Thread: JHM rotors, Hawk HPS pads, and turned rears = I can stop!

JHM rotors, Hawk HPS pads, and turned rears = I can stop!

Finally, some good stopping power and no more squeel! You don't realize how large these rotors are when on the car, but in you hands they are massive!

Rotors are nice, very good construction, and a nice weight savings. So far so good!

I was really excited about these and I know all of the benifits involved (lightweight, replaceble rings, better cooling). Despite all that, I think I'm going to stick with the stock rotors for vanity purposes alone. I just think they look so much better, even if they are less functional. That's not to knock your new purchase. It's great to know we have options now for brake parts where we had none before.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Any pics of them prior to installation? Trust they are vented - yes?
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa

C5 RS6, A3 TDI, 02 TT
    01 Wrangler, 03 F250 Diesel, 08 F450

They are the same diameter and thickness as stock, no?

Let us know how these hold up over the next few months. If they get around to making a drilled set (just to match the rears), I'd be interested next time I need to replace mine (if I don't spring for the C6 rotors w/adaptors).

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercat View Post
    They are the same diameter and thickness as stock, no?

Let us know how these hold up over the next few months. If they get around to making a drilled set (just to match the rears), I'd be interested next time I need to replace mine (if I don't spring for the C6 rotors w/adaptors).
    Same diameter, 365mm, but 6.5lbs lighter per corner. JHM won't offer drilled, they only offer plain or slotted. They firmly beleive in the larger surface area and don't like drilled due to possible cracks forming.

Similar take away

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    I was really excited about these and I know all of the benifits involved (lightweight, replaceble rings, better cooling). Despite all that, I think I'm going to stick with the stock rotors for vanity purposes alone. I just think they look so much better, even if they are less functional. That's not to knock your new purchase. It's great to know we have options now for brake parts where we had none before.
    I thought the same thing when I saw these.
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Any update on these? I am considering them since it will only cost about 2-300 more from OEM all around.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    Any update on these? I am considering them since it will only cost about 2-300 more from OEM all around.
    You will have to ask CHUNG as he currently has P3U's sold RS6...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared