Thread: VAGCOM / channels - help!

VAGCOM / channels - help!

I have an 2003 RS6 and I have a vagcom that I've used on my 2004 S4 and 1997 A4. I can't find any documentation on what are all the options that can changed on the car and what channels are what.

Thanks,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cmore View Post
    I have an 2003 RS6 and I have a vagcom that I've used on my 2004 S4 and 1997 A4. I can't find any documentation on what are all the options that can changed on the car and what channels are what.

Thanks,
    Chris
    http://en.openobd.org/
    Good....bad.....hey i am the guy with the RS6!

Hey Chris. I understand your pain. I personally find that the documentation for the vagcom is sadly lacking. openOBD is, in my opinion, fairly useless unless you speak German. There's almost no info for the A6 C5 in English. The ross-tech wiki has *some* information.

I find that the best way is to decide what you want to do on your car, then try to find the information on the net. Or post on the forums.

PS. I find that the VCDS software is really well done, and you can get a lot of information just by connecting it up and looking at the different adaptation channels. Hovering your mouse over the various edit boxes brings up a context help window that is the most useful way of finding out what's going on.

I'm assuming you have a genuine ross-tech cable. I don't think the earlier version had this context help.
    Last edited by Shoppinit; December 14th, 2009 at 09:39. Reason: PS