which just goes to show you that there’s a very fine line between being all-world and just merely excellent.)

The rest of the rest. VW unveiled the painfully ordinary New Compact Coupe Hybrid Concept, which was supposed to demonstrate that they have their green act together, too, along with everybody else. Except that all it demonstrated to me was that VW designers really liked the previous generation Honda Civic, a lot. The “NCC” was a complete snoozer. MINI showed its Beachcomber Concept, which clearly signaled the shape and overall dimensions of its upcoming crossover. We couldn’t muster the energy to give a shit about it, but whatever. And that goes for the new Subaru Forester too. The new Jaguar XJ sedan is pretty damn cool despite that painfully weird C-pillar, but just order yours in black and it won’t matter. The Lotus Evora was better in-person than in the pictures, but almost $80,000? Uh, you’ve got to be kidding. The Bentley Mulsanne sedan was simply gorgeous (see more on it in “On The Table” – ed.). And Mercedes-Benz? The fact that this once superstar German auto company ends up in our “rest of the rest” section says it all. The new E-Class cabrio was just okay, the Maybach Zeppelin had all the charm of a Brinks truck (actually a Brinks truck is more handsome from certain angles), the SLS supercar is flat-out ugly – and from multiple angles too - and the rest of the Mercedes display was eminently forgettable (okay, the CL Coupes are good, but that’s it). It used to be that BMW and Mercedes made up the German luxury car hierarchy with Audi perennially mired in third position. Now it’s Audi… and everybody else."

Dear Friends,

the car looks fantastic in person, no worries!

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...-81318987.html

But for the "always complainer", the S8 is your thing...

Qisha