Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Repo man takes it away

Repo man takes it away

After long but not so successful negotiations with Capital One for a short sale...no deal. Thanks to dhall for his persistence and patience and for a good attempt.

So the repo man came today and carefully and gracefully took the car away on a flat bed I made sure he didn't use chains or hooks, gave him both keys and all the owners books.

The VIN is WUAPV54B73N905774 Keep your eyes open in case you see it pop up. I sure hope it finds a good home. I put a note in the owners manual with my contact information so perhaps the new owner can get in touch with me for the vehicle history.

Meanwhile I am driving a 1991 Honda Prelude that I bought from the original owner for $300 bucks. It's in amazing shape, even the electric antenna still works.

Here is a list of things I have for sale from the RS6.

LED tail lights and the LED license plate bulbs
    Custom fit car cover by Covercraft made with their sunbrella fabric.
    2 Sirius radio units.
    1 for the Symphony II radio
    1 for the RNS-E
    A transmission service kit with 8 qts of Red Line synthetic ATF

Make offers
    Daytonagrayghost@gmail.com

wow i feel for you
    i wish i had the dough, your car will surely miss yah! but life is life, got to move on, hope things work out for you in the future so you can get a nother RS
    :)
    01 Bullitt
    03 RS6
    04 R1

Sad to hear this, hope everything works out for you and the beast finds a nice home.

I tried but the banker was a butthead.

Sad day indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruergard View Post
    Sad to hear this, hope everything works out for you and the beast finds a nice home.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    I tried but the banker was a butthead.

Sad day indeed.
    If you all thought banks were raping us before, just wait for 2010. They aren't loaning us our money and they're pissed at the new CC rules.

My leasing bank for my first RS6 was a complete jerkoff. I was paying them more per month than the car was depreciating and they wouldn't keep the lease open for a few months for one of their best customers. F'em. I gave it back to them and I paid cash for my new one.

P.S. I don't think they will notice a minor change I made....
    2003 RS6 Mugello Blue
    2007 ML63 AMG
    2003 LX470
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2003 RS6 Daytona Gray
    1995 911 Carrera
    1998 740iL

Uberrs6

sorry about the car and your situation. It sounds like you are sucking it up pretty well. This downturn will only make your recovery and future success that much more rewarding.

Enjoy your family and the holidays.

Bruce

p.s. - I used to have credit with Capital One. I ran away as fast as I could from them. Complete dicks and no customer service.
    2003 RS6 Mugello Blue
    2007 ML63 AMG
    2003 LX470
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2003 RS6 Daytona Gray
    1995 911 Carrera
    1998 740iL

I feel ya man, 2008/2009 have been tough years for many, including me.

Like Bruce said, enjoy your family and the holidays.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Bruce,

+1 on the bonehead Capital One banker. I was amazed, here I sit cash in hand and there he sits 3000 miles away and a car to repo. Here I sit to save his bacon and he will not even talk to me. Ha

Lets see, banks raping us. Hmmm why? Could it be the koolaid money at the fed window? Free FIAT money will do it every time. Banks could care less about small business or loans when the koolaid money is free. :eye:

Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post
    If you all thought banks were raping us before, just wait for 2010. They aren't loaning us our money and they're pissed at the new CC rules.

My leasing bank for my first RS6 was a complete jerkoff. I was paying them more per month than the car was depreciating and they wouldn't keep the lease open for a few months for one of their best customers. F'em. I gave it back to them and I paid cash for my new one.

P.S. I don't think they will notice a minor change I made....

Sorry about the chain of events. I may be interested in the dns and sirius, shoot me a pm with a price.

I have to chime in on CapOne as well. Had a CC theft issue with them, card was clean then was overcharged by like 2K over the limit. CapOne was impossible to deal with, a bunch of monkeys. I eventually dealt with the collection agency to get rid of that mess and fix my credit. They saw how open I was and immediately helped me out, but CapOne dumped the debt onto them and I still had to pay 1.5K more than I owed. Ridiculous, moronic bank, wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Sorry to hear about your situation. You seem to be dealing with it rather well. go with a reputable bank next time, i guess :\

Why don't you just track it down and go buy it back at auction for $0.50 on the dollar? Then drive by CrapitalOne with your ass hangin out the window while giving them a one fingered salute???

uberrs6, where are you located? I may be interested in the Redline ATF if it is the D4. hahnmgh@yahoo.com
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

It is D4. I have 8 qts plus the gasket and filter kit. I live in Phoenix AZ.

Wait, let me get this straight. Dhall had cash in hand to buy your car (and I see you are right there in AZ also) but Cap One would rather repo it?? Unbelievable!!

This is why I always tell people, if you have the opportunity (through work, spouse, or whatever) to join a credit union - do it! They are so much better than regular banks. I've been with Navy Federal for over 17 years and they've always done me right.

ahh well. You're the guy by beardsly, right? just up the street from me.

sorry to hear your circumstances have changed. i was wondering why you never followed up on the water injection setup. it's killer.

Yep,

Not only would Capital One not listen. Capital One would not even speak to me on the phone.

Cash in hand buyer before all the carry costs were on the books, before the repo man was sent out, willing to cut a deal and save Capone's ass on all carry costs.

Would not even take the time of day to speak to me.

hahah, a lesson learned again about how stupid people can really be.

Capital One. This curb is mine biotch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKFN9pxfGu0&feature=fvw

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow RS6 View Post
    Wait, let me get this straight. Dhall had cash in hand to buy your car (and I see you are right there in AZ also) but Cap One would rather repo it?? Unbelievable!!

This is why I always tell people, if you have the opportunity (through work, spouse, or whatever) to join a credit union - do it! They are so much better than regular banks. I've been with Navy Federal for over 17 years and they've always done me right.

what do you want for the car cover and the radio

The custom fit cover is a Covercraft made from their Sunbrella fabric. I paid $400.00 for it, used it a half dozen times. It's in like new condition. I expect to get $200.00 plus shipping.

The Sirius module for the Symphony II radio is the only other thing I have left. I also paid $400.00 for this and only used it for 2 months before I realized you cant use this unit with the RNS-E. I'd like to get $200.00 for this also.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for their kind words and support through these difficult times. Many of the members here not only paid my asking price for the items but sent me extra $ to cover paypal fees and shipping.

I've been on the Honda forums learning about my 3rd gen Prleude. Those guys don't nearly have the class that I've enjoyed here on RS6.com

Happy Holidays.
    Jim Smith